Privia Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 11, 2019

2.7
Shawn Morris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Entrepreneurial and looking to change healthcare" (in 6 reviews)

• "Incredibly smart and hard-working leadership and coworkers, who are also all extremely nice and easy to get along with" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are looking for a place that has work life balance, opportunity for career growth, fair compensation and a supportive culture, look else where" (in 4 reviews)

• "Many posters have talked about "high turnover"" (in 3 reviews)

"Great People and Interesting Work!"

I have been working at Privia Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Privia ultimately recognizes and rewards hard work. I've been able to grow my career and gain incredible experience over the past 3 years. There is a ton of interesting work to be done and I've gotten to work with some extremely smart and talented people. I've made some great friends and sincerely enjoy what I do. I also appreciate the relaxed and flexible work environment.

Cons

You have to be comfortable with ambiguity. Roles and responsibilities are constantly changing and so you have to be able to roll with the punches.

Advice to Management

There have been a lot of positive changes in the past year. I appreciate the focus being placed on growing talent. Keep it up.

2. "Don't care about employees or customers - bottom line only"

I worked at Privia Health full-time

Pros

Worked with some of the smartest, most driven people of my career.

Cons

Make no mistakes about it: this company is run by the investors and all that matters is shaping into a company they can sell to the highest bidder. Get used to promises made but not delivered - it is their MO for both employees and customers. Clients are leaving in droves because they feel they were oversold and forgotten. Employees leave because they are undervalued and outright lied to. Leadership is not trustworthy despite "transparency" being one of their values.

Advice to Management

Get back to being a "mission driven" company instead of a "money driven" company

Privia Health Response

Jan 9, 2019 – VP of HR

It is unfortunate that you had a negative experience as an employee at Privia. So many employee-focused policies have been put into place over the last 2 years to meet our employees where they are... More

3. "Toxic culture"

I have been working at Privia Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are sometimes free snacks

Cons

If you are looking for a place that has work life balance, opportunity for career growth, fair compensation and a supportive culture, look else where. Be prepared for a cut throat mentality and unrealistic expectations set by management.

"No employee appreciation"

I have been working at Privia Health full-time

Pros

Most employees are great people to work with

Cons

Horrible benefits
    Does not give raises even though the company is making a huge profit
    No bonuses as there were in previous years
    We used to have employee appreciation meals and giveaways and have not had that since the marketing position quit.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff.

"A good mission and smart, passionate people"

I have been working at Privia Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Privia for over three years and I truly feel that everyone in the organization believes in the mission to positively change healthcare and has the right intentions. I also love the people I get to work, across all different teams, and think that those who work here are some of the brightest, most passionate people I know.

Cons

We've grown by almost 4x since I started with the company and with that growth has come bumps and changes but I feel like everyone comes together in those moments to find the best possible solution and path forward.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with the organization and allow for flexibility and work-life balance

"Dysfunctional.company with no real vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Privia Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, casual workplace. Good location in Ballston. Some great people.

Cons

Unprofessional, inexperienced environment and staff. Under-resourced. Don’t believe the “changing healthcare” mission BS.... Privia is owned by Goldman and in business simply to make $$.

Advice to Management

Cut the BS and acknowledge what you’re in business for. Hire some people who actually know what they’re doing. Build the car before you drive down the highway. Do your research and put together real business plans before moving into new markets / products. If you really want to change health care, focus on quality not quantity.

"Absolutely Sucks"

I worked at Privia Health full-time

Pros

There are no PROS what so ever!

Cons

Employees are over worked and under paid. Positive change in healthcare. Who are you kidding.

Advice to Management

Management (ALL) need to get there facts straight.

"Their Core Values are empty words, Leadership is a Joke"

I worked at Privia Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing good about working here - Nothing

Cons

Privia Health repeatedly touts "We are a family". Anyone with a family like this should be receiving government assistance and social intervention.

Core Values: "We are They" - You're a provider who solves his/her own problems and fixes own IT issues in between patients. Customer Service is not even a blip on their radar, so don't expect any.
    "Find a Way" - As long as you don't mistake, because they wilol fire you without thinking twice.
    They do not like anyone who's smart, so if you want to succeed just nod your head, do as your told, don't think for your self - (that's what the cool aid is for). Better yet, if you are young, cute, flip you're hair during meetings and just do as you're told, this may be a good place for you. Kiss some butt and you'll be a vp in no time.
    I promise you this review will be followed by the obligatory "Privia is such a great place to work" reviews written by their leadership team and others.
    Unlike Privia Health, I care about people. That is my sole reason for posting this...to warn others and try to save some good folks a lot of grief.

Unfortunately, the ratings don't allow for less than 1. Just know they would have to make many changes in every area, department, leadership to even come close to a 1.
    I have nothing to gain by lying and you can't make how bad it is up.

Advice to Management

They aren't paying me to be their management advisor.

"Double standards"

I worked at Privia Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-work from home
    -constant supply of food
    -young environment

Cons

-drinking milk mentality
    -double standards where management wanted you there, however they were never seen
    -has complete unrealistic standards for their goals
    -super cult mentality

"A company looking to disrupt things"

Current Employee - population health in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - population health in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Privia Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Startup mentality. Not afraid to take risks and challenge status quo.

Cons

In my department, there is no solid direction for any clinical staff, and the wishes of the non-clinical startup mentality (which is everyone) can try to override patient safety or HIPAA worries.

Advice to Management

Some clinical positions are idling without medical staff direction. Focus on them or people will leave!