PrimeSource Building Products Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jan 16, 2019

2.8
PrimeSource Building Products President and CEO Tom Koos (no image)
Tom Koos
Pros
  • "Good place to start a sales career, good benefits, certain locations can be lucrative(in 8 reviews)

• "Caring company, good pay, good benefits, movement with in the company, many locations(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Building Material sales are slowing, was just bought out by a private equity firm(in 6 reviews)

• "Disorganized to some extent, some upper management in place due to loyalty and not ability(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Micromanaged not appreciated

Feb 26, 2015 - ISSM in North East, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Friendly people to work with

Cons

Upper management could care less about you. Long hours low pay

PrimeSource Building Products

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that it took us a few days to respond. We value all feedback and that is why we have an open door policy, employee engagement surveys, and even exit interviews. We also note that you were pleased with the quality of our benefits and the coworkers. The comment on upper management is unclear to us as to who you refer to or what has caused that perception. We will point out that our tenure and high percent of internal promotions both show that employees are Highly valued. Thank you for your comments.

2. 4.0

Nice place

Jan 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits package. Lots of room to grow

Cons

Must be willing to relocate to really go anywhere.

3. 4.0

Great company

Nov 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good pay -great environment -good benefits

Cons

Moving up in the company can be difficult.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Territory Manager

Nov 30, 2018 - Territory Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start a sales career, good benefits, certain locations can be lucrative.

Cons

Low Pay, No Raises, Top Down Management, Bad attitudes. New Ownership doesn’t not value employees.You will have your territory “re aligned “ with promises of not losing money but it will happen anyways. One change cost me 15k with no adjustments to list of income.

5. 3.0

inside sales

Jul 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee

Pros

Cons

strcit work schedule, track every movement, going through change

PrimeSource Building Products

We appreciate your feedback. The Company has made recent changes to allow flexible hours where it is possible to still provide high quality service to our customers.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work for Business or Sales

Jul 23, 2015 - Graphic Designer in Palatine, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I started working, the atmosphere was great and there was positive energy. Good benefits and decent pay.

Cons

Company culture changed once the company was purchased. Budget reductions, re-structuring and layoffs occurred.

PrimeSource Building Products

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with PrimeSource. We are proud of our benefits and our culture. We certainly understand that change can be difficult, but it also often creates great opportunities and growth. Thank you again, and wish you the best going forward.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst job experience of my career.

Nov 5, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable, growing company with good benefits. Each of their 38 distribution centers was a separate profit center (which is both good and bad). Corporate Headquarters in Dallas. Unofficial second Corporate Headquarters in Buffalo Grove (Chicago DC). Great employees. Building materials industry.

Cons

No advancement opportunities in the department I worked for. Advancement opportunities within the company were limited to those willing to relocate. The job turned out to be considerably different than the job description. The VP of the department treated us as "hired help" not as team members. Immediate supervisor was new to the position and was a micro-manager more interested in her career than those working under her. Overworked, with unreasonable deadlines. Overtime for tradeshows and over weekends was not compensated.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Employees are not valued

May 6, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, attractive work environment

Cons

Office culture, compensation, leadership, work life balance

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews