Princeton Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Princeton Group Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2019

Found 13 reviews

3.5
Princeton Group CEO Steve Krantz (no image)
Steve Krantz
  1. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Oak Park, IL

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best upper management team I have ever worked for

Cons

Definitely not for the thin skinned

Princeton Group2019-03-26
  2. "Great Company to work for"

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time

Pros

- Very fun environment - Ability to make as much money as you want - Work hard/Play hard

Cons

None that I have encountered

Princeton Group2018-05-23
  3. "Positive Experience, Great Team Enviroment"

Current Employee - Sales in Madison, WI

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

To succeed, you must be able to handle a lot of rejection as these high-end packages are not for everyone but if you can get over the rejection, you can do very well financially. The benefits are fantastic and the company culture has improved significantly throughout 2017. Very good office environment.

Cons

This is inside sales which does include a fair amount of rejection as noted. Training is provided and there is a solid support structure throughout each office, but you also need to be personally or financially motivated as there are no handouts – you must be willing to work hard to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep staying engage with the sales staff, we like hearing from you

Princeton Group2017-08-04

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Madison, WI

I worked at Princeton Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The products being sold are the best in the industry and the reputation of the company does go a long way with current clients

Cons

- Was offered position in May, started in August and within that time 8 employees were hired and quit by the time I started - Compensation isn't great unless you get lucky in your first couple of months - Lots of outside work is required (Independent research to generate leads, which has to be done outside of your 8 hours of cold calling per day - 200 to 300 Cold Calls per day - Office culture is intense and... even 5 to 10 minute breaks are frowned upon - Sink or swim mentality from management (Extreme micro-managment) - They will entice you with success stories from employees, but these are extremely rare cases - You are not valued as a resource, just valued as the number of calls you can get out - Strict script to read off of, which could be done by high school students

Advice to Management

Choose to care about your employees instead of just the number of calls they can make. No one, even your more tenured employees, enjoys showing up every day because they don't seem valued for who they are. Allow more free time during the day to break up the chunks of calling so your employees will be happier during the day, which will actually allow them to perform at a higher level on the phones with clients

Princeton Group2016-12-22

"Marketing Sales"

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed work clothes. Great bonus potential. Can become very stressful and you don't need to be in an office to do the job.

Cons

Lack of communication and clarification on bonus structure. Base salary is terrible and it takes more than a month or two to see the bonuses coming in which is not what they told me when getting the job. But at the time I needed the job so I took it.

Princeton Group2016-11-26

"Acct. executive"

I worked at Princeton Group

Pros

The pros would be if you like sales then cold calling is what you will be doing

Cons

I didn't realize what I was getting myself into

Advice to Management

Keep everything transparent! I feel that if cold calling is what it is then that is what should be first known.

Princeton Group2016-04-19
  7. "Princeton Group a good place to work"

Current Employee - Accountant in Madison, WI

I have been working at Princeton Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company that provides employees opportunities to grow and expand experience and development and excellent work/life balance as not many companies provide part-time management positions.

Cons

Would like to see management continue to share big picture goals and growth.

Princeton Group2014-10-07
  8. "LIfe Changing"

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time

Pros

Great job for advancement. Very fun to work for. Teaches the way sales ought to be executed. Provides amazing perks.

Cons

I really haven't had any cons while working here.

Princeton Group2014-10-06
  9. "Lucrative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Princeton Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a veteran sales type person, I've found the freedom to build your own success at this job is unlike ANY other. Dealing with top level Executives as clients keeps the sales process brief, to the point, and extremely professional. This allows for an ever-changing work environment allowing the time to fly! Truth is I wish there was more time in the day... that's a rare find in sales. Incredibly talented leadership,... product that stands MILES above the competition, and a plan for growth that exceeds anything I've ever seen. SOLID place to be.

Cons

It's a grind. This job is definitely not for the meek, boring, non-energetic. You control your future, which is really a "pro", however a vast majority do not see the "pro" in that. For those that understand the bigger picture of building a client base, it's perfect. If you're not hungry, money-motivated, and willing to EARN your piece, it's not for you. If you are though....

Advice to Management

Keep building, keep growing, never stop. Simple.

Princeton Group2014-10-06
  10. "Fun Job with Great Earning Potential"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Middleton, WI

I worked at Princeton Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family oriented, supportive of personal & professional development, excellent pay structure and bonus opportunities, great benefits. Upper management is supportive of work-life balance. Truly talented colleagues... bright, humorous, dedicated and hard working people.

Cons

None that I can really think of. You get back what you put in......If you are lazy, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Princeton Group2014-10-02