Princeton Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Steve Krantz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Positive Experience, Great Team Enviroment"

Current Employee - Sales in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Madison, WI

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To succeed, you must be able to handle a lot of rejection as these high-end packages are not for everyone but if you can get over the rejection, you can do very well financially. The benefits are fantastic and the company culture has improved significantly throughout 2017. Very good office environment.

Cons

This is inside sales which does include a fair amount of rejection as noted. Training is provided and there is a solid support structure throughout each office, but you also need to be personally or financially motivated as there are no handouts – you must be willing to work hard to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep staying engage with the sales staff, we like hearing from you

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Madison, WI

I worked at Princeton Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The products being sold are the best in the industry and the reputation of the company does go a long way with current clients

Cons

- Was offered position in May, started in August and within that time 8 employees were hired and quit by the time I started
    - Compensation isn't great unless you get lucky in your first couple of months
    - Lots of outside work is required (Independent research to generate leads, which has to be done outside of your 8 hours of cold calling per day
    - 200 to 300 Cold Calls per day
    - Office culture is intense and even 5 to 10 minute breaks are frowned upon
    - Sink or swim mentality from management (Extreme micro-managment)
    - They will entice you with success stories from employees, but these are extremely rare cases
    - You are not valued as a resource, just valued as the number of calls you can get out
    - Strict script to read off of, which could be done by high school students

Advice to Management

Choose to care about your employees instead of just the number of calls they can make. No one, even your more tenured employees, enjoys showing up every day because they don't seem valued for who they are. Allow more free time during the day to break up the chunks of calling so your employees will be happier during the day, which will actually allow them to perform at a higher level on the phones with clients

"Marketing Sales"

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed work clothes. Great bonus potential. Can become very stressful and you don't need to be in an office to do the job.

Cons

Lack of communication and clarification on bonus structure. Base salary is terrible and it takes more than a month or two to see the bonuses coming in which is not what they told me when getting the job. But at the time I needed the job so I took it.

"Acct. executive"

Pros

The pros would be if you like sales then cold calling is what you will be doing

Cons

I didn't realize what I was getting myself into

Advice to Management

Keep everything transparent! I feel that if cold calling is what it is then that is what should be first known.

5. "Princeton Group a good place to work"

Current Employee - Accountant in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Accountant in Madison, WI

I have been working at Princeton Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company that provides employees opportunities to grow and expand experience and development and excellent work/life balance as not many companies provide part-time management positions.

Cons

Would like to see management continue to share big picture goals and growth.

6. "LIfe Changing"

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time

Pros

Great job for advancement. Very fun to work for. Teaches the way sales ought to be executed. Provides amazing perks.

Cons

I really haven't had any cons while working here.

7. "Lucrative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a veteran sales type person, I've found the freedom to build your own success at this job is unlike ANY other. Dealing with top level Executives as clients keeps the sales process brief, to the point, and extremely professional. This allows for an ever-changing work environment allowing the time to fly! Truth is I wish there was more time in the day... that's a rare find in sales. Incredibly talented leadership, product that stands MILES above the competition, and a plan for growth that exceeds anything I've ever seen. SOLID place to be.

Cons

It's a grind. This job is definitely not for the meek, boring, non-energetic. You control your future, which is really a "pro", however a vast majority do not see the "pro" in that. For those that understand the bigger picture of building a client base, it's perfect. If you're not hungry, money-motivated, and willing to EARN your piece, it's not for you. If you are though....

Advice to Management

Keep building, keep growing, never stop. Simple.

8. "Fun Job with Great Earning Potential"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Middleton, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Middleton, WI

I worked at Princeton Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented, supportive of personal & professional development, excellent pay structure and bonus opportunities, great benefits. Upper management is supportive of work-life balance. Truly talented colleagues... bright, humorous, dedicated and hard working people.

Cons

None that I can really think of. You get back what you put in......If you are lazy, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"What a joke!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Madison, WI

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not coming up with any.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin.

If you want to act out the movie "Boiler Room" in real life, then feel free to sign up. Odds are you probably know someone who has worked there, because they go through employees like most of us go through socks. Training consisted of two days of reading a script over and over that is a textbook example of telemarketing..which is not good btw. They then turn you lose, or throw you to the wolves if you will, into a type of cutthroat atmosphere that you cant even believe. You look for your own leads which have been already called hundreds of times by former PGI employees, not to mention the other 25+ companies who do the same thing. Management will not help in anyway. They call themselves "closers", but the only thing they will close is the small chance of a fun or rewarding career.

Base pay and comission is a joke. You put in 100% effort and get maybe 2% return. They want you to think that you are privileged to be working for this great company, but in reality there are ton of jobs that will treat you like a human being, and not as a lead generators. As long as there are new college grads looking for experience, this company will stay in business. Take it from me though, it is better to be unemployed than to work at Princeton Group!

Advice to Management

they wont listen anyways...

"Boiler Room Sequel?"

I worked at Princeton Group full-time

Pros

You might be able to pay rent
    Work life balance is typical
    Might be able to travel a little bit if you do well

Cons

Everything about this place is a con
    Blind leading the blind
    Management is deceptive and very unprofessional
    Untrustworthy sales cycle
    Make sure you know your commissions

Advice to Management

Get a clue