Pro Staff Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Eugene Cutolo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great place to work when they has work (in 3 reviews)

• Weekly pay; Treated equally; normal working hours (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to mention terrific company (in 4 reviews)

1. "Business Development Manager"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

I love working with other motivated individuals and being rewarded for a job well done. I have the freedom to be creative and do my job in a way that works best for me.

Cons

The very tight talent market makes it difficult to find the perfect candidates for your clients.

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review of Pro Staff! We are glad that you love what you do, are motivated, and feel appropriately rewarded!

2. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, high energy, exciting opportunities!

Cons

Challenging labor market currently.

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff! I am so glad to see that you enjoy your job and your team, and feel there are opportunities with us!

3. "Shipping and receiving clerk"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Great place to work when they has work

Cons

Slow right now need work

Advice to Management

Need more work

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review! It is always nice to hear when someone has a great experience with us!

4. "Good place to start"

Former Employee - Talent Manager in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Talent Manager in Edina, MN

I worked at Pro Staff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

During my 3 years at Pro Staff I worked with some of the best people, most who I am still friends with today.

The work can be rewarding in the sense that you are helping people find jobs.

It's an amazing learning experience in business practices and professionalism.

"Unlimited PTO"

Cons

Unfortunately, there are many.

In order to work internally with the company (as a Talent Specialist) you have to start as a temp employee with no guarantee of hire. This comes with low pay, no PTO and expensive healthcare benefits. Your official start date isn't until you're a permanent employee. So, I worked one year as a temp then was hired. After working there for two years, I had my one year celebration and got to attend new hire orientation (yes, literally two years after I started)

As a salaried Talent Manager, you are expected to work well over 40 hours per week and it is drama if you don't. The schedule is absolutely not flexible as you are required to work 7a-4p or 830a-530p. If you work 10 hours in one day, don't expect to be coming in late or leaving early the next. However, if you have an appointment you are expected to make up missed time.

Professional dress - required of all employees at all times. This is expensive and can be stressful.

"Unlimited PTO" when you're approved to take it. Some managers are more flexible than others. This is a new policy in 2017. Kiss any saved PTO hours goodbye - no one got paid out for what they had saved. And since this policy was announced in 11/2016 it was really too late in the year to use much.

Holiday work. The office always has to be open the day before and after holidays. You'll get the actually holiday off though, so that's ok.

Technology. Pretty sure they're still running Windows 98. No upgrade in sight. Also no work from home option.

In 2016 my office was the third top producing office. Because I left in Jan 2017 I was not part of the celebration of my teams success. Although we were successful and had higher financial numbers than the past 5 years, we were constantly berated by upper management to work harder, faster, longer. Whatever you do, it's never good enough.

I know people hired directly into the Talent Manager role were offered a higher salary than mine. Learning that, was the straw that broke the camel's back. When I tried to negotiate my starting salary I was told it was non-negotiable. - my advice here, do not be as naive as I was. This is always negotiable.

Advice to Management

You're not winning any loyalty by bashing millennial aka the majority of your employees.

Gain some empathy. Spend a day back in a TS or TM role to really see how hard your employees are working. Lazy people don't stick around long here.

5. "Business Development Manager"

I worked at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Great support from VP and President. Ongoing training

Cons

No cons to mention terrific company

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff! I am so glad to see you had such a positive experience with us!

6. "0 stars would be appropriate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pro Staff full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None at this time. It is making me write a 20 word minimum despite having zero positive things to say.

Cons

It made me give a star rating, but that is not what I want! I had a negative experience where a recruiter wrote in nasty complaints to get full timers fired so they could replace them with their candidates. I went from having a decent environment to a toxic environment. I left work crying every day wondering when my last day would be. This recruiter was so unprofessional and even made public confidential information of temporary hires. I will never recommend Prostaff to anyone because of this 1 person.

Advice to Management

Do research on who you hire.

7. "Not the company they used to be"

I worked at Pro Staff full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None anymore, it's a different company now.

Cons

Since President retired the company is not the same. They no longer value their employees and have lost most of the key players due to the culture change. After being a loyal employee for many years, I was excited to see how much more earning potential there is with competitors. Their bonus structure is extremely lacking.

Advice to Management

Remember what Clay built

8. "Be Aware"

I worked at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Pros? How much time and effort has Pro Staff spent creating false ratings from fictitious employees?

Cons

Pro Staff has no concern for its employees, makes promises it never intends to keep, and complicates the relationship with actual employer. Pro Staff says they will place perminent employees, but not so fast. You are first obligated to six months to a year with Pro Staff. Then the employer must buy your contract. Second, Pro Staff placement counselors do not have adequate education or training. They are merely young uneducated girls who have found a place to "hang-out" at the expence of serious employers and job seekers. Lastly, read your contract! Find out where our loyalties lie. Your actual employer is not who you work for. Pro Staff is in the business of interfering with your working relationships or any agreements you may have with your working employer. Pro Staff must validate their fees even though such fees are unwarranted. Every job that has ever been offered through a temp service was their before the temp service took its cut. Pro Staff, for example, doesn't create any job. So make no mistake, Pro Staff isn't in the least bit interested in your well-being. If it isn't for your ID card these office girls wouldn't know nor care who you are.

Advice to Management

How could anyone offer advice to a company that clearly doesn't care?

9. "Great company to grow with"

Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Celebrate individual and group successes, employees are promoted from within the company, great support from management, ability to learn and grow, work hard play hard type of environment, great monthly bonuses!

Cons

May need to work longer hours.

"Fun family environment!"

Current Employee - Talent Manager
    Current Employee - Talent Manager

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team atmosphere! This is the most supportive work environment I've ever been in.

Cons

None come to mind. I'm challenged to grow, but also given the tools and support to do so, so I can't complain!

May 16, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

We strive to go above and beyond for our employees! We enjoy providing challenging work environments that allow for unlimited growth potential. Thank you for your feedback!