Princess Cruise Lines Reviews
65% would recommend to a friend
(717 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Found 717 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Politics and bad management are king." (in 47 reviews)
- "low pay very little increase." (in 44 reviews)
- "Long hours and too many chiefs and not enough Indians" (in 40 reviews)
- "There are legal protections for crew/staff rest and these are often dismissed by bad managers, it often feels like there's nothing anyone can do to help you." (in 24 reviews)
- "in addition to jumping through all of the company hoops to get the time off and cruise at the same time" (in 12 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Princess Cruise Lines and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Assistant Cruise DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Clarita, CA
Single cabin, officer status, low work load
It can get boring, with other 3 ACDs is always a constant competition.1
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023TelerepresentiveFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsValencia, CA
I thought it would be my forever career job but Covid hit and we got laid off! Most reps are working from home! Everything provided
Hours could suck! Angry people are never fun!
- 4.0Sep 26, 2023Assistant IT OfficerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Travelling the world is amazing. Free accommodation, free travel to and from the cruise, free food and soft drinks, great social life and wonderful colleagues from across the globe. Can recommend joining as an officer.
You WILL work 7 days per week for the length of your contract (3, 6 or 9 months) with 2 months leave (usually unpaid) between contracts. Seeing the world is amazing, but with 3 hours off between shifts you sometimes don't get to see very much, especially if the port is a long way from the local town / city. Don't recommend joining the company as anything lower than officer grade - shared cabins and the food isn't as nice.
- 3.0Sep 29, 2023Front Dest ReceptionistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearTrapper Creek, AK
Beautiful location Housing Food Discounts on local excursions
If you work on their hotels in Alaska, it can be pretty isolating. A bus goes out every Wednesday but you can only go if you're lucky enough to get it off (everyone wants that day off). Theres a SMALL town an hour away and the closest walmart is 3 or 4 hours away. You're basically stuck there.1
Princess Cruise Lines Reviews FAQs
Princess Cruise Lines has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,168 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Princess Cruise Lines to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of Princess Cruise Lines employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Princess Cruise Lines 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.