KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Primerica

Is this your company?

Primerica

Add a Review

Primerica Employee Reviews about "licenses"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 131 of over 1,557 reviews

4.1
Primerica Chief Executive Officer Glen Williams (no image)
Glen Williams
Pros
  • "Access to study material for all licenses online(in 131 reviews)

• "You can work part-time and transition to full-time(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "May possibly be a pyramid scheme(in 59 reviews)

• "Small con would be 100% commission based(in 58 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Primerica and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "licenses"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing experience

Nov 16, 2020 - Primerica Representative in Middlesex, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

All License are waived and Friendly environment

Cons

Not for the weak-minded people

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Your work ethic and attitude will MAKE you or BREAK you!

Sep 27, 2020 - District Leader in Lafayette, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

When you have GOOD leadership this is the best opportunity in the world. Access to study material for all licenses online! (Life License, SIE, Series 6/63, etc) I’m manager at a Billion Dollar Company making over “$60,000” in salary, and recently I’ve made MORE biweekly with Primerica PART-TIME. The results you get as an agent are a direct reflection of YOUR work ethic, mind set, maturity, Coach ability, and attitude! If this business doesn’t work for you it’s because you refused to tap out of the “Corporate America mentality “ where you get paid to BE there but not to DO productive work. People say this business is a “Pyramid Scheme” in my opinion 9-5 jobs ARE PYRAMID SCHEMES! At a 9-5 the manager will never make more than the owner, and you’re pod by your position, not your work ethic. Primerica at LEAST gives you a shot to learn the business and eventually work your way up to ownership (Regional Vice President)

Cons

I emphasized GOOD leadership. Be mindful of the agents with piss-poor leadership skills or who lack ethics. I’ve ran across tons of people in this business who recruit to make money off of you and dump you, instead of with the intent to train and develop you. The few bad apples are why there are so many bad reviews, and high turnover out there. Trainings are ALWAYS at a bad time. This business is geared towards part-time people transitioning into full-time. They have trainings in the middle of the day when most people are at work. Accepting agents with ill intentions for clients and other agents makes a GOOD agents job harder.

9 people found this review helpful
    3. What people are saying about Primerica

Join the conversation on

Advertising

10m

a

Media Associate

I had a second round interview for an entry-level Investment Analyst position with OMG exactly 2 weeks ago. Today I got a call from a woman with Primerica (financial services) saying she was given my info & that they were interested in me. We had a mini chat & we set up a longer one for tomorrow. Do you think OMG gave my info out instead of a direct no? Is it a good sign she reached out to me so fast? Is she a headhunter or just a recruiter? Sorry for the all the Qs, I'm just excited lmao

12 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An unparalleled business opportunity for massive GROWTH in your income and your life

May 28, 2020 - Regional Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Set your own schedule. Get paid what you're worth - your pay is in direct correlation to your effort, not up to somebody else. Unlimited growth potential. You can build as big as you want. Passive income opportunity through overrides and residuals. Opportunity to legally own what you create, sell it, or pass the passive, business-producing income down to your family for generations forever. Unlike a typical "job" where all you have when you're done is what you saved up. You can build a pipeline instead of carrying buckets forever. Instead of a 401k with "company matches" we get straight up stock bonuses that are vested immediately, and we are not required to invest our own money into the stock to get the bonuses. Every time I promote someone, I get a bonus, which gives me incentive to help my people get promoted and earn more money. For new people, your RVP WANTS to promote you asap. When you become an RVP you get a big stock bonus as well and can then qualify for stock bonuses for promoting your people. No boss. Making so many new friends of like-minded, positive, motivated people. Trainees can begin making money immediately through simply observing their trainer in the field. Work from home/online if you wish. Pandemic-Proof. Professional state and federal government financial licenses at an unbelievable rate. The most positive work environment I've ever experienced. Broke me free from my full time job where I was not getting paid what I felt I was worth and did not have the freedom I enjoy today. Saved my friends and family, the people I care about the most, a ton of money and protected them from financial hardship. Direct training from multi-millionaire mentors. World-Class financial education for reps and clients Ability to do what's RIGHT for families 100% of the time - I cannot even begin to tell you the countless personal client examples where we took a situation where they were getting totally messed over by other financial institutions and we were able to save them hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of their lifetime. You learn about the downfalls of cash-value insurance, exactly how it works, and the greed of that industry, you also realize we are one of the only companies out there that is actually doing the right thing 100% of the time when it comes to helping people pass on more money to their families if they die and keep more of their money if they live past their term than if they had a cash value product. An overwhelming sense of making a positive impact on the world after we help families in big ways solve their financial challenges and save them from predatory products. Developing life long relationships with clients. Freedom. Access to the absolute best World-Class financial products and software, like Morningstar. I can dramatically improve a client's financial situation nearly 100% of the time. Business support from Home Office. Low-cost State and Federal financial licenses. Free, World-Class financial planning for main street American families - no client too big or small for us to help. Ability to help others earn more income or create a career change. Corporate leadership who are always working to improve our platform for our field force. It just keeps getting better every day. Not just "selling"... I get to help families save money in different areas, and then can help guide them on how to reallocate it wisely to protect their family properly and grow the rest. Great long term vehicle for growing your income. Most business owners aren't profitable for several YEARS after building their businesses, but here you can turn a profit here on your first client. You have a financial interest in helping your new trainees succeed. The system is designed beautifully to push people up, unlike a corporate pyramid where you're stuck and its ultimately up to someone else how much you work, how much you are worth/make, whether you will move up, etc. Here promotions are automatic. When you hit your numbers, you get your promotion and move up. I hit my numbers based on my own very hard work and determination and mentorship from my leaders, and earned my promotion as soon as I hit the numbers. Simple as that. You are in 100% control of that here. Commissions are HUGE, especially when you earn your RVP contract. Nobody holds you back here. Everyone wants each other to be successful!

Cons

Virtually none on the company itself. Primerica itself is a truly amazing company. But there are "cons" to the work that people need to be strong enough mentally to go through in order to be successful. Most involve dealing with people who are unmotivated, inconsistent, don't know how to do proper research, have fear of other people's opinions, etc. I will be very honest. So if you want to read a review from someone who has actually been successful, here it is! They are as follows: Negative reviews from people who quit early in the game because they are too afraid to market their business or just jumped on the negativity bandwagon without knowing how to do real research or just commit and give it a real go. Most people take advice on success from people who are not successful. Observe this forum. Most people have no clue what they're talking about. People can often be negative when something is new or different. "Sounds too good to be true" doesn't mean it ISN'T true. Wealthy and Free people DO exist. Most of those own/built businesses or real estate portfolios. But most people do not have that mindset. They have been conditioned since birth to become an employee and work hard at a job for 40 years so they can retire on less than 50% of their salary. People think that you have to GET recruited to have a good life. Yet the wealthiest people do the opposite. People have a hard time getting past that. People often have a sense of entitlement instead of a mindset of crafting the life they want and building it for themselves. It is so prevalent in today's day and age. Finding motivated, good-hearted people that get started, but then get easily talked out of a great opportunity by employee-minded friends, family, and reviewers. They don't understand the cash flow quadrant, and even if they do, sometimes that pull back to their comfort zone and the land of the familiar is too strong. It is really sad and sometimes frustrating to see people with so much potential give up on themselves and the future they could have. I think our representatives need to be more selective when recruiting new blood into the business. People who are not business-minded just end up quitting and writing negative reviews which does nobody any good, and portrays a negative, misinformed, and misrepresented view of our company. Facts we are required to disclose, such as that the "average" rep in the company makes just over 6k per year. That fact is technically true, but is taken wildly out of context and completely misses the big picture: It does not factor in the people actually working 40+ hours per week in the business vs those who do nothing lol. The real FACT is that nobody makes you work here. It's like a gym. Just because you have a gym membership doesn't mean you're going to get ripped and beautiful. Just because you have POL doesn't mean you're going to get rich. The fact is, most people with a gym membership don't fully commit. Is that the gym's fault? no. The same is true with Primerica. We give people all the tools, but if they are too scared or too lazy to do the work and don't do it, it's absolutely never going to happen. When people don't have a boss, most people just don't have the self discipline to be their own boss and actually hold themselves accountable. Even I struggled with that at first. I had to learn how to do that and be consistent. I have a team of dozens of licensed representatives that I oversee, but the vast majority of them do not work, let alone work consistently. Only 3 or 4 of them actually work consistently. So when we are forced to disclose statistics like that, it portrays us in a negative light with a completely irrelevant fact. That's not the company's rule either (I believe it's the FTC's requirement). People criticize the company saying it is a get rich quick scheme. You tell them it's not, that it's a lot of hard work consistently and learning that needs to take place first. Then they join. Then after a week they aren't making six figures yet so they quit... so... they secretly DID wish it was get rich quick lol. Then you get all these people who were "in" the business for 1 to 2 weeks, didn't do anything, quit, then go online and bash it, which means we end up with the vast majority of reviews online from people who never even gave it a real shot, saw something or listened to their broke divorced Aunt Mary who told them it was a scam. (Imagine if Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates or really anybody who has built a successful large or small business quit only a week or two into it, or when they faced their first bit of criticism or hurdle or even 6 months into it when things got tough lol. You'd call them crazy!) But THOSE quitters are the reviews new people have to look at: no real merit or truth, just throwing literally crazy words like pyramid scheme and scam around for a highly rated, highly successful, highly government regulated, New York Stock Exchange fortune 1000 company. And it scares people out of a good opportunity. What a shame. Better be tough enough to handle that if you want to win in business. Will you listen to quitters who failed? Or will you listen to Winners who have what you're looking for in life? Gotta go through a lot of "duds" to find the studs, but the ones who are motivated enough to actually do the work consistently and are coachable win. Most just are not, and you need to be okay with people disappointing you a lot. Hate to break it to ya, but you have got to be willing to get out of your comfort zone. Get comfortable being uncomfortable and making sacrifices in your life to get the reward. You will have to make sacrifices no matter which way you choose. You will be pushed to your limits and you need to learn to break through them. But once you do you will have things and live a life you weren't able to before... and it is absolutely worth it.

37 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not Exactly What You Think

Dec 20, 2020 - Division Leader in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can get a state license and it is paid for by the company (if you go to the class and pass the practice tests). You can get you Securities licenses and they are also paid for by the company as long as you use the study materials and pass the practice exams. Your income potential is unlimited. You are able to pass up your upline and no one can halt your progress. The company is publicly traded on the NYSE and accredited with the BBB.

Cons

It's not easy for introverts or people without a solid warm market. You can end up in a poor office environment with poor leadership which can mess with the morale and your personal view of the company. You actually have to talk to people (mostly the ones you know). It is all commissions so your own work ethic is everything. You have to truly believe in yourself and you need to have good rapport with your family and friends. If not go fix that before joining.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Your results are a direct relationship to your effort (work smart not hard)

Sep 16, 2020 - Division Leader in Doral, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can work part-time and transition to full-time. They paid for $5,000 worth of licenses (214, SIE, S6, S63, S65, S26) for a $99 registration fee plus a $25 monthly subscription which includes a fully fleshed CRM and quoting tools for both Insurance and Investments. It seems too good to be true and that can be a problem if the new agent doesn't appreciate what they are getting and they don't take advantage of it.

Cons

You need to let go of the corporate mentality and treat this as your own business or it won't work. You gotta be willing to let go of the notion you get paid just to do tasks, this is a people's business. You need to learn how to lead people, not by fear or pressure but by example and persuation. You need to keep laser focus and constantly remind the new agents their goal is to get field train and licensed within a month or they don't make money, get discouraged and leave. Whoever complains in here is because they didn't adapt or were not willing to do the work it takes to learn the craft and get results. This is a commission based work that requires you learn how to sell, and then teach others how to sell so you can earn overrides on top of the commisions for your own sales. But if you build a team of enough trained produces you can make a decent living with $50K to $200K a year depending on the size of your team and your book of business.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Decent

Jan 20, 2021 - Life Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management Flexible hours Be your own boss Good training resources Helps you get licensed if you are not currently

Cons

Focuses mainly on recruitment Cold leads they do not provide you with any leads Pay is low, commission is probably the lowest in the Life Insurance market They push you to recruit your friends or family which is not the best especially if they are not interested then you are on your own trying to look for more leads

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Opinion from a Skeptic

Sep 13, 2020 - Regional Leader in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helping others, training tools, earning opportunity, no earning caps, licensing sponsorships, ownership, no micromanagement. If you are a self starter that is entrepreneurial and doesn't want to have to worry about high overhead or start up costs, this might be a good opportunity to explore. I had some exposure to financial services in a previous work role for several years and came to the realization that the commercials other firms put out were not truly how their sales representatives were being trained and compensation for the company and advisors was taking a front seat to taking care of clients. The mission of Primerica attracted me to contracting with them to support my practice. I have been working approximately 2 years full time in this business and it was attractive to be able to work part time to learn the skills and earn the licenses that I needed to serve my clients properly. I would recommend this to people interested in helping others, money and finance that are not in a position to leave a full time job to start a new career right away and want to avoid being forced to sell products to meet sales quotas.

Cons

May not make a lot in first year, learning curve, must be willing to be creative and learn new skills. After being in the business for several years the consistent complaint that I hear revolves around the group or person that was training a new rep. Make sure your beliefs and expectations are clear and in alignment with the group you decide to work with. If they are, you will likely have a great experience and even a great career and own something that you and your family can be proud of. If they are not, you will not have the same experience. That being said, one group should not be a general characterization of the company or all their representatives as a whole. Come into the opportunity with an open mind and the questions that you need answered to make sure that it is the right fit!

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 5.0

BEST COMPANY EVER!!

Jun 7, 2020 - District Leader in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything, The people, The energy, The money, The licenses, The building your business and being able to hire people. Love being able to be a independent contractor. You work when you feel like working. You get what you put out. You can work by yourself and not recruit if you choose or you can decide to build your business with a team and eventually have residual income.

Cons

A lot of people come in thinking they want to be an entrepreneur but they get in and don't want to do any work. They complain about duplicating themselves and giving opportunities to other people so they can make bread. They have a employee mentality and when they aren't successful they try to sabotage the reputation of a great company that has blessed many families and it's no way to stop those negative comments.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Tremendous Company, Great People, You Have to be the Right Person

Nov 24, 2019 - Division Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Offers excellent part-time / full-time income opportunities while having an ethical approach - NOT a pyramid-scheme (I have a MBA from an accredited university), everyone that calls this a "pyramid-scheme" instantly shows me they have no idea what they are talking about - Pays for all the licensing required to be a fully-licensed agent - Become a legitimate financial educator/advisor - YOU CAN SUCCEED WITHOUT RECRUITING - Allows you to be flexible and conduct your business how you please (within the parameters of the Primerica business model) - Get a great financial education - Help others obtain financial success/freedom

Cons

- Must be willing to "Run & Gun" in terms of driving your own production - Must be internally driven by the ability to help others rather than self success - The company has "loose" hiring standards (obviously not financial felons or such) so you may deal with agents that are behind the curve until they are properly trained - Not the easiest profession to succeed in (financial advising). - Since the company is willing to initially hire employees that may seem to have an inability to understand how to be a good financial advisor, some clients (or even other agents) may experience agents acting unethically and only push recruiting rather than the great services Primerica offers.

12 people found this review helpful
    11. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hard work will pay off more else where

Aug 24, 2020 - Insurance Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

-it is not a scam to work there, however, the quality of your experience depends on people who you are with When I was 'recruited' I was young and naive. I wanted to work in finance, and the company pays for you to get your securities license. The guy I worked for told me there was an order for you to get licensed. First its life insurance, and then securities (I dont know if that was actually true) I paid my $100 for a background check, and I was tricked by him to pay around 25 bucks a month for the email/client booking service only to find out that there was a "free version" with less features, but I would have prefered that(not all representatives are like this - again, it depends on how honest the people you are with)

Cons

The same amount of work you have to put in to find life insurance leads yourself (which is technically what primerica is) is the same kind of work you would embark as an account executive working for a big company, except Primerica does not pay as much.

6 people found this review helpful