Prime Therapeutics Reviews in Eagan, MN | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
James DuCharme

1. "Up and Up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

transparent, culture, driven, unlike no other, people

Cons

growing pains, location, systems, culture, behind in times

"Not what it once was"

Former Employee - Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission statement is wonderful--to help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well.

Cons

The switch from non-profit to for profit changed the culture dramatically and was not communicated well with employees. Prime has never been an easy place to work, there is a strong expectation of proficiency and dedication along with an expectation that people will work a lot of overtime in the first and fourth quarters. However, this is now compounded by pressure to do very much more with fewer employees. They also changed the rules on how bonuses paid out without communicating them. It is virtually impossible to get 100% of the quoted bonus.

Advice to Management

Please decide whether Prime is for sale and consider what you are doing to your employees.

"So badly mismanaged it is a crime!"

Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None on the horizon unless the company is SOLD

Cons

idiotic management, coworkers are backstabbing liars, management only interested in CYA, horrible pay and benefits

Advice to Management

Get fired and sell the company!

"Behind the Times"

Former Employee - Manager in Eagan, MN

Pros

Oppourtunities abound as Prime continues to expand and hire. I have seen management take a very caring approach to staff and work with them to ensure their personal needs are met.

Cons

Unfortunetly caring management can backfire when unreasonable expectations are put on staff. Those that seem caring will appear two faced as a result and the hard work that was put in is lost.

But the real issue facing Prime right now is this. The business model in their operational departments is unsustainable. They gave grown too large and their upward trajectory in cost per case is causing problems that leadership is not equiped to solve. The current solution is constant mandatory overtime, outside of peak season. The work in many of these departments is repetitive and working people over 40 hours a week for months resulting in burning through staff faster than they can hire.

And so, while they may be behind the times in technology (Lotus Notes for e-mail...), parental leave (6 weeks of disability and 6 weeks without pay), and a lengthy list of other areas, the biggest area they are behind in seems to be believing it is 2007 instead of 2016. It is an employee's market. If you are unhappy with your job it is not difficult to find another one.

HR and management have not realized this yet. They run people ragged and then seem suprised that they don't have employees. Managers are allowed to push their staff to the limit while hiding behind "business needs" instead of being held accountable for poor planning and alerting senior leadership to the impending distasters (sounds like clinical review is heading towards another 2014 year between staff turnover and an inability to accurately predict volumes).

Your employees are not dumb. They know that things don't have to be this way, and see that your not capable of managing it better. Being nice doesn't make you good at your job, and a lack of belief in leadership is crushing employee moral.

Advice to Management

You need to manage the clients differently. Get them to be consistent, let them know Prime cannot diverge from their core processes simply because your upset or had a bad experience. The stress this puts on the organization is unsustainable and causing you to faulter. If they want a large change, let them go to their partner plans and come to Prime unified.

Hire competant and experienced HR to assist with day to day management. Too often they are left out of the loop until unethical, callous or potentially illegal actions have been taken by management.

Realize that working your staff to death will only push them out. Recognize that the business models and organizational structure that has been implemented is the root cause of you employees lack of satisfaction.

Recognize the job market you are in. Identify the leaders with high turnover and really look at what is causing it. Too often ability to crack the whip and get things done is valued over interpersonal skills and employee holistic health.

Remember that a failed employee, no matter their level, is almost always the result of a failure of leadership. Employees don't leave jobs, they leave managers. Sure there is the occassional overqualified employee, but these are the exceptions not the rule.

In short. Be better.

"One of the best!"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, good pay and benefits, so far has really tried to do the right things in projects and by the employees.

Cons

Challenging keeping up with desired growth while maintaining process to ensure doing the right things.

Advice to Management

Keep growing at a measured and deliberate pace that we can successfully support.

"Headed downhill"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO 5 weeks to start, good pay, liberal work from home policy, bagels once a month, fruit every Wednesday

Cons

Budget cuts rampant right now, many foreign contractors, and some foreign FTEs in QA that don't want to help you, communicate with you or see you succeed. QA team very silo'd. Moved QA team to the basement in 1/16

Advice to Management

Quit cutting budget on QA, you may end up with a less than desirable product. Hire better quality contractors who want to be part of the team.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with are very smart, proactive, and work hard. The PTO policy is very fair.

Cons

The cost share in the benefit plans have gone up substantially, and don't seem to be fair.

"Love working for Prime Therapeutics!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Eagan, MN

Pros

I have the support and opportunity to develop my skills and talents. I truly enjoy going to work and the people I work with and for are great. I am not micro managed and I am treated like an adult, unlike other placed I have worked in the past.

Cons

Our new CEO used to be a CFO, so now we are starting to see some budget cuts. He is good, but this was expected on my end when he became CEO. It seems to have changed the way some managers have been acting lately.

Advice to Management

I have been treated very well here and I think that has a lot to do with management style. Treat your employees with respect and you will have respectful, happy employees.

"Not for those that desire a work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Pros

Employees are very hard working

Cons

There is no work life balance

Advice to Management

You will lose your top performers if you don't provide a better work life balance for all employees.

"Prime Therapeutics"

Current Contractor - ETL Consultant in Eagan, MN
    Current Contractor - ETL Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics as a contractor

Pros

For a full time position the company is great, there are some good benefits

Cons

Regular changes, inconsistent management practices, and inconsistent practices followed. Contractors are not treated well.