Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 24, 2017

1.0
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Freedom & Unlimited Income Potential (in 42 reviews)

• Part time or full time opportunity which gives incredible flexibility to work as much or as little as you choose (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Multi-level Marketing at it's absolute worst (in 18 reviews)

• The position is commission based (in 34 reviews)

"Almost joined"

Pros

Lots of potential
    Unlimited income potential

Cons

Not all offices have great management. My experience made me walk away

Advice to Management

The company seems great, the opportunity seems like theres real potential if you put in work. I was invited to one of their business meetings, friendly environment, friendly people I almost joined. However the only thing that stopped me was their RVP. He made me feel completely uncomfortable as a woman and kept starring. Not once have I been in a professional setting to be told how beautiful I am. Until then. This office on 105-24 cross bay blvd has loads of potential, if they get better leasership I believe. As a woman I just wanted to get out as fast as I can. Wrote a review before and somehow it was taken off. Such a shame really. Supposed to be a professional environment their management was anything but. Also inappropriate jokes

"Division leader"

Former Employee - Division Leader
    Former Employee - Division Leader

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay money to start the business, recruit your friends and family or sell to them, repeat.

Cons

Becoming a sheep and believing you can make all this income when you trade your life away.

"A MLM company"

I worked at Primerica part-time

Pros

You learn some basics in finance

Cons

It is true about MLM companies. They push you to recruit rather than on selling. It is clear: if your family or friend contacts you abt a "Business Opportunity" rather than " offer products", it is a Multi Level company. The problem is how to sell beyond your friends and family? Very difficult. Primerica has 120,000 sales people... Much more than any other Insurance company. It is a saturated MLM

Advice to Management

Launch a program about honesty. Tell people at front what the business is about rather than luring people with "Fake Job Interviews" or Financial Seminars

4. "Not Worth Your Summer"

Current Intern - Financial Advisor/Marketing Coordinator
    Current Intern - Financial Advisor/Marketing Coordinator

I have been working at Primerica as an intern

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Pleasant people to work with.

Cons

Commission based-pay. Pyramid, need to recruit others to start to be successful. Train you to be successful in Primerica, not in real world. Employees treat "Primerica" as if it's the best thing since sliced bread, gets old realyly fast.

5. "Primerica is a MLM where you sell and MUST recruit recruit"

Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Primerica as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Learn some basics of Finance and debt is good, but was mostly common sense

Cons

Primerica is a Multilevel Marketing Company. You sell insurance and STRONG focus on recruit, recruit, recruit. It woks similar to other MLM ( I was in Amway)

Advice to Management

Nothing they can do. That's how MLM's work

"Financial representatives"

Pros

Not much I guess it's your time

Cons

Managers take your money's

"Primerica's a great place, the atmosphere, the people, the motivational everything (speeches, books, conference calls)."

Former Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working on your own time, which can be useful to those who already have another job and this is their part time, or for people who have kids/a family. "Freelance". In other words, you don't necessarily answer to anyone.

Cons

They don't pay you for training. You must recruit your own workers. They pressure you on everything. A strict deadline to test, close deals, and find new people to hire on your team.

Advice to Management

Learn how to confront people in a respectful way. Also, be careful on who you hire, don't be desperate, who you hire reflects who you are as a company.

"Pyramid scheme....Stay away...."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met 2 or 3 nice, ethical people.

Cons

Even the long time employees told me to just show up at 8am, work until 5pm and collect my check. They said that pointing out problems only gets you fired. They were right.

Advice to Management

Listen to the personals you hire for their expertise, or save money and hire temps.

9. "Considering Joining"

Pros

They make the opportunity sound so amazing.

Cons

Their intentions are compared to those of Herbalife. When I really looked into it the intentions are of ill will. Just greed. The reps that were presenting to me in Indianapolis turned out to be some really shady people. They will make the whole opportunity seem like the best job in the world, but behind closed doors are just money hungry and are nasty people. I witnessss with my own eyes and ears the way they talk to people, especially if they question their intentions. Not a company I want to work for, let alone have someone put their life and money in their hands.

"They flood glassdoor with fake positive reviews"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Primerica (More than a year)

Pros

These people don't smell like the literal human garbage they are.

Cons

Multi-level Marketing at it's absolute worst. They flood glassdoor with fake positive reviews from their regional heads and up to drown out negative reviews from those they've scammed. It's 100% commission based, they make you give up your entire network of family and friends and force feed a bad product. Have witnessed them take money from the vulnerable and drop all communication. They claim this job is not for the lazy. In reality, the prey on the weak willed and bully people from their money. Their product sucks. Not all companies that have 100% commission sales positions are as deplorable as this evil company.

My advice: there are plenty of sales jobs that train you and give u some salary and benefits with an open commission structure. Don't waste your life here for these succubi.

Advice to Management

If someone is in a real sales job, don't lie about the opportunity to sway them into getting in your field.