Pro Staff Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Eugene Cutolo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Team environment is promoted within all the brands (in 6 reviews)

• Pro Staff is a very team oriented company that has been an amazing company to work for (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to mention terrific company (in 5 reviews)

• Too much overtime, too high internal employee turnover rates, very low pay for the amount of responsibility and hours (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company Invest in Teams"

Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had a great experience working for Pro Staff. In general they care a lot about their employees and everyone works very well together. Fast paced, team oriented environment. Everyone seems to genuinely want others to succeed. Great culture. Upper management is very approachable.

Cons

No cons as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue to value your employees and you will be a success.

Oct 5, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff. This is the type of experience is what we hope all of our employees have!

2. "Decent Company"

I worked at Pro Staff part-time

Pros

Work whenever you want as long as you call in if they have a position open, you usually get it

Cons

Doesn't understand that life happens, if you're regularly scheduled for a job and if something comes up, they don't care.

Advice to Management

Learn to talk to your employees with respect and not like they're tools for you to use whenever you want

3. "Great Place to Start No Growth"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

You learn a lot. whether that is sales for working in a branch or HR practices while working at an onsite. Great for networking! I met and continue to meet a lot of new people. Celebrations are fun.

Cons

Though the celebrations are fun the Branch side of Pro Staff and the Onsite side are two different entities it feels like. Onsites rarely get invited to celebrate with the higher management.
    There is no room for growth.
    Pay is not the greatest. you get paid a low salary and are expected to work overtime. You do get a bonus every month but its not something you can really plan on. Some months its great others its enough to get one weeks worth of groceries.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Sometimes we want to be recognized as individuals not just a generic great job team! It is very impersonal.

Nov 3, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff. I'm glad to see that you have been learning a lot with us, but it is disappointing to see that you feel there is not the room for growth you were... More

4. "First review"

Current Employee - Assembler
    Current Employee - Assembler

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Very professional at their jobs

Cons

None at this point in time

Sep 1, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

I am so glad to see that you have had such a positive experience with us. Thank you for your review!

5. "Business Development Manager"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

I love working with other motivated individuals and being rewarded for a job well done. I have the freedom to be creative and do my job in a way that works best for me.

Cons

The very tight talent market makes it difficult to find the perfect candidates for your clients.

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review of Pro Staff! We are glad that you love what you do, are motivated, and feel appropriately rewarded!

6. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, high energy, exciting opportunities!

Cons

Challenging labor market currently.

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff! I am so glad to see that you enjoy your job and your team, and feel there are opportunities with us!

7. "Shipping and receiving clerk"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Great place to work when they has work

Cons

Slow right now need work

Advice to Management

Need more work

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review! It is always nice to hear when someone has a great experience with us!

8. "Good place to start"

Former Employee - Talent Manager in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Talent Manager in Edina, MN

I worked at Pro Staff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

During my 3 years at Pro Staff I worked with some of the best people, most who I am still friends with today.

The work can be rewarding in the sense that you are helping people find jobs.

It's an amazing learning experience in business practices and professionalism.

"Unlimited PTO"

Cons

Unfortunately, there are many.

In order to work internally with the company (as a Talent Specialist) you have to start as a temp employee with no guarantee of hire. This comes with low pay, no PTO and expensive healthcare benefits. Your official start date isn't until you're a permanent employee. So, I worked one year as a temp then was hired. After working there for two years, I had my one year celebration and got to attend new hire orientation (yes, literally two years after I started)

As a salaried Talent Manager, you are expected to work well over 40 hours per week and it is drama if you don't. The schedule is absolutely not flexible as you are required to work 7a-4p or 830a-530p. If you work 10 hours in one day, don't expect to be coming in late or leaving early the next. However, if you have an appointment you are expected to make up missed time.

Professional dress - required of all employees at all times. This is expensive and can be stressful.

"Unlimited PTO" when you're approved to take it. Some managers are more flexible than others. This is a new policy in 2017. Kiss any saved PTO hours goodbye - no one got paid out for what they had saved. And since this policy was announced in 11/2016 it was really too late in the year to use much.

Holiday work. The office always has to be open the day before and after holidays. You'll get the actually holiday off though, so that's ok.

Technology. Pretty sure they're still running Windows 98. No upgrade in sight. Also no work from home option.

In 2016 my office was the third top producing office. Because I left in Jan 2017 I was not part of the celebration of my teams success. Although we were successful and had higher financial numbers than the past 5 years, we were constantly berated by upper management to work harder, faster, longer. Whatever you do, it's never good enough.

I know people hired directly into the Talent Manager role were offered a higher salary than mine. Learning that, was the straw that broke the camel's back. When I tried to negotiate my starting salary I was told it was non-negotiable. - my advice here, do not be as naive as I was. This is always negotiable.

Advice to Management

You're not winning any loyalty by bashing millennial aka the majority of your employees.

Gain some empathy. Spend a day back in a TS or TM role to really see how hard your employees are working. Lazy people don't stick around long here.

9. "Business Development Manager"

I worked at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Great support from VP and President. Ongoing training

Cons

No cons to mention terrific company

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff! I am so glad to see you had such a positive experience with us!

10. "0 stars would be appropriate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pro Staff full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None at this time. It is making me write a 20 word minimum despite having zero positive things to say.

Cons

It made me give a star rating, but that is not what I want! I had a negative experience where a recruiter wrote in nasty complaints to get full timers fired so they could replace them with their candidates. I went from having a decent environment to a toxic environment. I left work crying every day wondering when my last day would be. This recruiter was so unprofessional and even made public confidential information of temporary hires. I will never recommend Prostaff to anyone because of this 1 person.

Advice to Management

Do research on who you hire.