PrizeLogic Reviews | Glassdoor

PrizeLogic CEO Keith Simmons
Keith Simmons

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"I look forward to going to work"

Current Employee - Senior Fulfillment Project Lead in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Fulfillment Project Lead in Southfield, MI

I have been working at PrizeLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- 21 PTO days
    - 5 Work from home days
    - 10 Paid Holidays / Early release the days before a holiday
    - Understanding leadership crew
    - Free snacks/coffee
    - Team building outings are fun!
    - No micro-management
    - Relaxed/casual environment

Cons

- Work hour flexibility (only option is 8:30am-5pm)

Advice to Management

Introducing flex schedules would be nice. :-)
    Keep it up with the team outings/special office events--keeps it fun!

May 10, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you so much for this positive review and we are so glad you love it here! We appreciate your feedback on the fun events and the perks we offer. We think you are probably also pleased that work... More

2. "VP, Business Development"

I have been working at PrizeLogic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent working environment where all work teams get along well

Cons

would be nice to add some more in-office fun to make this place cool place to work

"Worked at PrizeLogic full-time"

I worked at PrizeLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some REALLY Cool people, great food for staff, catered friday lunches, flexible with time off. THey take good care of you if they like you

Cons

friendship clicks. if your not a friend your always under microscope, certain Directors are not as help full as they could be

Advice to Management

I guess Management likes how things are going. :(
    They should start a mentor program for those who fall behind. In the Web Dev Industry.

May 10, 2018 – Director of HR

We truly appreciate your honest feedback about your experiences with us. We are very committed to helping everyone on our team find success in their careers. While we don't have a formal mentoring... More

"Current Employee Review"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Project Lead in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Project Lead in Southfield, MI

I have been working at PrizeLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PrizeLogic is a very warm and welcoming company. Employees are always ready to bring on a new team member with a smile and are more than willing to help you learn what you need to know in order to be good at your job. An open environment creates opportunities for employees to feel comfortable to continue to ask questions, shadow and do whatever they need to do to succeed. Excellent PTO, Friday company lunches, early release on summer Fridays, holiday celebrations, fun work activities and great culture.

Cons

There are offices across the country which all communicate and work together to keep the company operating at such a fast and efficient pace.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a positive and encouraging energy that makes employees feel wanted and welcome.

5. "A Family of Co-Workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at PrizeLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great group of people that love to work hard and play hard. I have been impressed at how many people have been here for a long time - doesn't usually happen in this type of company. The PTO policy and flexibility are great options too.

Cons

Geography is a challenge but it won't be forever. Each location operates independent of the others but it's clear leadership is working on that.

Advice to Management

Keep working toward product process improvements that will allow us to grow!

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at PrizeLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - Working with big brands
    - Young/friendly professionals as coworkers
    - Great company perks- outings, Friday lunches, early leave on Fridays
    - Casual dress code

Cons

- Not many opportunities to grow here
    - Work schedule flexibility
    - Workload varies from week to week, one week you are busy and the next there is not much to do

""Solid workplace with some drawbacks""

Former Employee - Interactive Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at PrizeLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fully stocked kitchen
    - Decent PTO pool, with flexibility if you've hit your limit
    - Interesting projects
    - Friendly and supportive co-workers
    - Great place to learn and grow

This is an excellent work environment for developers who are just starting out, or people who are looking for an easy, stable gig long term. Decent benefits, and a friendly atmosphere. I learned a lot from the assortment of projects I was given during my time there. Very laid back, casual work environment, and the bonuses are very generous most of the time.

Cons

- Bad developer retention rate
    - Management can be poor
    - Focus on making money on tight deadlines, sometimes at the expense of the developer
    - Pay is below market rate
    - 5 work from home days policy is absurd

Management tends to rely on a handful of developers to do the more difficult projects. It's an agency so expect good times and bad times. Pay is bad considering how much money the company makes on every project. Bad processes for implementing new technologies. Don't work "too" hard or the company will exploit you, doing the status quo will keep you happy long term if you don't want to be overworked.

Advice to Management

Have a better process for implementing new technologies into the stack. Train your team appropriately, and hire new talent when you need it instead of pushing your team to learn things too quickly. Spread the workflow more evenly across all developers, don't depend on a few for the "hard stuff". Stop investing in front end application libraries. You're rendering a portion of your back-end useless, and the tech doesn't make sense for one-off promotions. Stick to what you're good at.

Jun 23, 2017 – Director of HR

We genuinely appreciate your review and feedback. Thank you for confirming the many perks we offer to our employees - we love our team atmosphere and are proud that we can offer so many a stable, fun... More

8. "Great team, great vibe!"

I worked at PrizeLogic full-time

Pros

The team in LA is a smaller office compared to the rest of the organization, but has a great team and culture, with a passionate about growing the business and servicing its clients. Great focus on training and development!

Cons

It's hard to be a 'remote' team member, but the team makes it work.

Jun 7, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with PrizeLogic. Smaller offices can certainly feel disconnected at times but it is always your local team members that make the daily... More

"A fantastic, supportive place to work"

Former Employee - Interactive Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at PrizeLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong inter-department communication, challenging and varied assignments, lots of experience and support for new developers to draw from, relaxed dress code, flexible schedule, performance-based bonuses, open office, full kitchen, company lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Open office (it's both good and bad), PTO "pool" which is usually fine but can be unfriendly to those with small children, no 401k matching, work-at-home is discouraged.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the 401k policy. The bonuses are nice, especially if you are young and on the run from job to job, but for those of us looking to establish a solid foundation for retirement, it can be a turn off.

Jun 2, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are so glad to hear you had a great experience as an employee of PrizeLogic. We are very proud of the experiences we offer and try to make the time... More

"Great company for Devs"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at PrizeLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, good perks, great talent that you can learn and grow from. Management is proactive and helps you move forward. Lots of PTO, bonuses, and even some pretty cool parties.

Cons

It can be a bit difficult to get up to speed when first starting out - there's a lot to know that has legal ramifications. There's lots of manual processes that are around that (eventually) could be automated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!