ProBuild Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Marchbank

1. "Extremely poor"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Dolores, CO
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Dolores, CO

I worked at ProBuild (Less than a year)

Pros

Would not recommend to my worst enemy FIND DIFFERENT JOB

Cons

Worst management I've ever seen no safety enforced

Advice to Management

stop treating good workers like crap and get of your high horse

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ProBuild (More than 5 years)

Pros

very laid back, work without someone standing over you. Okay work / life balance, monday - friday for the most part. Benefits are ok

Cons

Do a lot of work with no credit and very little money. No support from upper management , its a good stepping stone, but not where to stay for long term

Advice to Management

Get out to the stores/yards and really see whats going on.

"Replenishment Planner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ProBuild full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was full of optimism, with goals and ambitions for market dominance, I felt like I was part of a new company on the verge of being a market leader. There were bright, helpful people and the opportunity to learn new skills.

Cons

After the buyout by Builders First Source, all that optimism is gone. BFS is run by grandparents who haven't the slightest idea what to do with this "new fangled" internet, with these "upstart" kids talking about "big data" and "connectivity".

Advice to Management

Retire the senior management and let your grandkids take over. The 1970s are not the way to run a business in the 21st century. If you refer to your ordering system as "Online" you're in trouble.

"Unorganized, and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA

I worked at ProBuild full-time

Pros

The only good thing about this company is you get benefits and 401 K.

Cons

Dixieline Lumber Co. is a very unprofessional place to work. You are basically just a number to them. There computer system is from 1913. The Managements lack of communication, and the lack of training employees correctly is the reason why I no longer work there anymore. There's a lot of favoritism and I can see why there is a very high turn over.

Advice to Management

More like ADVICE to the CEO of Probuild. PAY ATTENTION to whats going on in your Company. CHANGE your management Immediately. MANAGEMENT is the reason why your stores are closing down.

"Bad leadership. Great employees"

Former Employee - Manager - IT in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager - IT in Denver, CO

I worked at ProBuild full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't work there any more is the best thing. The lower level people are great. They just need to know what the plan is and they'll "get er done".

Cons

Leadership is clueless. First the CEO known as tiring tide rob. Now builders with poor communication no plan. Took eps leader in probuild and put him in lead integration role. Now it's the clueless integrating the clueless

Advice to Management

Get rid of probuild leadership. Mainly integration leader. Communicate and create a plan

7. "IT Business Analyst"

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Denver, CO

Pros

Many great individuals that are capable of improving the organization.

Cons

Lack of strategy, communication and culture clash. This company has never been able to decide what it wants to be and to execute on it. The only benefit to the acquisition by BFS is that they know what direction they want to go. The problem is that you have a bunch of people at Denver HQ who fundamentally disagree. Get everyone on the same page and you'll be more effective.

Advice to Management

Don't keep good professionals around if you aren't going to listen to them. Admit you are an old school, good ol boys organization and cut loose the people that are trying to innovate, ask hard questions and bring the industry into the modern age.

8. "Truss assembler"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Pros

Liked the actual job because I am very physical and like to work with my hands... But I would not recommend it to anyone who is of another religion

Cons

Horrible management and employees.. I got fired because I am Muslim and one of the employees had a problem with that and of course was friends with the manager

"There is no IT future here. Incompetent upper management lost Probuild to acquisition by BFS"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at ProBuild full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DTC location, decent pay, bonus, which now only exists for mid-management and higher ranks, vacation time (used to be). Smart co-workers.

Cons

In only several years at Probuild IT, I have worked for 2 CEOs, 2 CIOs, a few CFOs, several VPs and directors, and a number of mid managers. Turnover is high. IT used to have smart software and other engineers, however, they are mostly gone now due to the following factors:
    previous and current management is vastly incompetent in what IT needs to look like as well as its functions. They were never able to align IT with business. Replacing CIOs did not help as they would normally bring their entire entourage with them, which would take a year to settle and the next year to leave the company after not being able to make any difference or play politics with each other. As Probuild being acquired by BFS, the future looks even worse for IT - BFS has almost no IT force, and they are not interested in expanding it. BFS IT is a tiny group of engineers maintaining a very old 1990s mainframe application, which surprisingly made it into 21 century. Mentioning ways of modernizing new company's applications strikes fear in BFS executives - there is no budget for anything other than maintaining their ancient mainframe application.

Advice to Management

It is already too late to attempt to retain any knowledgeable engineers in Probuild/BFS due to merger and how it was handled by BFS. However, if BFS wants to foster some sort of IT organization, they would need to establish an IT culture first. If not done, then they will be just another lumber company out there.

10. "Not a great place to work at this time"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO

Pros

Flexible schedule. Ability to work remote in some departments.

Cons

Morale is currently very low. Lots of uncertainty during this time of transition (acquisition by Builders First Source) . People are leaving left and right.

11. "Probuild terrible group to work for"

Former Contractor - Desktop Support in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Desktop Support in Denver, CO

I worked at ProBuild as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Is located in the DTC ara

Cons

This group was one of most unprofessional IT organizations Ive ever seen.