Private Client Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Bob Miller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Start Up Hours for Certain, But Absolutely Was a Great Start for me to mobilize my career..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I worked at Private Client Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free lunch on Fridays
    -Access to management and transparency
    -Good pay
    -Great diversity in thought, experiential and cultural background (probably one of the best assets at a growing company like this and often overlooked in some reviews. People from Poland, Russia, Nigeria, Greece, etc. Very very cool to see and hear these people!)
    -CEO at the time was hard working and likeable, bright man who often was misinterpreted because his level of seriousness, but felt that he grew on people in the end.

Cons

-Manual work that hopefully becomes automated
    -More to progress in terms of back end technology and stay ahead of the game
    -Some clickiness within teams and a proclivity toward negativity in terms of how people come in (too much gossip amongst teams which creates bad energy). As with any job, the beginning work can be monotonous, but ultimately, this *IS* a great stepping stone and a good opportunity to see the long hours and sometimes, monotonous, work that is required in earlier stage startups

Advice to Management

The Senior Management is skillful and has great ideas, but would be great to have more insight from employees and maybe even more opportunities at mentorships to create a grow-your-own sort of model and retain some good potential and hard working people.

"I like it"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Wilton, CT

Pros

I came on board as a software developer in March 2016. I absolutely love what I do here. Not only I have been working on some bleeding edge technologies, I am also empowered to decide the best possible way to get my work done. People have been very nice and helpful. Like any other workplace, there will be some road-bumps once in a while, but everyone figures out a resolution for any problem. After all, we grow the most when we struggle with something. Overall, nice company to work for. The leadership of this firm has been great. As a result, the firm is growing. While I respect reviewers who have worked here in the past, I honestly think the firm has gone through cultural changes that definitely made this place enjoyable. And last but not the least, can't go wrong with the free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

If you do not like to be challenged and do not feel enthusiastic about solving problems, this place is not for you. But then again, that is anything negative about this firm. Its rather certain types of personalities who likes it too laid back wont grow here.

Advice to Management

Please continue making the firm grow as you are now. Thanks you for everything.

"Horrible culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Pros

Free lunches on Friday...and that's about all I can think of as beneficial to working here

Cons

An ever-present look-over-your shoulder culture; very high employee turnover

"Management is the problem, not the employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I worked at Private Client Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of anything that stands out. However, to list a few - salaries do meet industry standards, free Friday lunches.

Cons

No work-life balance, especially for married people. Most of the days you'd be spending 9/10 hours at work and add a couple of hours of commute.
    Core Leadership hasn't seen much of a change since inception of the company. The main focus for the leadership seems to be signing up as many new clients as possible with unrealistic implementation expectations.
    The employee turn around is quite high. Most of the talented employees have been let go or they left themselves.
    Just depressing place to work overall.

Advice to Management

Value and nurture the employees more. Promote a collaborative work environment. A successful company always has employees who are proud to work for that company.

"Turns out I didn't hate working, I just hated working here."

I worked at Private Client Resources full-time

Pros

Fair salary, company lunch brought in on Fridays.

Cons

The CEO micromanages like nothing I've ever seen before. You're expected to be in your seat from 8a - 6p each day, otherwise you're viewed as a slacker. Management strolls around the office at 5:50 every Friday to check on bodies. Monotonous day to day work that continues be done manually. Work from home policies are nearly nonexistent (CEO trust issues). Just got 12-18 inches of snow? Roads look fine to management! You'd better risk your well-being and drive in so the CEO can give you a mention at the company meeting.

Extremely high turnover rate, the worst culture I've ever encountered, and firm takes advantage of employees. Avoid at all costs, I don't have high hopes for the future of PCR.

Advice to Management

Perhaps take a look at your turnover rate and attempt to draw a conclusion as to why you lose 3-4 people per month. Automate more processes, put some trust in your employees, and improve the work-life balance. The product could only get better if some effort was put into automation and standardization.

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Private Client Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since my very first day when I started my position almost 9 months ago, I can honestly say I couldn't be happier working for such a great company. The culture, the team, the management is exactly what I have been looking for in a company and I look forward to many years ahead.

Cons

Can't really think of any! I start my day with a smile and it continues all day long.

"PCR is a greate place to work"

I have been working at Private Client Resources full-time

Pros

PCR has new members of senior management team. This had a tremendous impact on work environment for the better. Work / life balance has improved drastically over past year. I believe there is an opportunity for everyone to improve, you just must be willing to put in an extra effort and time. i have witnessed myself that this company is willing to invest in the employee at any level who wants / helps company to grow and become its future.

Cons

The work at PCR might not be for everyone. This is a fast-paced environment, but the work is really interesting and there is never a doll moment. Work is challenging and yet exciting, that is why people that work there are skilled professionals.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing and invest in your employees, they are what makes up PCR.

"Happy to move on"

Pros

Most of the individuals I worked with on a daily basis are great people. The company is well received by clients, and top in peer group. Able to accomplish a lot with a small work force. Team willing to push our hardest and work together to meet deadlines.

Cons

Management can be a bit out of touch with reality in terms of product deadlines. The entry level pay is not competitive, but if you need to add the experience on your resume before getting a better job than go for it. Retirement match is very low. I would not stay here long term.

Advice to Management

Pay entry level employees better and increase benefits for all employees. Take whatever steps are necessary to reduce the inconceivable rate of employee turnover. Believe it or not, increasing employee compensation and drastically reducing turnover will actually SAVE your investors money in the long run! There are studies, and actual... DATA!

"Small-company problems, but getting better"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

Pros

-smart people who are fun to work with
    -much, much better work/life balance than in the past...normal 8-5pm or 9-6pm schedules now
    -ok to leave for dr appointment or errands, when in past, these were things that could have gotten you fired
    -better management
    -decent product

Cons

-unless you are hired for a management position, don't expect to be recognized quickly
    -small departments, so tough to advance up the ladder
    -turnover still an issue in all departments

Advice to Management

-rely on all members of the team, not just a select few
    -CEO's involvement and interaction with the team has gotten better. Has become likeable and approachable. Understand that the "loud voice, tough guy" style of management did not work and was the reason for the majority of negative reviews here. Simply be nice to everyone and you will see the turnover numbers go down.

"Culture"

Pros

Colleagues work well together and collaborate

Cons

Long hours, micro management by top tier executives. Face time more important than actual quality of work.