Principal Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2018

Found 43 reviews

2.6
Kim Paul
Pros
  • "i then applied this in the field which was great because I had the opportunity to travel to various cities in the Chicagoland area(in 6 reviews)

• "In my time here at Principal Marketing I have been able to expand, improve and challenge my skill sets(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "You will be making minimum wage or lower(in 10 reviews)

• "Long hours of work - INCLUDING EVERY WEEKEND,(in 9 reviews)

1. "Valuable Experience"

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time

Pros

Not only will Kim and her team teach you how to become an effective salesman, you will also learn how to act as an outstanding teammate and business professional. You are provided with very helpful training and a network of experienced individuals that will not only serve you well in your time at Principal but also beyond. I can truly say that I learned lots of extremely beneficial lessons at my time at Principal....

Cons

Long-hours, requires time commitments outside of work hours in order to succeed. You will be put in uncomfortable situations as a business person and will be required to keep your composure and find a solution.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you've been doing. You are still a huge part of the many peoples' lives who have committed their time and energy towards your company but ended up going in a different direction. Just because people leave doesn't mean you haven't helped them grow/succeed.

Principal Marketing2018-06-17

"glorified sample handler"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

You gain experience hating your life.

Cons

It was a scam start to finish. I dont think ive ever seen a company with a higher turnover. You essentially practice sales pitches for god awful products and sell them face to face to people at costco. They tell you you make 600 a week but really its minimum wage. Not even worth your time.

Advice to Management

set the building on fire

Principal Marketing2018-04-17
  3. "Go for the Experience... Expect to work hard"

I worked at Principal Marketing

Pros

learn alot push yourself become a better professional learn to lead instead of manage

Cons

long hours lots of driving Initial pay not great (but great potential to have great pay)

Principal Marketing2018-02-08

"Love it"

Current Employee - Entry Level Brand Representative in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Environment is great. Paid training. The fact that there actually is training, for everything. Receptionists are always really nice to everyone. Managers seem pretty cool.

Cons

Early mornings are a pain.

Advice to Management

Would love to see more bonuses done, contests, things like that. The team building outside of the office is great and produces a good culture but yeah stuff more done during the work day for that too would be cool.

Principal Marketing2017-11-30

"Did they change their name to Connected Concepts?"

I worked at Principal Marketing

Pros

There are 0 pros for this company

Cons

Pretty sure they changed their name because of all the mad ex employees coming clean about how this company is run and the poor reviews (all positive ones are from employees CEO tells them to review)

Principal Marketing2018-01-12

"Principal Marketing Review"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time

Pros

In my time here at Principal Marketing I have been able to expand, improve and challenge my skill sets. This is a great company for a professional who is willing to learn, gain experience and is motivated to one day run their own business. Principal Marketing is a great opportunity for all types of people, wether that person has 15+ years of experience or right out of college, the management training program builds and...

Cons

Working with promotions and events driving is a must, so having a reliable car is necessary. Since we do drive more than your usual worker the car experiences more wear and tear than usually would.

Principal Marketing2017-10-31

"Training Program"

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Principal is more dynamic than any other corporate setting I've been a part of. It's fast-paced and energetic, and fosters an environment where people are excited to learn and work hard.

Cons

For individuals who are interested in the more traditional 9-5 and are reluctant to move past their comfort zone to grow, the management in training program may be too intensely structured and probably not the right fit.

Advice to Management

What I appreciate more than anything is how involved management is in the growth and personal development of every individual in the organization. She epitomizes mentorship.

Principal Marketing2017-10-25

"Read this and make your decision"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time

Pros

They teach you how to work horrific, long hours till you become a zombie, never see friends, family and never see the day light again. So you'll work really hard somewhere else and do well.

Cons

First. The company draws you in with this cute up beat environment, they make you think that this is a incredible opportunity. In the interview they challenge you with questions to belittle you and make you second guess your qualities. They are extremely vague with what you even applied for. You cant ask questions over the phone you cant ask what the pay is, nothing. They will try to redirect you to coming in and talking...

Principal Marketing2017-11-11

"Ask the right questions going in"

Former Employee - Entry Level

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great marketing education; forest networking and mentoring; the owner is amazing and a great leader.

Cons

It's direct sales, you have to travel daily to go on-site; if you don't make your quotas, get ready for a minimum wage paycheck; "days off" mean conference calls, lunches/coffees with mentors/management, event set up and prep, and going in to help at the office; advancement is quick but you hit a wall if you can't build a sales team (knew several people there for over a year and a half who were unable to do so).

Principal Marketing2017-10-23

"No."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm not sure unless you like the pyramid scheme design. Remember Am-Way?

Cons

You'll start by peddling far less than necessary items.

Advice to Management

This is weird. Present your endeavor more honestly.

Principal Marketing2017-08-17