PrimeSource Building Products Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 16, 2019

2.8
PrimeSource Building Products President and CEO Tom Koos (no image)
Tom Koos
Pros
  • "Good place to start a sales career, good benefits, certain locations can be lucrative(in 8 reviews)

• "Caring company, good pay, good benefits, movement with in the company, many locations(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Building Material sales are slowing, was just bought out by a private equity firm(in 6 reviews)

• "Disorganized to some extent, some upper management in place due to loyalty and not ability(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Micromanaged not appreciated"

5.0
    Former Employee - ISSM in North East, PA

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits. Friendly people to work with

Cons

Upper management could care less about you. Long hours low pay

PrimeSource Building Products Response

March 12, 2015PrimeSource Building Products

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that it took us a few days to respond. We value all feedback and that is why we have an open door policy, employee engagement surveys, and even exit interviews. We also note that you were pleased with the quality of our benefits and the coworkers. The comment on upper management is unclear to us as to who you refer to or what has caused that perception. We will point out that our tenure and high percent of internal promotions both show that employees are Highly valued. Thank you for your comments.

2. "Good company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at PrimeSource Building Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is fair, management is accessible. Brand and operations strength. Strong customer partnerships

Cons

Disorganized to some extent, some upper management in place due to loyalty and not ability. Need to pursue career path on your own.

"Branch manager"

4.0

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products full-time

Pros

Exciting environment in building materials, with the growth of the economy

Cons

Weak upper management, lacks vision

"The Titanic part 2"

1.0
    Vice President in Dallas, TX

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products for more than 10 years

Pros

Large variety of products to sell. Good logistical platform to service all types of customers. National reach within the United States.

Cons

Arrogant new ownership and inept upper management. People are not treated like they are assets, rather liabilities. Poor communication and execution throughout the company, run more like a franchise by location than a true corporation. Too much autonomy is given to the regional and local level, which results in each distribution center being on their own islands. The sales people are overworked and under trained, with no focus on making them better and experts at their job. Customers other than Home Depot and Lowes are treated as if they are not valuable and important to PrimeSource.

PrimeSource Building Products Response

December 29, 2015PrimeSource Building Products

We have reviewed your comments and see that you worked for the company for many years before leaving. We are disappointed that you have the perception that was expressed. Our team is very excited about the high level of collaboration and energy we are experiencing and building upon. We wish you well in whatever your next career opportunity may be.

"Finance"

1.0

I worked at PrimeSource Building Products for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities, the CEOs are very personable and seems caring. The health benefits are fairly good.

Cons

Lunch breaks, leaving at assigned time, and taking personal time is frond upon by management. Pay is not competitive. Too many egos coupled with a hard line bureaucracy in place. Employees are not respected with a lot of finger pointing from upper management. Lots of turnover in multiple departments.

Continue reading

"Absolutely no employee appreciation"

2.0
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at PrimeSource Building Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is slightly above average for merchandising work. Flexible start time 6-8 am. Work independently and make your own schedule.

Cons

The job quality has gone down hill drastically in the last few years. Expect to me micro-managed remotely via tablet and be held responsible for electronic malfunctions. Expect for your workload to be tripled with projects but allowed no extra time to complete them along with your regular work. There is no employee appreciation what so ever and the upper management of the merchandising program is the worst manager I have ever encountered in the 10 years I have worked merchandising. There is no respect for merchandisers in the field and you are often expected to do things like take pictures of store employees durning projects that makes your stores feel as though your manager is questioning your work. The benefits are the worst I have ever encountered in a fully benefited job including almost no PTO as accrued time is expected to be used as sick, personal, and vacation and is less than 1 day a month accrual. You are expected to travel off the clock at the start and end of the day and stores can be upwards of 2-3 hours from your home. Constantly taking away merchandisers benefits such as paid time and schedule flexibility to cut costs despite consistently being told how thriving the company is.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.