KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Prime Therapeutics President and CEO Kenneth Paulus
Kenneth Paulus

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management, who doesn't interact with employees and favors people they like.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Politics also appear to be impacting senior leadership decision(in 30 reviews)
  • "If willing to go to school again, could have career movement.....Management controlling, managers and directors used tactics to control complaints of lack of support.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Bad training and short as amount of time(in 19 reviews)
  • "Leadership shows favoritism and slow professional growth.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Prime Therapeutics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Prime is a great place to work!

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for 15+ years, I've been at bigger companies and smaller companies than Prime....Prime has been my best experience yet. Prime has great culture with a true commitment to listening to employees and building diversity Excellent benefits for medical, dental, PTO, 401k match etc. We're given volunteer days that allow us to give back to our community Great work/life balance, majority of the population is still working from home and thriving...we're just as productive, but with better balance Our CEO is very transparent, every Friday writing an email for the entire company to read and know what's happening from the highest level down

Cons

I have no complaints at this time

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working front desk

Mar 21, 2022 - Reseptionist in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great communication Great management diversity with all members

Cons

Needs better HR not flexible with hours

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company - Internal Audit Team Needs Improvement

May 26, 2022 - Internal Audit
    Business Outlook

Pros

1-Culture 2-PTO & WFH Flexibility 3-CEO & Executive Leadership 4-Vision 5-Transparency

Cons

1-Leadership & Management: -Lack of Management Level Experience in Internal Audit -Lack of Industry Knowledge or Prime Business Model and Processes -Narcissistic Tendencies i.e. blaming others for failing or lack of progress, high level of self importance/superiority complex, manipulation of subordinates, lack of empathy, etc. -Gender Based Biases 2-Driven employees are silenced and identified as a problem 3-Minor coaching opportunities are highlighted in performance reviews and are considered reasons for not promoting or giving higher performance ratings 4-Audits are rarely performed by the team and if they are then they take years to complete or are never completed 5-Senior level auditors are heavily relied upon to carry the workload, team responsibilities and communication. Additionally asked to take on manager level responsibilities such as coaching and development.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Uncertain future direction but has been wonderful in the past

Mar 28, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

In the past, Prime Therapeutics has been a company that cared about its employees. My managers and team members are all truly wonderful people that I enjoy working with on a daily basis.

Cons

There are a lot of frequent changes in projects which means a lot of technical debt and rushed project deadlines to meet the dates set by business. This means a lot of long hours by developers and ITQA. The technology is lacking. Developers have limited ability to test locally or use test automation due to company only using wso2. The current wso2 infrastracture at prime doesn't have support for static code analysis or security build scans, and automated unit tests are lacking compared to available frameworks in Java. This means that Developers are spending extra time on building and deploying every change to servers using jenkins and then on manually testing every change. Attempting to convince teams to use automated unit tests was met with the push back that "it's just more code to maintain". In summary, Prime is not a place to build your skillset in current technology if you're an api developer.

5. 4.0

Good Culture

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, culture, work life balance

Cons

Many org changes, instability, confusing directions

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unwitnessed, thankless, and probably the most difficult job in their infrastructure.

Jun 19, 2022 - Enterprise Operations Lead in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

We had an incredible knowledge base that when utilized could bring anyone up to speed. We got a 600 dollar "gift" for COVID so we could purchase office supplies. The 600 dollars was taxed and we received 348.93. This is what happens when a company is subsumed by unmitigated late stage capitalism. We had vending machines. We were given the responsibilities of nearly every other department because we were a 24/7 entity. 15% shift differential for overnights.

Cons

- Favoritism - Nepotism - Out of touch with reality C level execs - Unfinished projects being used out of compliance because a director's kid enjoyed using it at home (one of many examples) - No communication between leadership and those responsible for their success. - Increased workload as turnover and the great resignation began. - No bonus for 2022, no merit increases. - Outsourced the entire EOC.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rewarding work, but sometimes frustrating

Feb 15, 2022 - Senior Systems Administrator in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

After years of stagnant systems and processes, Prime is beginning to innovate with new technologies and new ideas for the market. Managers are becoming more transparent and are trying to untangle complex knots in how the business is run. The business is healthy, and new goals continue to be achieved every year. Paid time off is generous for full-time employees, and managers are supportive when you need to take time off. Team members willingly jump in to help one another. There is a lot of thoughtful and intentional effort being put into building an inclusive work environment that goes beyond surface-level commitments to diversity.

Cons

The nature of the Prime's business of serving health plan clients means workload is sometimes at the mercy of contractual obligations and clients' requests. This can result in unexpected shifts in team priorities and sudden spikes in projects, leading to process and technical debt. There if often is a knowledge gap between how the corporate side and the operations side of Prime operate. Process documentation is often lacking or missing, so when new projects are started, a lot of time is spent remapping the current business processes before being able to assess what's possible.

8. 1.0

Not worth the hours

Jun 1, 2022 - Account Install Specialist in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime so the pay was ok.

Cons

Where to start? Nobody helps when needed. Everyone wants to work on their own and they watch their own backs. That even includes supervisors. New President came in and hired all his friends and "let go" of all the good people that were there. Work life balance is terrible. I've done anywhere from 4 hr days to 16 hour days and no one bats an eye. They only see the 4 hr days. Only reason why I did those 4 hr days was because they didn't have work and asked people to go home. On top of that if you don't you have to stay within their metrics so you don't seem like you're not doing anything. Yes they micro manage.

Prime Therapeutics Response

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for Prime. We take your comments seriously and we would appreciate more detail from you. You can connect with us by emailing HumanResources@primetherapeutics.com and a team member will follow up with you. Kindest regards, Prime Therapeutics

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Started optimistic but left feeling demotivated and anxious

Jun 4, 2022 - Clinical Review Technician in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Prime as a Clinical Review Technician for 2.5 years. I enjoyed the work at first and felt that it was fulfilling and important work (since we were processing Prior Authorizations to hopefully approve them). Prime provided some good benefits. Up to 156 hours of PTO and increases after a certain tenure. Depending on performance (whether you met the company goals and production expectations) you could qualify for an annual financial bonus. They converted to WFH after the 2020 pandemic shutdown, which I really appreciated since it provided more of a work/life balance for me. Hourly pay is better compared to other similar data entry roles.

Cons

Prime offshored some positions in the line of business I worked in. The explanation that we were given was that this would save the company money from hiring through 3rd party temp agencies and help retain more talent (less turnover), or something to that extent. This was very demoralizing for my team and for many of the techs overall because we felt like we were kept out of the loop and felt that our opinions did not matter. Because of that company decision though, we are overstaffed and the company regularly gives VTO (voluntary time off), but still expects techs to adhere to arbitrary production goals. During my last year working, my mental and emotional health took a dip and I became really burnt out from the constant micromanaging. I had really high quality work, and thought the job itself was fine, but felt that the relationship between supervisors and techs were superficial. Decisions being made at the highest level were impacting us technicians. While they care very much about member satisfaction and client satisfaction, they neglect our input on how to improve communication on process changes, policy changes, and production expectations. I would recommend this job to someone who doesn't mind micromanaging, likes WFH, and doesn't mind repetitive work that sometimes needs some problem solving or collaboration.

2 people found this review helpful

Prime Therapeutics Response

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company with great culture

Jun 9, 2022 - Sr Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work - life balance, some great people to work with

Cons

A burn-out can happen here

Viewing 1 - 10 of 621 Reviews

Prime Therapeutics Reviews FAQs

Prime Therapeutics has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 727 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Prime Therapeutics to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Prime Therapeutics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Prime Therapeutics. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

64% of Prime Therapeutics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Prime Therapeutics 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Prime Therapeutics to be coworkers, compensation, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Prime Therapeutics Job Seekers