Pro Search Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2019

Found 9 reviews

4.4
Edward S. McKersie
  1. "Wonderful company that cares and works for you to succeed"

Former Employee - IT Help Desk in Portland, ME

I worked at Pro Search full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with ProSearch was a great experience that has gotten me to where I am now working a fulltime IT job that I have been very happy with. What makes it even more amazing is that one of the recruiters (Tim H) actually reached out to me personally and presented this opportunity. It was at the perfect time because I was just nearing the end of my classes and about to begin my search. They have all been extremely helpful...

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that contractor positions can be temporary (ie 6 mo term, 12 mo etc) but from what I hear from others is that Pro Search will work with you to find another position if you aren't fully hired by then. I did not have to deal with this personally but Pro Search strives and wants you to become fully employed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what is being done and having opportunities to meet others within the company.

Pro Search2019-03-28
  2. "An Amazing Professional Company with Compassion"

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Portland, ME

I worked at Pro Search full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have their act together. They are small enough to be personal and large enough to secure great career opportunities at top-notch companies. Truly wonderful people that care.

Cons

If I had to give one, they are small and may depend on people instead of process. Example is I think they have one payroll person, and if that person is away things can be delayed.

Advice to Management

Add another Payroll person! And keep up the fabulous job!

Pro Search2018-04-06
  3. "Their service is simply amazing!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, ME

I have been working at Pro Search

Pros

I recently moved to Portland and have been having a hard time finding a new job even with my degree. One weekend I sent Mary Warren my resume and cover letter, and the next weekend I had a job!

Cons

There aren’t any cons. Pro-Search was quick, direct, efficient and worked with me and the employer to create a timeline that worked.

Advice to Management

Mary Warren needs a raise for being so good at her job.

Pro Search2018-02-17
  4. "Outstanding Support"

Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Portland, ME

I worked at Pro Search full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the past 3 years I have worked closely with Todd Chamberlain, Kathleen Parker and Sarah Davies on 2 contracts as well as Sarah helping me land a direct hire position. Each of them have consistently gone above and beyond advocating on my behalf for competitive compensation rates, offering benefits (when eligible) and most importantly was there for me when I needed a voice in the workplace. I am very grateful for...

Cons

It's to be expected that every business has areas they can improve in. I honestly don't have a "con" on why someone would not want to work with Pro Search.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management would be to consistently and truly acknowledge and appreciate all the hard work the staff at Pro Search does on a daily basis. All the long hours, endless calls and emails that are exchanged to connect the right fit of Client/Contractor relationships.

Pro Search2018-02-15

"Pro Search, Inc., Positively Professional!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at Pro Search

Pros

Working for Pro Search is more than just a job. The company culture promotes a positive, supportive, working together mantra, knowing that as a team everyone achieves more not only in a progressive global sense but also in a work satisfaction sense. I would recommend our team of professionals in a heartbeat and have on more than one occasion! They are hard working, dedicated professionals who love what they do...

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None.

Pro Search2015-07-14
  6. "Experience different office settings and jobs"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Portland, ME

I have been working at Pro Search for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance because you determine whether or not you wish to accept an assignment.

Cons

Starting pay is $12 an hour

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on behalf of temps

Pro Search2015-03-22
  7. "Well deserved reputation"

Current Employee - Contract IT Professionals in Portland, ME

I have been working at Pro Search for less than a year

Pros

This recruiting and staffing firm has a well deserved reputation in Maine for treating job seekers, their client companies and their own staff like real people. Very low turnover and many people within the industry would love to work there. Casual, but fast paced, workplace.

Cons

low turnover makes it nearly impossible to get a job here. The staff enjoy what they do and have great home/work balance with work from home option.

Pro Search2012-09-05

"No Contact"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Portland, ME

I worked at Pro Search

Pros

A job when I needed it.

Cons

No Contact after hire. Salary for same job all over the place. I got paid 18.00 and another got 20.00 and another 22.00 etc.

Advice to Management

Say hi! Once in a while..and maybe a job review and raise after a year.

Pro Search2016-10-23

"Disappointing Lack of Professionalism and Employee Support and Followup"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Portland, ME

I worked at Pro Search full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid relationship with several local companies. Locally Based

Cons

Management seems detached from their professional contractors. Some recruiters incredibly unprofessional, lacking followup, followthrough and seeming to lack experience. I lost all trust in this company.

Advice to Management

Value those who are keeping your business successful and not only you're sales/recruitment team. More check-in with those you contract/sub-contract and place. Know the product you're selling to your client companies, get out of the office more. Hold recruitment staff accountable

Pro Search2019-01-24