Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Primerica Reviews

Updated February 16, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Glen Williams

Pros
  • Unlimited Income potential and the ability to open your own branch office eventualy (in 36 reviews)

• They care about the unlicensed part time team member to the full time million dollar earners without bias (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • The position is commission based (in 28 reviews)

• The bottom line is that Primerica is a MLM (multi-level-marketing) operation, hiding behind a vulgar farce of a financial company (in 12 reviews)

"As long as you know the right people you're good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Primerica (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is decent, depending on what department your in. The benefits are great and are very reasonably priced. You have a variety of areas to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Everyone's related to someone, or close friends, if you upset the wrong person it will follow you everywhere. Once you have been deemed 'blacklisted' you should go ahead and start looking for another job because they will get rid of you one way or another.

Advice to Management

Treat all of your employees fair, no keeping favorites; if you have 'slackers' in your area get rid of them and move on. Don't hinder the whole department just because you like someone.

2. "Financial Services"

Former Freelancer - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Freelancer - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Primerica (Less than a year)

Pros

Allows you freedom of time and money

Cons

If you are afraid to talk to people this probably would not be the best option for you

Advice to Management

Take your agents concerns seriously.

"Warm market prospecting"

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone wants you to succeed and and become a vice president. You get the opportunity to work on yourself and skills with the help from ur up-lines. Great earning potential, no boss, and a good overrides system.

Cons

Some reps aren't trained well on how to properly explain what a new recruit gets into. After ones market is drained of qualified prospects, they are left with cold prospecting which i've been told to go talk to strangers on the street. And most reps aren't willing to do that-so am i. The average person in my baseshop averages 1 recruit, 1 sale in 2 months. I personally don't know how they finance an office space for so long.

Advice to Management

Explain properly and clearly to new recruits what they are doing. Lead by example by doing what you ask your people to do. Stop selling hype and implement practical step by step solutions on how to generate more qualified leads. And provide actual training and not just expecting recruits to learn everything by watching you over the kitchen table.

"not all bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Cool if you want to work at your own pace.

Cons

no base pay and requires recruiting to make real money.

6. "Business Analyst 2"

Former Employee - Project Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Project Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Primerica (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for, a nice family environment.

Cons

Little or less initial training.

Advice to Management

Put more effort and attention to initial training.

"Agent"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comisión based and flexible availability

Cons

Can't make money until life insurance license is obtained and even when obtained one doesn't receive decent pay so a part time job is still recommended.

8. "Great place to learn"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Duluth, GA

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn. Opportunity to establish improved procedures. Most employees willing to help, teach you the process. Plenty of opportunity to assist within cross departments or atleast communicate with them. Awesome benefits

Cons

Cliques were obvious and these conversations negatively impacted anyone not in the clique.

Advice to Management

Personal assistants are for personal errands. Company employees should be permitted to perform their company duties.

"District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - District Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited Income! Starting your own business. Setting your own schedule. Educating clients. People need what we sell, so the demand is high for people that can afford it! And if you can't afford it we'll put a plan together to save you money. Financial Needs Analysis

Cons

Finding leads after you've finished helping your family as your first clients. Driving far too appointments with people that don't purchase. That's it, if I had WARM leads I'd be making at least $250K a year. If you don't have a large warm market that is 1) homeowner 2) married 3) has a decent income or 4) have a kid then you will not succeed. I wish I was trained more before I started recruiting people because after I got excited about the business and bought people on, they came to me for questions and I didn't have the answers.

Advice to Management

More training for people that don't have a warm market.

"Investment Adviser Representative"

Pros

Flexibility. No limit on compensation. Company can pay for some training.

Cons

Strongly depends on the office that you are in. Some offices just focus on life insurance and that's it. I was at an office where people had a good relationship with each other and were willing to help each other out. It also emphasized getting securities licenses as well as life insurance. Unless you are prepared to reach out to your family, friends and entire network to do business, this may not be the place for you. Also, they emphasize recruiting so that you build a team. It's not for everyone - I think it takes a certain type of personality to succeed given this kind of dynamic. No salary - this is strictly 1099 because it is commission only. That can be a plus for some or a minus for others....

11. "Representative"

Current Freelancer - Financial Service Representative in New Orleans, LA
    Current Freelancer - Financial Service Representative in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Primerica (Less than a year)

Pros

Primerica is great for people who are very out going and are good at making selling point. And for people who know a lot of people. Your client base starts with the people you know so knowing people is a big plus.

Cons

If your aren't someone who knows a lot of people or if you aren't into creating relationships with new people you may come across you will have a difficult time building your business.