Prime Therapeutics Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
James DuCharme

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"I have more downs than ups. I was passed over for promotion due to favoritism"

Current Employee - Member Services Supervisor in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Member Services Supervisor in Irving, TX

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a fast growing business and very stable. They try to keep their employees with the recent departmental reshuffle. Even those employees who did not perform well are able to transition over.

Cons

I am expected to do a lot with little recognition and promotion. I was prepared to move into the manager role in light of the company's growth. But now that the moment has arrived, I have been passed over for the second time in the company. My senior leadership only prefers to hire their friends whom they know and worked with before.

Advice to Management

They must promote from within especially good and loyal employees who have been with them more than 10 years

2. "Excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Irving, TX

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Regular hours, excellent training, plenty of opportunity for advancement, and frequent employee engagement events.

Cons

All work passes through various departments who are not always aware of how their job impacts or is impacted by the other departments.

Advice to Management

Continue improving transparency between departments and working on programs to better train each area in how best to ensure they don't inadvertently create issues for others.

"Dysfunctional Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - N/A in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - N/A in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great people working there if you can find them. A steady paycheck.

Cons

Felt alot like High School. Favoritism. Very cliquey. Metrics are the most important thing. People are a commodity.Human Resources is a joke.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself. Maybe take some leadership training. Try truly valuing all employees not just the ones that kiss butt.

"Nepotism in the ranks, inability to create collaboration, leadership oblivious to their faults"

Former Employee - Director in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Director in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genuinely nice people nice people in the Sr director and below ranks. Work life balance is great because management doesn't expect you to do anything more than you are asked.

Cons

Nepotism by senior leadership related to promotions and engaging in turf wars. Smaller leadership group doesn't translate into a more agile, accountable or collaborative effort.

Advice to Management

Get unqualified people out of leadership, build out proper roles and responsibilities and development plans for grooming leadership.

5. "Crisis Management"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Irving, TX

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of a single Pro

Cons

Total chaos. Every day they take more away from us. They take away our chairs when we go home at night! We can't even have a picture of our familiy on our desks or eat at our desks. what kind of place so cold you can't even have a picture on your desk? leadership keep talking about everything is positive and growth but ain't nobody seem positive around here to me

Advice to Management

stop with all of the changes and moving and negativity and treat us like we are human beings

"Please Read The Reviews"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance is the only thing that's great

Cons

This job only cares about the people they serve and not the employees that serves the people . You are literally a slave . You can't take off for vacation here and spend time for yourself because the block all the days months ahead of time ! You have to kiss behind and be fake and smile when your really unhappy . There's no open door policy , anything you say or do will ethier get you fired or written up . The calls are back to back with you catching your breathe , you put your phone in wrap up to catch your breath for fresh air they kick you out and basically force you to take the calls . The turn over rate is so horrible . This company can not keep nobody . I hope Walgreens understand and deal with the mistake they have gotten thereself in . No one at this company love this job . We put our fake face on until we apply for something wayyyyy better . 15.00 is not worth the stress , the lies , the broken promises and the slavery ways . Far as if you stay longer will give you chicken or pizza !

Advice to Management

Nothing will changed don't even waste your time !

7. "Up and Up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

transparent, culture, driven, unlike no other, people

Cons

growing pains, location, systems, culture, behind in times

"Highly Political and Unstable Leadership at the Top"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work at the front lines really care about their roles and do their best, even given bad tools and outdated systems, to perform their duties.

Cons

Technology is outdated. The company is mired in bureaucracy and political in-fighting. The project life cycle is insane. Projects get spun up and then killed. Repeat annually.

Advice to Management

Take an honest look at how much churn happens in leadership and take a hard look at how much wasted effort occurs fighting the bureaucracy and the bad technology.

"IT Security Engineer"

Former Employee - Security Engineer in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in Eagan, MN

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great location if you are south of the river.

Cons

Organization lacks direction, weak management, HR is a joke and does nothing! Double standard.

Advice to Management

Be proactive to the employee surveys. Be open to a better way of doing things!

"Pharma member services"

Former Employee - Pharmacy in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy in Orlando, FL

I worked at Prime Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay an opportunity for overtime

Cons

Supervisor is clueless but being friends with people in high places goes along way. Bad company culture

Advice to Management

Hire better management