PrimePay Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 7, 2019

3.8
William J. Pellicano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They are understanding of the work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "It is an amazing work environment with a fantastic group of employees across all offices" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management only cares about the bottom line" (in 8 reviews)

• "As mentioned, sometimes the phone calls can be a little tough but that's just how customer service goes" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Benefit Services"

I have been working at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Fantastic leadership that cares about their employees, every employee has a voice, the company culture is as good as it gets, and employees take pride and are loyal to Primepay. Good employees will be promoted quickly.

Cons

No across the board bonuses based on company performance (ie profit sharing)

Advice to Management

Keep employees engaged by getting their 90 day, 6 month/1 year etc plans so they can track progress and growth. Waiting until a performance review once a year can be too long of a wait to track what employees hope to accomplish in the next year.

2. "Benefit Services is a good place to be"

Current Employee - CSS in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - CSS in West Chester, PA

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team supervisors and managers care about the team and listen to employees. Good training program. Great co-workers who want to help customers and each other. Team mission to help customers navigate & maximize health care benefits. Can move up quickly.

Cons

Can be overwhelming in the beginning to learn all the laws and systems, but my boss and the specialists were really supportive! Heavy workload during busy season. Not being able to give customers what they want because of IRS regulations. Pay and benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but look for ways to reward star employees for their extra effort. Also would be nice to understand why benefit cost keep increasing. Employees have to jump thru hoops to pay the lower medical premium but premiums went up again this year. Also would like to see extra charge for spouse dropped.

3. "An awesome company to be apart of!"

I have been working at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Working here at PrimePay has been a great experience. PrimePay has a family atmosphere where everyone is very friendly, and helpful. Each of my coworkers is not only determined to be successful in their own individual role, but also determined to help each other succeed in their roles as well. Working at PrimePay is just not a job, but a career choice! Coming into this positive environment is a breath of fresh air!!

Cons

I have no cons, my experience has been great.

"Needs better culture"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at PrimePay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An ok view from the office.

Cons

Sales just is not for me. I tried it out and ended up leaving to go back to my other profession. First and last sales job. Worked out for the best. Payroll is so saturated that it was getting extremely difficult to even talk to anyone. I hate bothering people so obviously this was not for me and that’s all you do in sales is bother people no matter what anyone says. The company never wanted you to take time off because it’s sales...can’t make them money if you aren’t working. Can’t take any time off during the holidays and if you do they give you grief. I had a boss tell me that I can spend Christmas with my family in January and anyone that wants to take time off in December is not serious about their job. Extreme micro managing, but again it’s sales. If you are a seasoned sales rep go somewhere else. This company is run by people who can’t get on board with technology. Other companies are years ahead. If you are new to sales...do something else. That’s just my opinion though. If you want a job where you don’t have to think about it after 5 then do not do sales.

Advice to Management

Nothing. I just don’t like sales. I’m sure they did great for anyone who likes sales.

5. "Growing, small company feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small enough that there aren't too many layers of management. You have access you key leaders and can find your voice heard. Everybody has the opportunity to have an impact.
    Privately owned, so there isn't the pressure of squeezing every last drop of efficiency from everyone, or every last nickel so that the shareholders are happy.

Cons

Benefits are brutal.

Advice to Management

Got to do better on Benefits. Cost is way too high.

6. "My overall experience has been good working here."

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Boise, ID

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The flexibility and the ability to utilize several resources for the day to day operations and not having to work weekends!

Cons

The overall training could vastly improve! The communication and the upper management could use an overhaul in some areas. Management meetings need to be cut down to 1 per week so that they have time to manage instead of being in several meetings per week and sometimes 2 or more in one day.

Advice to Management

In regards to our annual holiday party, I strongly suggest that you allow spouses to attend. If you don’t want to pay for them, that is understandable. Having a spouse or significant other with you is something that is important to many.

7. "Technical support"

Pros

-great people
    -great company
    -great opportunity to learn

Cons

No cons, Primepay is a great companies to work for.

Advice to Management

No advice to managers at this time

8. "Horrible place to work!"

Former Employee - Client Success Representative
    Former Employee - Client Success Representative

I worked at PrimePay full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cannot find any good thing to say for this company.

Cons

Micromanaged workplace, poor management, extremely stressful and overwhelmed/ unreasonable workload due to short staffs all the time. If you need help- you may ask but since everyone is busy with their own, most of the time -there is no help you can get. Heartless company only care if you can get the works done, if you cannot get the work done in time, your salary included all the blames from your manager. Poor medical plan and retirement plan. Although u paid your premium but you still pay full price when you see your doctors because you are under the high deductible plan. Once you reach your deductible amount, you are required to pay 20% of your bill. 401k plan is even wonderful that they only match 5% of what you contributed. They are not matching dollar to dollar.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say to the management anymore. I found how heartless they are.

9. "Sales"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Good training program on fundamentals of the industry and their products. If you put in the work, it can be rewarding. You can grow within the organization if you’re a performer.

Cons

Payroll sales is not as easy as they make it seem. Very competitive market especially since PrimePay, nationally, doesn’t have a lot of brand awareness. Leadership tends to micromanage.

"Sales Training and Support Galore - 10 out of 10!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The support system here is phenomenal as well as the job itself. Does it have its challenges well yes. Sales is not for everyone. It is a high activity based job that you can control your own destiny. Leadership here continues to amaze me in their commitment in growing this company. From top to bottom the best company I have worked for. If you are looking for a fast paced environment where your growth in the company is truly only limited to what you want. This place is for you.

Cons

No real cons as you continue to address the concerns you here from the field and make corrective actions that are appropriate.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for the opportunities to make our company stand out from the competition. Always remember to support your people as you have been. They will stand by you forever.

PrimePay Response

Nov 14, 2018 – PrimePay

Thank you for this review and your honesty. Supporting our employees is one of our main focuses in hopes that our employees stay for the long haul.