Primerica District Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

District Leader

4.5
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Freedom & Unlimited Income Potential (in 42 reviews)

• Part time or full time opportunity which gives incredible flexibility to work as much or as little as you choose (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Multi-level Marketing at it's absolute worst (in 18 reviews)

• The position is commission based (in 34 reviews)

1. "Primerica review"

Current Employee - District Leader in Merrillville, IN
    Current Employee - District Leader in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company cares about the middle class, does what is right 100% of the time, Own my own business, make my own hours, provides lots of training for reps, unlimited earning potential based on what you put into it, educates the public about the rules of money, love my team

Cons

All offices are independent brokerages. Therefore, some offices or individuals in offices can give the entire company a bad name. Not all offices or people, are bad.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! Glen Williams is an awesome CEO! This company cares about people!

2. "Best Career"

Current Employee - District Leader
    Current Employee - District Leader

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a single mom I appreciate being in control of my schedule. The only company that pays equally despite age, gender, employment history and education background. Great team support.

Cons

It's a career not a job (only a con for those that want to be controlled by a boss and limit their potential).

"Love it!"

Current Employee - District Leader in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Primerica (More than a year)

Pros

I can set my own hours, work when I want to, determine my own income! I can put as much or as little into it as I wish. I only have to go to the office for training. I can work my rear off for five years and RETIRE!

Cons

If I don't work, I don't get paid! I don't just get paid to show up, I actually have to get licensed and see people! I found out that the list my manager wanted was to start building ME a team of people to override! As I build THEIR teams the same way, THEY start making good money too! (wait, wrong box)

Advice to Management

Talk to a better class of people, or at least people that can see the "big picture". Small minded people will work until they die.

4. "District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in York, PA
    Current Employee - District Leader in York, PA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Flexible schedule. You can be part time, full time and this can be your "job" or you can do it at your pace. Ability to be your own boss. You are in business for yourself but not by yourself. My mentor helps me as I go and we have weekly meetings to keep informed and up to date. Compensation is very good. No one controls my pay but me. No one controls my promotions but me. We offer many different services so we are not stuck to a certain demographic of people in age, wealth, and any other manner. Long term outlook is very positive. Office atmosphere is very positive and upbeat. My knowledge is growing daily.

Cons

Much different then a show up and work 9-5 job. Must be disciplined with time and effort. Building a business and clientele never stops. Sometimes my mentor is unavailable for help but that's because he has a business to run as well. Sometimes it feels as if I have to know so much but on the positive side I get help!

Advice to Management

I wish there was a person who was consistently available to answer questions and concerns. We can call the home office but we live in a world where instant gratification is almost required. Although most people understand if I need to get back to them on a question.. No one can know everything and wish I had a way to instantly get an answer.

5. "Great company but can be a tough business"

Current Contractor - District Leader in El Paso, TX
    Current Contractor - District Leader in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility of schedule, pay, ability to acquire more licenses almost free.

Love the company belief system and this company DOES actually look out for its customers. If it is not right for our customer, it is not right for Primerica. If you look at customer reviews (not people who tried the job and failed), you will see that Primerica's customers have reduced their debt, started a life policy at an affordable price, and are on their way to financial independence. However, this is only applies to those customers who stick with the program, which sadly, is not many. The reason is that when most minorities need money the first thing to go is usually their life insurance policy. I am a minority so yeah, I can say that. Most of the people you try to help are the people who need it the most, people that if someone dies, do not have the money to cover the funeral expenses of their loved one. Unfortunately, because the financial culture of the top minority groups does not include a financial plan or life insurance, most end up cancelling their policies which leads to a lot of chargebacks for you.

But I cannot tell you how many wonderful stories of people who lost a loved one, received more money than they ever would've before Primerica, that is because Primerica's policy are usually $150k and up, and they DO PAY! Also, I can tell you that when I would go on appointments and some of the people actually had Primerica, they all had a story of how this company helped them get out of debt! It was amazing to hear these stories and helped solidify to me how much this company does. So get passed the BS that you see on many websites, if you have enough leads and continue to grow them, it is the most rewarding business you will ever do, just don't run out of leads!!!

It is an awesome side business but don't quit your day until you have really grown your business to the point where you can no longer do both; any sooner and you will find yourself in financial trouble.
    and people actually follow the Primerica way, they

Cons

tough business, you can run out of leads, people will research and assume bad things. To continue to grow in this business you have to recruit people, that's where the real potential is, but YOU DO NOT HAVE TO, this is your business, run it how you want.

Advice to Management

My upper line was awesome so keep it up!

"District Sales Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very rewarding work experience that offers independence but provides abundant training and sales support. Earning potential

Cons

You are rewarded upon your efforts and sales, when you are lazy you will starve.

7. "Financial Services"

Former Freelancer - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Freelancer - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Primerica (Less than a year)

Pros

Allows you freedom of time and money

Cons

If you are afraid to talk to people this probably would not be the best option for you

Advice to Management

Take your agents concerns seriously.

"District Leader"

Current Freelancer - District Sales Leader
    Current Freelancer - District Sales Leader

I have been working at Primerica (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is very people and financially goal oriented

Cons

The position is commission based

"Build Your Own Business"

Current Employee - District Leader in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - District Leader in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Primerica part-time

Pros

Buy into a Franchise for $99.
    You control your income.
    Team & Family oriented business.
    Learn about the financial industry.

Cons

Very hard work because you have to directly deal with people & objections.
    Ultimately success & failure is your responsibility.
    Must invest a lot of time & effort initially.

Advice to Management

Requires a mindset change from being an employee to a business owner.

"District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - District Leader in Midland, TX

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Set your own schedule, they have a great mission statement, solid company.

Cons

They have a bad reputation in some areas, I don't believe it's earned, but it's there never the less.

Advice to Management

Fix online reputation, associate website needs work.