Prime Distribution Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark R. Holden

1. "No Longer a Small Company"

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility was a bonus.

Cons

When purchased by Road Runner, the environment went from small company to corporation. Long hours, lean staff in departments that needed more, little to no support from upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen

2. "Worst place ever plus hates females in leadership"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Plainfield, IN

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no pros to this place! It's going under quickly! Glad I got out when I did.

Cons

Roadrunner does not listen when challenges are presented and proof is provided to poor management and lack of leadership. If you are a female you might as well never expect to go anywhere in the company unless you are a yes girl and buckle down to the backstabbing men that think they know everything and actually only know how to run a business in the ground!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to customers and providing false info to just satisfy them until it comes down and then sorry sorry and sorry again is told over and over.

"Run Run Run from wthis company"

Pros

Good people and great Customer Solution

Cons

Senior Management talks about Leadership. There is no leadership within the Senior Managers. Company is a profit center for the shareholders and that is it. Incompetance with industry standards and failure to empower and let subject matter experts run the business. Micro Management at its finest and lack of empathy for staff has run off several talented people.

Advice to Management

Need to determine if the culture is to be one of turn abd burn talent to earn a large margin, or a culture of sustainable and continuous imperovement to grow the margin. Leadership has NO clue of how grow, develop, and lead a talented team. Paying people to treat like door mats is the culture and environment you ahve created. It is not sustainable.

"Prime Distribution Services"

Former Employee - Transportation in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Transportation in Plainfield, IN

Pros

Company offers decent pay eventually for management only.

Cons

President does not listen to employees. Extremely poor HR practices. No training practices. Sink or swim mentality.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, and hire true HR team to manage multiple issues in the company. Unrealistic corporate management.

Aug 24, 2016 – Admin/HR Support

Everyone at Prime Distribution Services values your input. We are aware of the situations and are working hard to place the right employees where their skills will be utilized to their highest ... More

"So Much Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Prime Distribution Services full-time

Pros

Great people in the company working hard to keep it running. This place has a lot of potential to be great again.

Cons

President has little to no experience in the field and has driven almost a dozen front office employees out of their positions out of pure frustration in working with him.

Advice to Management

Hire people who are less arrogant and not completely clueless as to what the basic functions of the business are.

Aug 24, 2016 – Admin/HR Support

Thank you so much for your feedback. Prime Distribution Services has been and still is working diligently to work out our organizational structure so that we may operate at our highest potential.

"Stay Away If You Value Yourself!"

Current Employee - Pool 50 in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Pool 50 in Plainfield, IN

Pros

It's a daily circus and you will be entertain to a certain point or dissapointed to why you are even here today!

Cons

Per an earlier post......Convicted Felons, Drug Addicts and Mental Illines at its worse!
    The managers are not much better than the employees they supervise with there lies and misdeeds to cover themselves from company reprimands. Working on the 2nd shift is not your standard 8hr shift......you may be working up to 12-13 hours without notice!
    It's also a shame active cronyism and nepotism is allowed and accepeted in a company. This is why the employees have distrust of each other and the reason why management cannot build a culture for their employess without the fear of being reprimanded or terminated without a proper warning.......It happens far too often and its accepted behaviors amongst Managers, Staffings Agency and the HR Department!!

Advice to Management

Grow up and take responsibility to what you have created and the path this will lead you down......2nd shift needs an overhaul with direction and maturity to what and how a job should entailed.

In Closing.....who really wants to hear about all ******** all of the time when I have my own problems to why I come to work for this company myself!

GROW UP AND TAKE OWNERSHIP TO WHAT YOU HAVE CREATED......

Aug 24, 2016 – Admin/HR Support

Thank you so much for your response in regards to Prime Distribution Services. We take into consideration all applicants when they are applying for any of our positions. Our departments have improved ... More

"embezzlement insurance fraud"

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Equal opportunity employer. ..they hire felons , drug dealers -users..inmates are running the asylum

Cons

President brags about all the money they're

making (stealing from employees ) where our bonuses. .

Advice to Management

Pay your employees back their life insurance money you stole out of their paychecks and never paid their policies! !!

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was decent.

Cons

Management has run the company in the ground. I was one of 45 that got laid off. Their lack of common sense has destroyed a good company to work for. Employees no longer get any perks other than a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If you value your employees they will be valueable in return. Quit trying to change so many things at one time.

"It wasn't a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Packer in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Packer in Plainfield, IN

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

The management needs lots of work

Advice to Management

Get someone in there that knows what there doing and can run a warehouse successfully

Aug 24, 2016 – Admin/HR Support

Thank you very much for your feedback on Prime Distribution Services. We have been working hard to sort through the issues and have added a few new roles within the company that we feel will help ... More

"Not Great"

Pros

The people that are in the office and warehouse are nice. If the right changes were made it could be a good company.

Cons

Executives do not have a clue. The training is awful. No work life balance. From what I was told it once was a good company making a profit that was a great place to work. Then they sold it and it's gone downhill ever since. From what I saw I would believe it.

Advice to Management

People are afraid to say what they really want to say to try to help the company. They feel intimidated and that if they do speak up it won't matter. Ask the team that was there in the "good days" what was different about how it was ran and how they treated employees and make some changes.

Aug 24, 2016 – Admin/HR Support

Thank you so much for your review on Prime Distribution Services. We are currently resolving the issues that have been expressed here on Glassdoor and with the help of every one of our current ... More