Princess Cruise Lines Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Jan Swartz
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Working long hours without a whole day off" (in 37 reviews)

• "Low Pay (lowest in the cruise industry for IT Professionals)" (in 17 reviews)

1. "Good place for work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Princess Cruise Lines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly environment, nice itineraries, different kind os ships (small and big), ok hours of work

Cons

Lack of good management, lack of excursions/interactions for crew, though good for officers

Advice to Management

My advice to managers to get a proper training "how to be a true leader/manager".

"Reservations support and internal help desk"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Princess Cruise Lines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the time easy to get time off.

Cons

If you are in any of the customer service departments you get paid horribly and very low; it is known around town that Princess does not pay well; the cruise 'benefit' is not that easy to obtain like they make it seem when they first hire you; when brought to upper management about low pay they explain that the cruise 'benefit' makes up for the low pay. Not everyone wants to go on a cruise, some people would rather get paid well. All customer service departments have to deal with very rude customers and internal employees. Most employees are older catty women. Since Holland has absorbed Princess a lot of bad and complicated changes have been made. Extremely micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Boost morale more; inspire your employees; have better employee appreciation other than Habit cheeseburgers once a year.

"I got the customer service rep, work @ home position on my own/didn't know anyone in the company) very hard to do..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Princess Cruise Lines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot in a short amount of time, which is good and bad. The staff I interacted with was very helpful. Cruise benefits are great, if you can get the time off. The point system they use, is very complicated and does not benefit employees.

Cons

Prepare to work weekends with no time off. There is no work/life balance. My schedule was Monday Tuesday Thursday, with Wednesdays and Fridays off. Note this is not 2 days off in a row. Worked every Saturday and Sunday for almost a year. Managers really don't know anything. Hard to know who makes the decisions. Shift bid promised since the day I began and when I left before one year, still no shift bid. I didn't want to leave Princess, but my family life was hurting and I had no other option.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, they do not recognize or even try to retain good employees. The pay at $10.50 an hour (it was $10 when I started in October 2015) is not the reason why you work here. It's a foot in the door. You hope that you can move up in the company, and you can, if you know someone...My advice to Princess is to retain the good employees that you have and treat them better, maybe then they will stay and you won't have such a high turnover and constantly looking to hire new employees. I'm sure that's not a cheap endeavor to do constantly.