ProBuild Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Builders First Source is a taste of 1987 from a technology perspective (in 9 reviews)

• Good folks to work for, however the new upper management seemed to make many costly mistakes (in 15 reviews)

"Great Experience, Bad Management"

Former Employee - Human Resources Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at ProBuild full-time

Pros

I loved working in such a professional work environment. I learned a lot of the corporate world.

Cons

I was asked if I would be willing to take on a section of the business for the entire company. At the time I felt comfortable with my work, so why not show them what I was made of? It was so overwhelming (the amount of work, not the complexity) that I was unable to keep up with my regular tasks at work and caused me to make more and more mistakes or at least not get things done. They fired me even after I was staying late by 2 hours most days and hardly ever asked to get overtime. I just wanted to complete my work. I was one of the hardest working employees and it came as a shock when I was let go. The following weeks they started firing 5+ year employees and fast. A lot of the people I worked with were let go shortly after I was. Apparently the company was being sold, but they didn't tell anyone this.

Advice to Management

Be straight up with your employees. If your company is being sold and that's why you're getting rid of people, be honest with them. It can really do a number on their self-esteem.

"You can find better!"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sanford, FL

I worked at ProBuild (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, great people to work with and the benefits (Insurance, sick days, holidays,etc) are pretty good.

Cons

They will push you and suck out of you all that they can within a work day but THE PAY DOES NOT MATCH THE WORK!!! It's an "ok" trucking job while you search for something better. Overall, the moral sucks, most people there absolutely hate their job and are either searching for something else or they're stuck..

"Bonuses"

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ProBuild full-time

Pros

When I started working for probuild I didn't know what to expect, but after meeting the staff and the plant workers, it turned out to be a good company.

Cons

It seemed to me that the last run of probuild benefits, prior to being bought out and taken over by builders first source were structured by the company to benefit those within the upper echelon rather than those that really needed good benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the people that make up the majority of people in the company and stop being hypocritical when it comes to notice of termination vs quitting.

"probuild"

I have been working at ProBuild part-time

Pros

hours, people are fun to work with, learn a lot

Cons

builders first source acquisition of probuild, loss of benefits, horrible computer system

"Credit Underwriting"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Aurora, CO

I worked at ProBuild full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was very lucky in I had a superior supervisor and work was fun

Cons

We got bought out and my job was transfer - - - all part of life

Advice to Management

I feel we had good systems at ProBuild and BFS did not review them - our way or the highway.

"Run away. Run!!!"

Former Employee - Delivery Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Delivery Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at ProBuild full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime, and a lot of it. You work hard and in a fast paced environment. Your doing a lot of mindless work and repeative motion.

Cons

Loading and unloading bulk materials. Unorganized and multiple communication problems! Temps are onsite. Lots of people don't care about their responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Hire people with strong skill sets and a drive to work and ideas to change processes for the better. Instead of having the mindset of this is how we have always done it. Better equipment and tools to do the job would help as well. People work as hard as they are compensated.

"Senior Treasury Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at ProBuild full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great talent and survived the downturn in construction with a variety of successful methods throughout the company and supportive ownership. Good benefits, salary, bonus package and leadership.

Cons

Challenges with multiple ERP systems, the company was always changing with multiple projects and could be stressful with numerous competing priorities.

"production forman"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at ProBuild full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

chances of advancement. decent benefits and 401k

Cons

Management is not steady lacks knowledge of the things they are managing and doesn't support their employees.

Advice to Management

Get a steady plan and back up your employees to reduce turnover.

"Excessively Average"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ProBuild (Less than a year)

Pros

Not difficult, pay is ok.

Cons

Very stale environment with little opportunity for growth. Since being acquired by BFS they have made basically every cost cutting move they can.

"Unorganized, and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA

I worked at ProBuild full-time

Pros

The only good thing about this company is you get benefits and 401 K.

Cons

Dixieline Lumber Co. is a very unprofessional place to work. You are basically just a number to them. There computer system is from 1913. The Managements lack of communication, and the lack of training employees correctly is the reason why I no longer work there anymore. There's a lot of favoritism and I can see why there is a very high turn over.

Advice to Management

More like ADVICE to the CEO of Probuild. PAY ATTENTION to whats going on in your Company. CHANGE your management Immediately. MANAGEMENT is the reason why your stores are closing down.