PrimePay Reviews | Glassdoor

PrimePay Reviews

Found 159 reviews

3.8
William J. Pellicano
Pros
  • "They are understanding of the work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• "It is an amazing work environment with a fantastic group of employees across all offices(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management only cares about the bottom line(in 8 reviews)

• "As mentioned, sometimes the phone calls can be a little tough but that's just how customer service goes(in 5 reviews)

1. "PrimePay is a great place to work!"

I have been working at PrimePay full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I had not been on PrimePay’s Glassdoor page in a while, so I decided to see what some of the reviews were. I was surprised to see some of the negativity from former employees because I had not experienced any of the things that were mentioned. I have had nothing but a positive experience here at PrimePay. The culture is always team oriented and helpful. I feel like all of my co-workers get a long with each other and...

Cons

The payroll industry has its busy seasons. Someone new to the industry might find the amount of work that needs to be done during the busy season a little overwhelming. Once you get through it, you realize it was not so bad.

Advice to Management

You have a great leadership team in place. Continue to provide a supportive atmosphere and the recognition to the employees who are going the extra degree!

2. "Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Market and Brand Associate in West Chester, PA

I have been working at PrimePay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for growth, professional yet fun environment, excellent training.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the PTO/Holiday schedule. Other than that, I cannot think of any cons.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at PrimePay full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good sales training and opportunity for getting into outside sales

Cons

Need for more product training

Advice to Management

Improve operations support

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at PrimePay full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Decent sales training. The training had great energy and cared about the job. He is probably the best thing the company has going...

Cons

Too many to list. Short sighted, narrow thinking. They care more about documenting activity than they do sales. Customer service is dicey. Depends on who you get. One of their northeast hubs has some nasty people. They all literally hate their jobs, but won’t leave and clients suffer. It starts at the top and trickles. And they have a serious, serious gender and race issue. It’s subtle, but it’s there if you are paying...

Advice to Management

Sell, while there is still value in the company.

"Stay away from outside sales!"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at PrimePay full-time for more than a year

Pros

I truly cannot think of any. Even if you are desperate for a job there has to be a better alternative.

Cons

Everything. The sales leadership is a guys club and provides little to no support for day to day sales roadblocks. They have 0 brand recognition nationally and don’t try to expand that at all. You also have to wear a full suit and tie for internal meetings where no one will ever see you except your fellow coworkers. It’s a very strange culture with extremely outdated policies. They pay significantly lower than most other...

Advice to Management

Change everything but the culture needs to be changed yesterday. It’s not 1952.

"I Was Bullied"

I worked at PrimePay

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

I was literally bullied and made to feel worthless. Completely ruined my experience and made for a toxic work environment. This was made worse by lack of flexibility—literally forced to choose between not being paid or taking a vacation day during inclement weather.

Advice to Management

Change your culture.

"Family owned business that didn't allow for much advancement"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at PrimePay full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Nice fellow co-workers that I worked with

Cons

They always paid on the low side of the industry

8. "Benefit Services is a good place to be"

Current Employee - CSS in West Chester, PA

I have been working at PrimePay full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Team supervisors and managers care about the team and listen to employees. Good training program. Great co-workers who want to help customers and each other. Team mission to help customers navigate & maximize health care benefits. Can move up quickly.

Cons

Can be overwhelming in the beginning to learn all the laws and systems, but my boss and the specialists were really supportive! Heavy workload during busy season. Not being able to give customers what they want because of IRS regulations. Pay and benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but look for ways to reward star employees for their extra effort. Also would be nice to understand why benefit cost keep increasing. Employees have to jump thru hoops to pay the lower medical premium but premiums went up again this year. Also would like to see extra charge for spouse dropped.

9. "Benefit Services"

I have been working at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Fantastic leadership that cares about their employees, every employee has a voice, the company culture is as good as it gets, and employees take pride and are loyal to Primepay. Good employees will be promoted quickly.

Cons

No across the board bonuses based on company performance (ie profit sharing)

Advice to Management

Keep employees engaged by getting their 90 day, 6 month/1 year etc plans so they can track progress and growth. Waiting until a performance review once a year can be too long of a wait to track what employees hope to accomplish in the next year.

10. "An awesome company to be apart of!"

I have been working at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Working here at PrimePay has been a great experience. PrimePay has a family atmosphere where everyone is very friendly, and helpful. Each of my coworkers is not only determined to be successful in their own individual role, but also determined to help each other succeed in their roles as well. Working at PrimePay is just not a job, but a career choice! Coming into this positive environment is a breath of fresh air!!

Cons

I have no cons, my experience has been great.

Found 159 reviews