Prince Lobel Tye Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Craig M. Tateronis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good culture & work-life balance for support staff"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Prince Lobel Tye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an excellent experience at Prince Lobel Tye. Good company culture, friendly atmosphere, approachable coworkers. Support staff are hardworking, though there is a good home-life/work balance. As a former legal assistant, I can say that I never took work home with me. Great compensation and benefits are a bonus.

Cons

A certain amount of micromanagement can take place (simply depends on which department you work in), I saw this but did not experience it myself. The only other con I could speak to is the lack of advancement opportunities for the support staff, although this is to be expected at a law firm (as the only roles to advance to require a law degree.) Other than that, nothing negative to report.

Advice to Management

Well done on creating a positive work environment & company culture, especially for the supporting staff- I always felt as though I had resources to assist me and very much appreciated the open communication.

2. "Accounts Receivable"

Pros

Nothing I can really think of

Cons

Stressful environment with cocky attorneys

Advice to Management

More attentive to Operations

"Lack of pay and respect"

Pros

Location is great and other staff members and attorneys.

Cons

There are only two things Prince Lobel cares about, money and the attorneys. The staff is underpaid and over worked. The turn over rate is shockingly high, and therefore good talent leaves as fast as they came due to lack of pay and respect. The one free thing we got were sodas and now those have bee taken away too.

Advice to Management

Care about your staff, pay them a livable wage, and hire better managers that have as much as experience as the staff.

"Management doesn't care about the individual"

I worked at Prince Lobel Tye full-time

Pros

The location and the new space is very convenient. The attorneys and staff are friendly. This is a good entry level firm. You won't find it hard to get a job here.

Cons

High employee turnover. There is no commitment, loyalty or effort from managment to retain the good employees.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the work of the employees. It is not efficient to train new people for the same position every-year.

"Only time will tell"

I worked at Prince Lobel Tye full-time

Pros

Overall, the employees (both attorneys and staff) are friendly and inviting. The benefits and new office space are also great.

Cons

Low morale. Management is becoming increasingly inefficient and taking away from the firm.

Advice to Management

Trust your long-term employees and reward the hard working ones. There is a lot of good at the firm but the negative atmosphere and low morale is beginning to take over quickly.

6. "Accounting"

Pros

Great Culture
    Room for growth
    Diverse workforce
    Firm is growing

Cons

Can't think of any downsides

Advice to Management

Great management team, serving the best interests of the overall firm.

"Not great..."

Pros

Good people. Environment is a bit more laid-back compared to other firms. Location. Firm events. Ample vacation time for staff. Jeans on Fridays.

Cons

High turnover. Claims to be committed to diversity but fails to develop or promote quality candidates. Culture is not what it used to be. Zero transparency. Low employee morale.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more. Focus on retention and development not just bottom line.

"Senior Paralegal"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

The attorneys including Senior Partners appreciate the expertise of Paralegals and you can get involved in a lot of different matters across department lines. Everyone is included in the firms successes and celebrations.

Cons

Same with a lot of firms - always bad apples with public persona that make life difficult for staff and unfortunately they are allowed to ruin a good culture.

Advice to Management

Allow all staff to cross train and participate in firm work between departments to increase the value all have to offer as well as mutual understanding of what each has to bring to the table.

9. "Excellent place to work."

Pros

Since I began to work at Prince Lobel I have learned everyday from a countless number of expierenced employees that are always happy to help/teach. Everyone in the office is very professional while remaining friendly. Imformation is spread very well throughout the office. Prince Lobel has a very positive enviorment to work in. The people are great and the office is very nice and has a great view of the city.

Cons

I am yet to see any cons with Prince Lobel.

"My experience was life changing."

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Boston, MA

Pros

Prince Lobel was a great place to work, it definitely shaped the rest of my career. I loved working with the people, the benefits and salary was great, the understanding from supervisors were really good and the best part is the opportunity for growth.

Cons

I don't really have a downsize to working at Prince Lobel, other than it was a bit tough for me to work with attorneys because they are very persistent and many are strict. There is a big age gap as well, but it works fine.