Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 20, 2017

2.0
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Freedom & Unlimited Income Potential (in 46 reviews)

• Access to professional licensing otherwise unavailable to part time individuals (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • Multi-level Marketing at it's absolute worst (in 19 reviews)

• Commission-based only as a start (in 36 reviews)

"Pyramidica"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Northridge, CA

I worked at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive,Fun People
    Events that the people host to keep feeding you the Kool Aid are pretty clever

Cons

Pyramid Scheme
    Only way to make serious money is by recruiting someone into your "business" aka Pyramid. I'm serious. Selling policies make you less money than working at McDonalds, it even states on their website.

Advice to Management

You know? You won't be able to fool everyone with your pyramid scheme, if you are not careful.
    Next time someone gets recruited into your "business" don't show off your car.

2. "Financial Analyst-Regional Manager"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Primerica as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Nice pay if you work hard at earning.

Cons

Can experience droughts in client and financial setbacks.

3. "Commission based"

Former Freelancer - Regional Leader in Southfield, MI
    Former Freelancer - Regional Leader in Southfield, MI

I worked at Primerica (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 'company' you work for is your company. You are the boss so it helps you develop your strengths and build a team to work for you.

Cons

Money doesnt come easily. You get paid on products sold. Life/health insurance, funds, long term disability. You may work 80 hours a week to get a few sales.

"Admittedly clever strategies but ultimately brainwashing and refusal to accept this truth."

I worked at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-If you want to become A licensed broker in Stocks this is A good way to pass Section 6.

-Good way to meet people: There are lots of good people working with Primerica.

-Lots of chances to make money if you are motivated. Many people don't get their shot or lose their shot. For many people, Primerica is their shot.

Cons

-Primerica is not for thinking people.

Primerica is rife with people who are either desperate or just plain stupid.
    A lot of key phrases get used during the seminar: "We are building A business" , "People who don't come here don't mean anything to us, if they don't care about building A business-" "build A business."

Primerica allows you to believe you are building your own business , but honestly? You are A glorified agent.

"Primericans don't lie." Is what they will have you believe. In all honesty? They do lie to you, but depending on your intelligence and experience, you might not really mind the lies via omission of the truth.

-Their product is shite, if you NEED to be proud of what you are selling? Don't even bother.

-If you are actually going to give it a shot? Gauge your leaders personality and gauge it FAST. If your leader gets on your nerves or annoys you mid way? You aren't going to like the idea of doing 3 hour meetings in front of them.

Advice to Management

I don't really have advice to offer. Primerica knows what it wants and where it stands and that's fine. It's an inclusive place that houses the second most paid people in America.

"Great starting point"

I worked at Primerica full-time

Pros

Primerica was a great company to get my foot in the door with Insurance and financial services. They assist getting you licensed and educated to help families.

Cons

Primerica is too much of a multi-level marketing business. Recruiting people and trying sell to friends and family is bothersome. At times I felt like a used car salesman. One dimensional by only offering term life insurance for younger clients, and not caring about older potential clients who may need assistance as well.
    The platform they offered to clients was not suitable for everyone.

Advice to Management

Although my team was trying to be family like and I have long time friends from it, it was not conducive to build big teams. The mantra for Primerica is to be like a family and build a team, but not all teams are the same. I feel that was the situation I was in.

"Great for the self starter"

I worked at Primerica (More than a year)

Pros

Make as much as you put into it. Always meeting new people and building relationships. Genuinely helping people make positive changes in the lives. Support in your success, all the way to the top of your management chain. If you are a Christian, then my group would have been awesome for you.

Cons

Be prepared to pay out of pocket for the first several months without much in the way of return. There is no client list. Have to practice on your friends and family. No money at all until you make a sale. I am not religious, so paying before each meeting and contributing all my success to the Lord was not for me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Be supportive and invest in the success of your underlings. Tone down the God in your business maybe just a little.

7. "Regional Sales Representative"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Primerica as an intern

Pros

Good work setting and environment

Cons

commission only if clients' services are acquired

Advice to Management

pay base

"Pyramid"

Pros

If you're good at it you can make a lot of money with them if you can stay with it long enough.

Cons

You aren't really helping people because the real money is in recruiting. You'll be driving everywhere making cold calls, there's no guaranteed income, and no real business plan. The only reason I don't call it a pyramid scheme is because they're actually fairly open about that part

"You don't even own your book of business, and it is NOT a franchise only another MLM!"

Former Employee - Regional Leader in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Regional Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, practically no cost, fantastic financial education. The best part we the friendships, to bad most of them cut me off when I left. Cult...

Cons

Captive, meaning only 1 life carrier, themselves. Product provider should be separate from the sales force. No 1 company can be all things for all people. Company is pretty cultish, like many mlms. Compensation is terrible, especially in securities, possibly worst securities business model with locked commission's, no it reduced commission on trails, haircuts on VAs, limited in available carriers, the list goes on. On the surface it's a great company, but there are so many minor flaws in the rep side that could make it a disappointing experience

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people, even if the lies are small, like how your number came across my desk as someone that would be.... You know the drill. Also, focus more on securities, stop mass recruiting and take some of that pay that goes to the very top and bring it on down to the new huy. There's more, but I think I made my point 😊

"Primerica"

Current Employee - Investment Advisor Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Investment Advisor Representative in Tampa, FL

Pros

Emphasis on educating clients about finances

Cons

Emphasis on recruiting overshadows pros