KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Primerica

Engaged Employer

Primerica

Add a Review

Primerica Employee Reviews about "commission based"

Updated Aug 26, 2021

Found 83 of over 1,830 reviews

4.0
Primerica Chief Executive Officer Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Primerica is great for people who are very out going and are good at making selling point.(in 85 reviews)
  • "Training is great!(in 69 reviews)
  • "Good money when you close with good premium and a good market to continue business(in 50 reviews)
  • "Money and flexible hours help(in 34 reviews)
  • "Very lucrative and flexible schedules.(in 33 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Primerica and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "commission based"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Primerica Review

Aug 26, 2021 - Financial Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very lucrative and flexible schedules.

Cons

The pay is commission based and inconsistent.

2. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Amazing experience to develop an entrepreneur mind and develop communication and financial skills.

Sep 8, 2012 - District Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learned about Finance, introduced to many successful entrepreneurs, motivational and inspirational, developed networking skills and management skills.

Cons

Independent and based on commission.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Services but hard to earn a living

Sep 15, 2014 - Independent Financial Services Advisor in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot about budgeting, getting yourself out of debt, life insurance, and investing. Overall, I am very happy that I found this company because it helped me and my family realize that we need to plan for the future and it taught us how to meet our financial goals. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs help with their financial situation and/or goals.

Cons

It is very hard to make a living since the pay is only commission based. I did not make a lot of money at all. To me, with the amount of work put in the pay (or lack there of) is just not worth it. I would not recommend this job/company to anyone who is trying to earn a living.

7 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Great company with great mentorship

Nov 27, 2020 - Life Insurance Agent in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Choose your own hours, compensation through tiers

Cons

Small con would be 100% commission based

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Financial Representative

Oct 6, 2012 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly working environment. Encouraging and inspiring.

Cons

Commission based; bonuses are available

6. 3.0
    Current Intern

Primerica review

Oct 23, 2020 - Finance Student in Estero, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Primerica is a Solid company

Cons

The pay is Commission based

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

FSR

Apr 16, 2019 - Financial Services Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The appearance of "team" work The appearance of "training" The appearance of "rewards" They pay for your life license and classes . I enjoyed the classes. Events are hyped, fun, nice food, people are nice Been around for a long time You have the opportunity to get your investment license to market investments. Get it to be able to make more money or else you are stuck. There are other opportunities to market debt management, care insurance etc but you can get better elsewhere and I know this from experience

Cons

I was introduced to Primerica through a friend. I trusted that what he told me was the truth, but this opportunity turned out to be anything but. I was unemployed at the time and was sold on the dream he discussed with me. Working for myself, having a team, making money and signing on other people who you'd help training and you make money when they make a sale. The bulk of your earning is based on you signing on other people and having them make sales so you get a commission. This is what they DO NOT tell you. It isn't so much about selling Term Life insurance. In fact, many of the District Leaders know little about what they are selling. I know because I asked one of them for feedback to give a client who asked a question. Turns out what they told me was wrong and I had to contact the main office for clarification and what they told me what something completely different. That made me (albeit I was experienced) look totally unprofessional and stupid. They tell you only lazy people and people who don't put there all into it fail, but the truth is that is not the truth, I paid $99 plus a fee to use their online system. After being with Primerica for 2 years I left. My friendship changed and my upline was nonexistent and the so-called teamwork was barely there outside of meetings where they brainwash you into paying to go to events and selling to friends and family. They love self-starters because they know they don't need to support you. They also don't tell you when you just sign on that whatever leads you get and any sales made during the 'training period' will not go to you if you aren't licensed, but to the person who signed up if they are licensed. My friend made sales off of my leads and I didn't get one cent. When I wasn't reaching anywhere because most of my friends and family hate salespeople and especially anyone selling them life insurance, my team did nothing to help me. My'friend' just kept telling me to hang in there, keep pressing forward, don't worry, but offering no real advice on how to actually make a sale, My team didn't care about me because they never called to check on me once. I had a list of leads and I set up appointments for my friend to speak with them to help me get a foot him and what did he do...he didn't call them. I had to apologize to several people who refused to do business with me because they waited to speak with him over the phone and he did not call. I am glad I left and the customer service at Primerica is horrible as well, They sell you a dream, but times have changed and that dream is not attainable. So many people are getting out. Do your research and do not let anyone force you to do anything before doing your research. If you don't have a lot of leads and arent signing on people, nobody and I mean nobody pays any attention to you. It is all about money to your upline.

Continue reading
    16 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Friendly, nice people with flexible hours.

Feb 11, 2021 - Insurance Agent in North Richland Hills, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make your own schedule and work as little or as much as you need.

Cons

It’s commission based only so it’s hard to know exactly what you will make and when.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company

Dec 12, 2020 - Client Service Representative in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Educating Client is the best thing helping them managed there own finances and educating them what’s best Insurance that they need. Positive environment to learn Financial Education and Leadership.

Cons

Salary based on Commission if you don’t put into to work then you have no money.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Freelancer

review

Apr 28, 2021 - Finance Representative in Gaithersburg, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

pay for licensing for you

Cons

commission based pay and calling

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews