Principal Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 12, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Kim Paul

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • i then applied this in the field which was great because I had the opportunity to travel to various cities in the Chicagoland area (in 6 reviews)

• Working here is a great opportunity to grow in any professional career (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • You either make minimum wage or your commissions, whichever is higher (in 8 reviews)

• Long hours of work - INCLUDING EVERY WEEKEND, (in 6 reviews)

"I’ve learned so much!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Principal Marketing has helped me grow as an individual in my personal & professional life. The first day working here, everyone has been open arms and very nice. I thought it was a joke at first then realized actually everyone is there for your interest! Working with Kim has been a wonderful experience. She has believed in me at times when I haven’t believed in myself. Her devotion to her company and employees is incredible, she genuinely cares for you to succeed in life. Working here is a great opportunity to grow in any professional career.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time for Principal Marketing Inc. I really enjoy working here, very welcoming.

Advice to Management

I have no advice at this time. I’m very happy to work at Principal Marketing. Thank you for believing in me, Kim.

"Love it"

Current Employee - Entry Level Brand Representative in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Current Employee - Entry Level Brand Representative in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Environment is great. Paid training. The fact that there actually is training, for everything. Receptionists are always really nice to everyone. Managers seem pretty cool.

Cons

Early mornings are a pain.

Advice to Management

Would love to see more bonuses done, contests, things like that. The team building outside of the office is great and produces a good culture but yeah stuff more done during the work day for that too would be cool.

"I'm getting what I was promised"

Current Employee - Event Trainer in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Current Employee - Event Trainer in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My interview was a few months ago, and I was told I would be promoted within a few weeks and I was. I was also told I would make base pay with bonuses, the range was accurate with what I've made. I felt like the culture was promoted during the interview as inviting and team oriented, and I've heard that before and found companies didn't live up to expectations. Honestly I ended up completely agreeing with their assessment of their culture. Glad I was offered and took the position.

Cons

I definitely am self managing. While the trainers provide a lot of direction, I study a lot on my own and schedule my own meetings to get ahead. Just wouldn't be for someone who isn't willing to be very organized and self managed. Lots of accountability.

Advice to Management

Probably if someone doesn't rise to the above expectations, cut them sooner.

4. "Did they change their name to Connected Concepts?"

Pros

There are 0 pros for this company

Cons

Pretty sure they changed their name because of all the mad ex employees coming clean about how this company is run and the poor reviews (all positive ones are from employees CEO tells them to review)

"Principal Marketing Review"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time

Pros

In my time here at Principal Marketing I have been able to expand, improve and challenge my skill sets. This is a great company for a professional who is willing to learn, gain experience and is motivated to one day run their own business. Principal Marketing is a great opportunity for all types of people, wether that person has 15+ years of experience or right out of college, the management training program builds and challenges everyone. Being able to own and manage my own marketing firm has always been a goal of mine, with Principal Marketing they are giving me the necessary tools and support to make sure I push my self towards success everyday. To sum it all up, Principal Marketing has an amazing office culture, great training program and 1 on 1 mentorship, and last but not least I believe this company can build leaders and entrepreneurs, as long as that person has a great student mentality, work ethic and attitude.

Cons

Working with promotions and events driving is a must, so having a reliable car is necessary. Since we do drive more than your usual worker the car experiences more wear and tear than usually would.

"Training Program"

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Principal is more dynamic than any other corporate setting I've been a part of. It's fast-paced and energetic, and fosters an environment where people are excited to learn and work hard.

Cons

For individuals who are interested in the more traditional 9-5 and are reluctant to move past their comfort zone to grow, the management in training program may be too intensely structured and probably not the right fit.

Advice to Management

What I appreciate more than anything is how involved management is in the growth and personal development of every individual in the organization. She epitomizes mentorship.

"Read this and make your decision"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time

Pros

They teach you how to work horrific, long hours till you become a zombie, never see friends, family and never see the day light again. So you'll work really hard somewhere else and do well.

Cons

First.
    The company draws you in with this cute up beat environment, they make you think that this is a incredible opportunity. In the interview they challenge you with questions to belittle you and make you second guess your qualities. They are extremely vague with what you even applied for. You cant ask questions over the phone you cant ask what the pay is, nothing. They will try to redirect you to coming in and talking to them in person. Once you do so, you will sit in a room for about 5 min as the individual on the other side talks so fast you have no clue what is actually being said. Once you go through 3 rounds of interviews that you will drive a good 45 min to shadow and still not get very clear answers you will then be hired. Congratulations they higher everyone that walks in the door. Don't worry they will make you feel really special about it. The environment is interesting, they have you come into the room and they teach you different systems every day for the company and very one is excited for you which they are taught back, you will be placed with an individual that is newer to the company so if you thought you were off to a rocky start, it gets worse. They will give you your schedule, you'll have coffee and dinner with some people and they talk about this big thing called...The Opportunity. They get you excited about making a lot of money really fast with in a years time 75k-100k. You are so excited about it because you can think of all the bills that ill be paid off, car loans, credit cards, you know every day life stuff. OH but wait..... you only get paid $8 to start. So not only are you slaving away every day but your not even making enough to support yourself on your own. Im sorry but only being able to afford eating a fourth of a potato and sour kraut packets from Sams Club is not how someone should be living. 3 weeks later if you make it that long, you'll have endured all the suffering from the long solo days, going straight home, drop your bags at the door and just passing out face first with your cloths still on, you will become a leader. Yay! You will start building a team of your own, bringing people on board and watch them suffer the same thing you just went though. You will have leaders meetings where the management just talk so incredibly poorly of each individual that comes on board and they throw around cuss words, which is absolutely extremely unprofessional and not only hurtful to people that you want as a business partner for the future. Don't worry New B's you were talked about too. You will become so brainwashed in the game that you start becoming a witch yourself, saying those hurtful things and feeding into the work drama like it is high school all over again. While the manager writes on the board daily to have a kind soul and feed your self positive thoughts. Honestly, it works because at that point you have been so mentally brain washed that all you can do is tell your self its going to be Ok, and i love my family. What family? remember you don't see them because your working all the time. Time will go by, you wont be able to take of time for weddings, birthdays, anniversary, baby births, even a sick day without being threatened to be fired. In your head you justify it and continue to say. Its Ok, ill make next years, well my friends only get married once, babies only come once, thank god for cell phones some one will send you a video. By change you, get that team together and make it all the way to assistant manager, that day will be so emotional, all the hard work all the blood, sweat, and tears will have paid off, no more longs days no more missing events, well think again. You work even more, going in every day, one day off a month, you will now be required to be on call at all times. Always have your phone on you checking emails etc. and wont be paid for it. Umm...is that illegal? i guess, who care right? You will open up 2-3 months later after being promoted. The time is here, the time you have been waiting for. 75k a year. Yes! Ha no. You will open your office and you might generate 75k per year but you will lose it all. Thousands of dollars in employees, the lights have to stay on, and best for last, inventory. You will have so much inventory shortages that it will bring you under, if you don't keep track of every single piece of it and it goes missing, your now in the hole, seems minor but when shipments get lost with $10,000 on them. Guess who's paying for that. correct, you! But you have worked so hard for this, you can't give up now. You paychecks will diminish, your people will drop off and you will loose it all, including your dignity. You are now $-20,000 in the hole and its only 6 months you have been open, what happened to the 75k a year, what happened to the freedom. Your are so emotionally hurt that you put everything aside for this, you dismissed your friends, your family for a lie. You sold everything in your possession to make it work, and it is now gone. You will have learned a lot about managing people and you will have learned how to be a professional lair, now before you come into the office for your interview, make sure you have a blazer on because that's most important in business, trust me go get one.

"Ask the right questions going in"

Former Employee - Entry Level
    Former Employee - Entry Level

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great marketing education; forest networking and mentoring; the owner is amazing and a great leader.

Cons

It's direct sales, you have to travel daily to go on-site; if you don't make your quotas, get ready for a minimum wage paycheck; "days off" mean conference calls, lunches/coffees with mentors/management, event set up and prep, and going in to help at the office; advancement is quick but you hit a wall if you can't build a sales team (knew several people there for over a year and a half who were unable to do so).

"No."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm not sure unless you like the pyramid scheme design. Remember Am-Way?

Cons

You'll start by peddling far less than necessary items.

Advice to Management

This is weird. Present your endeavor more honestly.

"RUN! Good reviews are FAKE"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do teach you how to manage yourself, how to see the positive side of any situation

Cons

They train their "leaders" to close you! You will be offer a job no matter what! Their goal is to convince as many people as they can to start working there.
    You get paid a cent on the dollar;
    Long hours of work - INCLUDING EVERY WEEKEND,
    They don't appreciate you,
    You are easily replaceable, you are fired just as easily you get hired.
    Brainwash to make you believe it is your own business;
    Pyramid scheme at its finest!
    As I said RUN!

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of people's hopes and dreams!