Prithvi Catalytic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Sr. Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good Reliable consultancy that strive for employee satisfaction.

Cons

have to negotiate pay as hard as possible to meet your expectations

Advice to Management

reduce your share and increase employee pay rate

"Adventures at the now-defunct Prithvi Catalyic"

Former Employee - STE I in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - STE I in Redmond, WA

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You could get in entry level at Microsoft.

Cons

Lowest contractor percentage aside from Wipro and Volt/VMC.

3. "It was great experience for me."

Pros

I got to learn a lot, good team spirit

Cons

smaller set up so it was difficult to sell

"Do your homework, Quality not quantity."

Pros

Worked remotely. My mngr. Antonia Novak
    had so much knowledge, and made the effort for everyone on her team to know inside and
    Out what the client needs are. Do your homework to be second nature with Job description.

Cons

Coworkers relationships on a private level (dating one another, drinking buddies) showed up at inconvenient moment's, when professional atmosphere a must. The bankruptcy/ reorganization, one lie followed
    by another, etc., etc..

Advice to Management

Problems should be resolved, not made into screaming matches with insults, leaving a incompatible atmosphere.
    keywords ; RESOLVE & HONESTY

6. "satisfactory environment"

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work culture and working hours are very comfortable

Cons

limited domains to gain competency

Advice to Management

nothing specific

"Not business saavy at all"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Redmond, WA

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are great to work with, hours are flexible and salaries are fairly competitive. The working environment internally is positive and lower management treats employees well.

Cons

The CEO at Prithvi has no business acumen at all and drove the company into the ground. The company has filed for bankruptcy and will likely not survive. Internal employees are not respected and are seen as being valuable.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to internal employees and expect them to lie to your clients.

"Watch Out Company Coming Down"

I have been working at Prithvi Catalytic full-time

Pros

When the company was going good it was good!! In the height of the company they were going in the right direction. Employees were glad to work for Prithvi Catalytic.

Cons

If you don't pay your employees on time why would they want to work for you. Not making sure the insurance is up and running is another reason not to work for this company. Have to ask how much long is this company going to be running.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees on time and have benefits available when needed.

"Nepotism"

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Redmond, WA

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to learn recruiting and staffing industry

Cons

they only hire the VP's buddies who are not sales people; they do not know how to sell services or staffing. they promoted the bosses best friend's boyfriend even though he had the lowest amount of hires than anyone

Advice to Management

Get a leader that knows how to hire real sales people not just your buddies.

"Prithvi Catalytic: Leaving it was the best thing I've ever done with the company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- a "foot in the door" into recruiting and the tech industry
    - I was always well fed and caffienated via the breakroom

Cons

- "Used Car Salesman" pretty much sums up the tactics management encourages with recruiters working with candidates. Smarmy, high-pressure sales style to strongarm candidates into the lowest wage for less-than-stellar tech contract work.
    - No trust between management and recruiting staff. It didn't take long for us to realize that the managers, who are so good at talking candidates into lower wages, likely did the same with us when we were hired. Raises don't happen for at least a year and most recruiters were given only a dollar more per hour, regardless of how stellar they were.
    - Your daily routine involved sitting in a cubicle looking at resumes that people had posted on career sites and cold calling people to talk them into letting you submit their resume for a job. You can guess how easy those conversations were. They weren't. The calling was followed up by email spamming.
    - To make bad candidates seem better we were encouraged to "prep" them for interviews and redo their resumes for them. Now that I work in a real company, I see how wrong this actually is.
    - Employee reviews are a joke. Almost all employees "scored" the same overall marks. It was obvious that they were careful not to make anyone feel like they were doing too good of a job lest we feel we are entitled to better pay and treatment. Every compliment seems to be doled out with two negatives, usually related to how we aren't "producing enough" or being "assertive" with our cadidates.
    - In my time there, I surmised that it takes a LOT to actually get fired from there, but my incentive to become a rock star producer was only to keep management off my back, not because I thought I would actually be rewarded/compensated/promoted for doing more.
    - They hired some truly incompetent recruiters, and it was frustrating that we were all basically treated as if we were incomptent. There seemed to be no value for smart and motivated people.
    - Account managers were generally miserable to work with. There was a general "thats just they way they are" attitidue if anyone were to question why they were so brusque, dismissive and critical of the recruiters they worked with. By far my most negative interpersonal interactions were with account managers.
    - I didn't see anyone promote in my time there, but I found it suspect that the only two people I can think of that did get promoted there had close personal ties with management.
    - Management talked openly about how much money the company made each month. I'm not sure if that in itself is a "con" but they used it to paint a picture of doom and gloom in an effort to make us work harder and tell us it is our fault the company isn't making money. While this fact may have been true. I was never certain on what THEY were doing to help the company make money. . . It was just generally a negative environment.

Advice to Management

- Outdated sales-y tactics don't work on today's job force. They know the other options out there and are less likely to fall for them as in the past. Time for a new strategy.
    - Treat recruiters as value adding assets. Rebuild the trust.

11. "Poor management with very cheap approach"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time

Pros

Friendly team . Good training approach. Not bad benefits.

Cons

Disrespectful and high head management which hates own employees. No say "hi", "good bye" or "thank you", just you should work more. No paid overtime job. It really looks like some kinda discrimination. "We are everything - you are nothing."

Advice to Management

Change some managers.