Prime Distribution Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark R. Holden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Solid Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been given the opportunity to grow with PDS since coming in from a temp agency for a case picking position 7 years ago to where I am today. Always had the support from upper management when needed.

Cons

The warehouse has gone through a lot of changes in recent years that has impacted relationships with customers causing us to lose some business. We have leveled out now and gained some new business. Customer retention is a must

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I have seen the constant growth opportunities for all level of employees. I have seen a lot of improvements in the Corporate structure, that has proven to be very good for the company. This business has some peaks and valleys in volume. Our consolidation program has many changes to keep up with customer demands. These changes are Customer driven, so we always do what's best for them.

Cons

Not many Cons to list right now that you wouldn't expect at any job. Everything seems to be in good order.

Advice to Management

I have seen a lot of changes over the years. I have enjoyed working here. You are definitely on the right track!

3. "Former employee and current employee again"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In making the decision to come back to Prime I was certainly skeptical. However I have thoroughly enjoyed my time back and have been pleasantly surprised with the interactions I have had with the current employees many of whom I had worked with before and a lot I had not worked with before. I have faith in the operations management as well as the administration which I might not have said when I was here before. I truly believe it is trending in the right direction and up to this point in my time back I have enjoyed my interaction with my coworkers, bosses, and management which makes me want to do what I can to help as much as possible. And allowing the office staff to dress comfortably in jeans now well that doesn't hurt anything at all either!

Cons

While there is plenty of potential for advancement in operations, advancement can be limited in administrative roles due to lack of turnover. Goals can be aggressive with margins, productivity, and efficiency as is common in a competitive industry.

4. "No Longer a Small Company"

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility was a bonus.

Cons

When purchased by Road Runner, the environment went from small company to corporation. Long hours, lean staff in departments that needed more, little to no support from upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen

5. "Worst place ever plus hates females in leadership"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Plainfield, IN

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no pros to this place! It's going under quickly! Glad I got out when I did.

Cons

Roadrunner does not listen when challenges are presented and proof is provided to poor management and lack of leadership. If you are a female you might as well never expect to go anywhere in the company unless you are a yes girl and buckle down to the backstabbing men that think they know everything and actually only know how to run a business in the ground!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to customers and providing false info to just satisfy them until it comes down and then sorry sorry and sorry again is told over and over.

"Run Run Run from wthis company"

Pros

Good people and great Customer Solution

Cons

Senior Management talks about Leadership. There is no leadership within the Senior Managers. Company is a profit center for the shareholders and that is it. Incompetance with industry standards and failure to empower and let subject matter experts run the business. Micro Management at its finest and lack of empathy for staff has run off several talented people.

Advice to Management

Need to determine if the culture is to be one of turn abd burn talent to earn a large margin, or a culture of sustainable and continuous imperovement to grow the margin. Leadership has NO clue of how grow, develop, and lead a talented team. Paying people to treat like door mats is the culture and environment you ahve created. It is not sustainable.

"Prime Distribution Services"

Former Employee - Transportation in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Transportation in Plainfield, IN

Pros

Company offers decent pay eventually for management only.

Cons

President does not listen to employees. Extremely poor HR practices. No training practices. Sink or swim mentality.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, and hire true HR team to manage multiple issues in the company. Unrealistic corporate management.

Prime Distribution Services Response

Aug 24, 2016 – Admin/HR Support

Everyone at Prime Distribution Services values your input. We are aware of the situations and are working hard to place the right employees where their skills will be utilized to their highest... More

"So Much Potential"

I have been working at Prime Distribution Services full-time

Pros

Great people in the company working hard to keep it running. This place has a lot of potential to be great again.

Cons

President has little to no experience in the field and has driven almost a dozen front office employees out of their positions out of pure frustration in working with him.

Advice to Management

Hire people who are less arrogant and not completely clueless as to what the basic functions of the business are.

Prime Distribution Services Response

Aug 24, 2016 – Admin/HR Support

Thank you so much for your feedback. Prime Distribution Services has been and still is working diligently to work out our organizational structure so that we may operate at our highest potential.

"embezzlement insurance fraud"

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Equal opportunity employer. ..they hire felons , drug dealers -users..inmates are running the asylum

Cons

President brags about all the money they're

making (stealing from employees ) where our bonuses. .

Advice to Management

Pay your employees back their life insurance money you stole out of their paychecks and never paid their policies! !!

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Prime Distribution Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was decent.

Cons

Management has run the company in the ground. I was one of 45 that got laid off. Their lack of common sense has destroyed a good company to work for. Employees no longer get any perks other than a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If you value your employees they will be valueable in return. Quit trying to change so many things at one time.