Primerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Glen Williams

Pros
  • Freedom & Unlimited Income Potential (in 37 reviews)

• can also start part time with no risk (in 42 reviews)

Cons

1. "I finally found my career."

Current Employee - Divisional Leader in Dawsonville, GA
    Current Employee - Divisional Leader in Dawsonville, GA

Pros

Ability to grow with company based on my performance. Well pleased with companies mission statement with helping families.

Cons

Have to pay for my own medical coverage, but do have great choices of health companies.

Advice to Management

Try meeting with new agents, and listen to new ideas.

2. "Getting paid for educating people. It costs them nothing, I get paid well."

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Bossier City, LA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Bossier City, LA

Pros

I get paid what I am worth. I get paid an obscene amount of money. We only do what is right for the families. I don't sell, I educate and take orders from people who want to be debt free and financially independent.

Cons

It is hard work. If you don't work, you don't eat. You have to overcome your fears.

Advice to Management

Allow representatives to get a split fee for referrals to representatives in other states, or areas.

"Primerica is an Overriding Company."

Current Employee - Independent Senior Representative in Oxford, MA
    Current Employee - Independent Senior Representative in Oxford, MA

Pros

Subsidized licensing (life and securities), control your own advancement (promotion) based of personal production and team building (recruitment), office politics gets you no where, very supportive environment (always fired up-even when you don't "feel it"), technology, Turbo Apps (use my mobile smartphone Win 6.1) and produce instant quotes, complete life applications, mortgages, soon investments from palm of my hand, submit wireless, compliance proof (get paid quickly), no limit to territory to work, no layoffs, sold financially, ZERO debt, possible separation from citi (less negative press), overriding compensation from direct recruits in your organization (downline), the open recognition of good work and achievement over life obstacles, online support for all sales tools, marketing, office management, and licensing at the stroke of a key.

Cons

The negatives of being "lumped" in with every negative direct marketing, network marketing, or mlm organization (its a positive too as it leverages your efforts with rewards of overrides). Primerica has always been considered the step brother to the other financial companies listed here at this site.

Advice to Management

Learn how to integrate web 2.0 medium and lessen the focus on attending meetings as the only way to solidify bonds and share key information to the masses.

"Great Place To Work. Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Mason, OH

Pros

Willing to give almost anyone who wants to work an opportunity. Teaches people how their finances work. Offers products that are better than the competition. Technical support is outstanding. Start by working out of your warm market. no cold calling.....EVER! Pay for performance, not by position. Own your own business, not just your book. Publicly traded on the NYSE. symbol = PRI

Cons

Starting pay is low, but as production increases, pay and pay rates increase. Very easy to start, fairly hard to succeed, but by following the formulas for success, everybody can succeed.

Advice to Management

All new recruits are told that they can make 1000 to 2000 per month working part time, but this isn't going to happen for the first few months. Need to let people know that they must be licensed first in order to get paid. (not Primerica's policy, regulated by the government.)

6. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great people, positive environment, unlimited opportunities

Cons

No base salary when beginning

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "My Run To RVP"

Current Employee - Distict Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Distict Leader in Houston, TX

Pros

Making my run to RVP and all I can say is the compensation is real the trips are real and it is up to you to go get it. My business started with an IBA and has not stopped my wife and I are going to San Diego and can't wait for Puerto Rico in FEB 2011

Cons

The only issue that anyone can have is there own limitations. When the limit themselvse they say that "it" doesn't work and go back to a J.O.B.

Advice to Management

Can't wait to see the new things to come

"Primerica"

Current Employee - Division Leader in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Division Leader in San Diego, CA

Pros

If your a hard worker, Self motivated , and Love changing people lives for A living this is a great job.

Cons

Things don't alway start off like you want them to. You have to be good with rejection.

Advice to Management

Stop Using corny Sales sayings , And don't expect everyone to be at all the meeting all the time. This is a part time thing when you start .

9. "This is a Great Company"

Current Employee - Jose Romero in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Jose Romero in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

This company offers an unbelievable training program, focus on improving performance.

Cons

Management should be a bit more structure

Advice to Management

Invest more time getting to know the people you work with, since this is a very personal business.

10. "Results Based Compensation, Challenging, Empowering, Unlimited Growth Potential."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

This is self employment in financial sales management. The income is awesome, but it is results based (commission only w/ management override potential). Residual income a major plus also. This is a perfect career for someone searching for an entrepreneurial avenue to pursue. No intial experience necessary. Uplifting atmosphere.

Cons

Sales management can be very challenging and frustrating at times. Dealing with unreliable clients and subordinates.

Advice to Management

Change nothing. Company is built for the ambitious and those that are not afraid at being paid for the value and results that they bring to the company.

11. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Flexibility, own hours, great people

Cons

Commission. High health benefits rate. Find your own leads.