Primrose Schools Early Preschool Teacher Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 8 reviews

3.2
Primrose Schools CEO Jo Kirchner
Jo Kirchner
  1. "Early Preschool Teacher"

Former Employee - Early Preschool Teacher in Powell, OH

I worked at Primrose Schools full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling around school, structured curriculum, good location, plenty of resources, helpful co-teachers, and great communication with parents using the tadpoles app.

Cons

High rate of teacher turnover. Lack of holiday time off. During the time employed at our specific location, we had management change and it was difficult not only for staff, but the families as well.

Advice to Management

N/A

Primrose Schools2017-01-02

"In it for the kiddos"

Former Employee - Early Preschool Teacher in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Primrose Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful facilities, meals provided for teachers and kids, awesome learning environment that really marries learning and playing together.

Cons

Management is terrible at communication, answering codes, and preparing teachers when new segments of curriculum are introduced.

Advice to Management

Stand up for yourself and your teachers. Support your teachers in parent interactions and make bad teachers accountable for their actions.

Primrose Schools2017-11-29
  3. "Primrose Schools Review"

Current Employee - Lead Early Preschool Teacher in Centerville, OH

I have been working at Primrose Schools for more than 2 years

Pros

I have worked in two different Primrose Schools. While they both differed greatly in some areas, the curriculum and basic rules in every Primrose School is the same. Primrose prides itself on being a leader in childcare and early childhood development. They have excellent curriculum and genuinely care about each child in their school. Primrose Schools are also unique in that they are more of a private preschool setting...

Cons

In my personal experience at Primrose Schools there is either little emphasis on rules which makes it easier for the teacher to develop their classroom in the way they think would be best, or an excessive amount of rules that makes the teacher feel smothered and out of control. On the other hand, the schools I have seen that are more lax have very little organization whereas the schools that are very rule oriented are...

Advice to Management

Make sure you are providing support to your teachers all the time. Make an effort to be friendly with them and take an interest in their personal lives. Allow teachers to have a say in what they choose to do within their own classrooms, and allow them to communicate with parents through email, phone calls, etc. to ensure the happiness and security of the children, parents, and teachers.

Primrose Schools2015-10-27
  4. "Lead Early Preschool Teacher"

Current Employee - Early Preschool Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at Primrose Schools for more than 2 years

Pros

The children you teach and the families you get to know, the curriculum is planned out for you and Love that they pay for your training.

Cons

Unorganized Management: When you request off they don't have any idea the you are off unless you remind them although they made copies of your request time off. Rude Management: When you call out because of being sick they get upset. All about the money and not the students. The don't take the teachers advice on when a child should move up to the next class although you are with the children at least 6 to 8 hours a day....

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to ensure that teacher have time to prep. Higher pay! Also just say thank you, employees want to feel appreciated.

Primrose Schools2015-08-27
  5. "I'm pretty satisfied!"

Current Employee - Lead Early Preschool Teacher in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Primrose Schools

Pros

-Supportive staff, including the owner (there is a new one as of a few years ago) -They work with your schedule very well -Overall good environment to work in (if you like your co-teacher!)

Cons

-The pay isn't the best but I started with not a lot of experience and no degree, so my pay is more appropriate for my skill level, I believe. -Not a lot of lesson planning/curriculum time unless you ask for it (which they don't mind, I just don't like to) but I get by working during nap time and in the morning before circle time.

Advice to Management

Give us more curriculum time without us having to ask!

Primrose Schools2015-07-14

"Perfect for college student."

Current Employee - Lead Early Preschool Teacher in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Primrose Schools full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The children are loving and everything is provided.

Cons

Little wage, not much room to grow.

Advice to Management

Provide more successors for employees.

Primrose Schools2014-09-02

"Early Preschool Teacher"

Former Employee - Early Preschool Teacher in Orlando, FL

I worked at Primrose Schools full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Working with the two year-olds is great! If you find the right coworker to partner with in your room you will love your job. Just make sure it is someone who you work well as a team with.

Cons

Being that the staff is mainly girls, gossip tends to be a problem. Sometimes management is in over their head and takes it out on the team.

Advice to Management

Please keep a smile on your face and remember that constructive criticism is both qualities that you need to work on and your best qualities. A little positive reinforcement goes a long way.

Primrose Schools2014-03-19
  8. "You better love working with children!"

Current Employee - Early Preschool Teacher in

I have been working at Primrose Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

fairly flexible with time, kids are a lot of fun, curriculum prepared for you

Cons

almost impossible to take off if sick, high turn around rate so your co-teacher will change frequently

Primrose Schools2012-12-02