Pro Staff Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Eugene Cutolo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Team environment is promoted within all the brands (in 6 reviews)

• Pro Staff is a very team oriented company that has been an amazing company to work for (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to mention terrific company (in 5 reviews)

• Too much overtime, too high internal employee turnover rates, very low pay for the amount of responsibility and hours (in 3 reviews)

1. "Excellent culture, great learning oppurunity, and potential for advancement"

Former Employee - Operations in Central, MN
    Former Employee - Operations in Central, MN

I worked at Pro Staff full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for Pro Staff in operations for 10+ years out of college. I learned many business skills and was able to obtain promotions. I really enjoyed that you reap the benefits of your word work . Excellent co- workers!!! Excellent PTO policy, you can't beat it. Excellent work events!

Cons

In recent years the company has grown substantially and lost the feeling of "owning your own business". However this did bring more advancement for opportunities across the U.S. It was great experience overall and I owe my career growth to this company.

Advice to Management

Keep the Pro Staff culture!

Dec 6, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

I am so glad to see that you had such a positive experience working with Pro Staff! We thank you for your tenure with our company, and for the feedback you have provided.

2. "Too many hours; not enough recognition"

Pros

I worked with many great people at Pro Staff, many of which I am still friends with today. I learned about about employment laws, and all aspects of recruiting, employee engagement and employee coaching.

Cons

Like some of the other reviews, I agree in that you are expected to work 50-60 work weeks - especially if you are a Talent Manager or higher. If you are working at one of their onsites, you are expected to basically be on call 24/7 for the client. There is little to no career advancement, and when your orders start to fall short, it's your fault - even if the client's business isn't what it used to be.

Advice to Management

Break down the cliques between the onsites and the branches. Recognize all of your employees - not just the ones who fit into the "Pro Staff mold." Be respectful of the temps you are bringing onboard.

Dec 6, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Your feedback is important to us and I want to assure you that this has been read and escalated to the appropriate Human Resources Representative. If you would like to discuss further please contact... More

3. "Inconsistency in management structure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

When they need labor they would do anything to get you through the door.

Cons

1) Racist: retention is based on classic racial problems prevalent in MPLS. Priority to Caucasian, then African Americans then immigrants last. Immigrants are tolerated to the level Pro Staff has a shortage of labor. They are always the first to be laid off. Very few immigrants get long term - or direct hire contracts.
    2) I did not know who my immediate bosses or supervisors were. I seemed to respond to a million people and when I asked actually the dispatching office was offended. 1st experience not knowing my chain of command. BIZARRE...

Nov 21, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for this information, we take this very seriously and would like for you to contact humanresources@advantageresourcing.com to discuss this further.

Atterro supports affirmative action... More

4. "Decent Company"

I worked at Pro Staff part-time

Pros

Work whenever you want as long as you call in if they have a position open, you usually get it

Cons

Doesn't understand that life happens, if you're regularly scheduled for a job and if something comes up, they don't care.

Advice to Management

Learn to talk to your employees with respect and not like they're tools for you to use whenever you want

Dec 6, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review of Pro Staff. It is disappointing to see that you did not have the experience you had hoped while working with us. I want to assure you that we have the utmost respect for... More

5. "Great Place to Start No Growth"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

You learn a lot. whether that is sales for working in a branch or HR practices while working at an onsite. Great for networking! I met and continue to meet a lot of new people. Celebrations are fun.

Cons

Though the celebrations are fun the Branch side of Pro Staff and the Onsite side are two different entities it feels like. Onsites rarely get invited to celebrate with the higher management.
    There is no room for growth.
    Pay is not the greatest. you get paid a low salary and are expected to work overtime. You do get a bonus every month but its not something you can really plan on. Some months its great others its enough to get one weeks worth of groceries.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Sometimes we want to be recognized as individuals not just a generic great job team! It is very impersonal.

Nov 3, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff. I'm glad to see that you have been learning a lot with us, but it is disappointing to see that you feel there is not the room for growth you were... More

6. "Great Company Invest in Teams"

Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had a great experience working for Pro Staff. In general they care a lot about their employees and everyone works very well together. Fast paced, team oriented environment. Everyone seems to genuinely want others to succeed. Great culture. Upper management is very approachable.

Cons

No cons as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue to value your employees and you will be a success.

Oct 5, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff. This is the type of experience is what we hope all of our employees have!

7. "First review"

Current Employee - Assembler
    Current Employee - Assembler

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Very professional at their jobs

Cons

None at this point in time

Sep 1, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

I am so glad to see that you have had such a positive experience with us. Thank you for your review!

8. "Business Development Manager"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

I love working with other motivated individuals and being rewarded for a job well done. I have the freedom to be creative and do my job in a way that works best for me.

Cons

The very tight talent market makes it difficult to find the perfect candidates for your clients.

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review of Pro Staff! We are glad that you love what you do, are motivated, and feel appropriately rewarded!

9. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, high energy, exciting opportunities!

Cons

Challenging labor market currently.

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff! I am so glad to see that you enjoy your job and your team, and feel there are opportunities with us!

10. "Shipping and receiving clerk"

I have been working at Pro Staff full-time

Pros

Great place to work when they has work

Cons

Slow right now need work

Advice to Management

Need more work

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review! It is always nice to hear when someone has a great experience with us!