Priory Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Priory Group CEO Trevor Torrington
Trevor Torrington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Put service users at forefront of everything (in 13 reviews)

• You get to make a difference in people's lives and build good working relationships (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Management disrespectful about service users families (in 8 reviews)

• Low morale among staff leading to high turnover of staff (in 5 reviews)

"Housekeeping"

Pros

I want to work for priory group because it's one of the best group and it offers lots of benefits.

Cons

It really does not have any downsides besides location

Mar 29, 2016 – Head of Recruitment

Thankyou for taking time to review us on glassdoor - Its great to hear you are enjoying working with Priory Group.

"Working for this company still gives me nightmares 2 years after leaving!"

Former Employee - Health Care Assistant in Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Health Care Assistant in Bristol, CT

I worked at Priory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some of the hardest working and resilient staff I have ever had the ensure to work with! That's all I can think of...

Cons

Not sure where to start with this... worked at the Priory Hospital Bristol for almost two years - most definitely the worst years of my work life. This place has left me damaged not only professionally but also on a personal level.

The appalling management and treatment of their employees is beyond any body's comprehension.... It is so bad that it's actually impossible to describe. You have to live it to believe it and even then you will be questioning your mind thinking am I the crazy one here or is the whole hospital mad?

surprised how they're still open and running.....

Advice to Management

Nothing will change if the management remains the same... just go away and bring new people in with some brain and management skills.... Please!!!!!

"Lovely colleagues, lovely managers, pay is standard for industry"

Pros

Easy going and supportive colleagues, interesting client group with professional challenges. Room for progression. Put service users at forefront of everything.

Cons

Low pay - but standard for industry. Shifts are long but shorter ones are available. Higher management are not brilliant - regionals etc. Not the most supportive from what I've seen.

Advice to Management

More flexibility for shifts would undoubtedly lead to a lower staff turnover.

Sep 18, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the comments you have made. If you would be interested in talking to me in more detail about your feedback then please email me on... More

4. "Avoid Burton Park at all costs."

Former Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Melton Mowbray, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Melton Mowbray, England (UK)

I worked at Priory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feeling that you are contributing to a good cause.

Spending time with service users.

Cons

This place is the definition of corruption.

Almost everyone who works there lives in the same area resulting in dangerous cliques forming over time and manifested into gossiping, defamation of character and bullying behaviours that alot of the management are a part of.

Low pay and very long hours. Often no breaks are given due to constant and deliberate understaffing with rights "removed" through bullying to object to it. Staff are also expected to stay overtime if ward needs require them to do so.

Some staff members are not only disrespectful in the way they speak to other members of staff but also, more importantly, to the service users who suffer from brain injuries.

Negligence towards service users who suffer brain injuries with many being told last minute that their community trips have been cancelled due to staff or transport being unavailable. On some occasions some patients been left to wait for personal hygiene to be carried out whilst employees go out for a cigarette break.

Management don't respect basic human rights, health and safety policies are often completely disregarded despite several staff having consulted their union representatives.

Unclean wards that smell of urine.

Double standards, some employees get away with "murder", others pulled up for petty mistakes.

Extremely low morale and high turnover.

Advice to Management

CQC have already awarded this place with a rating of "requires improvement" and that was after a planned visit. Seeing as this place would most likely receive a rating of inadequate if CQC turned up unexpectedly, I would suggest it be best management take some courses in how to effectively manage a business. This is not only affecting employees and the business itself but most importantly the lives of many vulnerable people in your care. Show some respect and reform current strategies. If current management can't cope then maybe it's time for a complete reformation from the top down.

5. "good"

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Personally find the company supportive and understanding

Cons

Could do with developmental process for support workers to be able to attain better remuneration

Advice to Management

Listen to the word coming out of regional meetings ,this gets the flavor of the company feeling locally

Sep 18, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your comments. We are in the process of developing a career pathway and specific development for Support Workers and hope to have something to... More

6. "standard care assistant job"

I have been working at Priory Group full-time

Pros

good training, & opportunity for growth

Cons

24 hour rota can leave you feeling pretty tired & this could lead to errors

Advice to Management

have 8 hour shifts available for those who prefer

Sep 18, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; your comments and advice are very important ones and I would like to reassure you that we are looking at how we can be more flexible in the shifts we... More

7. "Best job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Support Worker in Plymstock, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Plymstock, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent management,Well lead,Superb work environment&Happy all round 😊😊😊

Cons

There are no Cons.Priory are amazing 😊

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work you do 😊

Sep 18, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoy your job with Priory so much.

Kind Regards
    Karen Price, HR Director

8. "Horrendous place to work"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only 3 days a week

Cons

Safeguarding issues .. staff 1-1 with aggressive and vulnerable service users that should be 2-1 at all times , some service users are 2 male staff only but females are left on their own with them.

The Rota has been changed at very short notice ( 1 week notice) 4 times in the last 3 months and management did not honour staff plans on days off , also messed up everyone's annual leave

Staff are walking out , left crying due to extreme lack of support and pressure . Previous manager was sacked for safeguarding issues , manager after that was told to leave and the service does not have it's own manager now.

Frequently relying on agency staff with no capability or experience of challenging behaviour. I waited 5 months to be restraint trained.

Staff are frequently getting badly bitten and injured . There is a lack of PPE.

Advice to Management

I don't know what to suggest... the place is at rock bottom . 1 star for everything because I had to select a star

Oct 16, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, if you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please email me on karenprice@priorygroup.com.

Kind Regards
    Karen Price, HR Director

"Registered service manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Leicester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Leicester, England (UK)

I worked at Priory Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Service users amazing staff within industry have common themes and interests

Cons

Dismissed when told the meeting was not formal,grievance not accepted as dismissed .Treated appallingly ,not even allowed to collect belongings or say goodbye to the service users.I have never in my life been treated so unfairly ,despite the work commitment to staff and service users ,110%

Advice to Management

Please look at the situation,investigate fairly and praise staff for all the positive aspects of your work.conduct supervisions ,support your staff .Think about the reputation that you are building amongst professionals.

Oct 10, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and also for the advice you have given; we will consider the points you've raised. If you would like to discuss in more detail please contact me on... More

"MANAGEMENT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND MENTAL HEALTH"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Temple Ewell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Temple Ewell, England (UK)

I worked at Priory Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are literally none. Don't work here.

Cons

Management shouted down the phone threatening to hang up when asked if they could make adjustments for employees mental health illness.

Advice to Management

Learn to deal with mental health problems not just with the residents but with employees.

Sep 25, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm disappointed that your experience at Priory Group was not satisfactory. If you would like to discuss in more details your comments then please... More