Cover image for Primerica

75% Recommend to a Friend
86% Approve of CEO

Found 1,529 of over 2K reviews

4.0
Primerica Chief Executive Officer Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Primerica is great for people who are very out going and are good at making selling point.(in 87 reviews)
  • "Training is great!(in 77 reviews)
  • "Good money when you close with good premium and a good market to continue business(in 48 reviews)
  • "Money and flexible hours help(in 34 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and can work from home.(in 30 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Primerica and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

It’s a good place to work

Nov 30, 2022 - District Leader in Bossier City, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own hours and commission

Cons

You need to build your market

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Learn and earn at your pace

Nov 14, 2022 - Regional Leader in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited Income potential. Choose your hours Learn about money Meet wholesalers from big investment companies Quota to get a promotion and higher percentage of sales, but no weekly, monthly mandatory quotas. Lots of leadership, motivation, but you have to work. Company pays for vacations for you and spouse. For winning incentive contests. They also get nice and lavish resorts, not a motel 6. Pay for flight and fine dining. And Meet top leaders who teach their systems and success stories.

Cons

Not much with company, but regulations with FINRA and your states Division of Insurance. (You need to get a license and maintain it and fees can be costly)

3. Join the Primerica team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place to Work

Nov 28, 2022 - Off Shift Production Manager in Rockmart, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Management Team that works together to "get the job done" Good implementation of lean manufacturing system

Cons

For me it was a 65 mile commute to get to work which is 1.5 hours each way just to get to work. That made it impossible for me to drop in during a crisis.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company- work with entry level

Nov 24, 2022 - Online Data Entry
    Business Outlook

Pros

- competitive salaries - flexible hours - nice working environment - opportunities for a variety of interests - many remote positions

Cons

- few locations to work at in person - highly bureaucratic, which can be good but there’s often a lot of hoops and processing time

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

The Best Place to Work and Learn the Financial Industry

Nov 16, 2022 - Regional Leader in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have learned so much working here. It is not a pyramid scheme. People that write that have no idea how this company works. This is a way to learn the financial industry from the inside.

Cons

No cons whatsoever for the last 22 years

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pyramid Scheme - Avoid

Aug 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Access to free financial tools

Cons

I was sold on the concept of learning all the skills I'd need to switch careers and venture into finance, all while working part-time and maintaining my current job. The "interview" was focused on how to help others in my community set themselves up for financial success. It seemed like a good company who cared about others. No mention at all about recruiting. After the first "interview" I was told to pay the $124 training, licensing and access fee. First red flag. Despite the pushiness, cult-like feel, and overall gut feeling telling me not to proceed, I decided to give the training a chance. The online platform had 4-5 videos for me to watch before having another (daily) meeting with my team lead. After 4 hours of videos, all I learned about was how to recruit others to work for Primerica. The speakers told emotional stories about their struggles and successes, they cried, they screamed, it was a PRODUCTION. Very performative and manipulative. I learned nothing about the business itself, the products they sell, insurance, or financial advising. After they hook you, it's all about how to hook the next guy. And they get creepily pushy about it. I voiced concerns about how it felt like a pyramid scheme, and they actually read me the definition of a pyramid scheme in an attempt to convince me otherwise... they were ready for the question because they must get it all the time. AVOID.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Strong Performer

Nov 22, 2022 - Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Billion Dollar Company, Smaller, Family Like Setting

Cons

Salary. More Agent performance driven.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Nov 10, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Communication Development, Leadership Development, Self Growth, Attain multiple licenses. No cap on Income Potential. Ability to build a business within a business. Stock options, Bonuses and ability to sell your business

Cons

Commission Based Only and No Health benefits

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Weird gig

Nov 28, 2022 - Financial Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pick you own hours. Not many pros.

Cons

All insurance sales. Not much room to grow or learn.

11. 5.0

Positives

Nov 8, 2022 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really nice work experience, have a strong structure in the company with wonderful working experience.

Cons

Hard to establish the relationships with the coworkers since its competitive.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,529 Reviews
</>Embed

Primerica Reviews FAQs

Primerica has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,873 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Primerica to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Primerica employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Primerica. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

75% of Primerica employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Primerica 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Primerica to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Primerica Job Seekers