ProHealth Care (WI) Reviews

Updated May 21, 2020

ProHealth Care (WI) President and CEO Susan Edwards (no image)
Susan Edwards
Pros
Cons
  • "Unfortunately, the new upper management has turned the focus away from patient care and on to business profitablility(in 6 reviews)

• " cutting costs (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Patient Registration Representative

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI) part-time

Pros

Third shift was great, very busy from start of shift for a couple hours, then very slow, then picked up at end

Cons

Some of the doctors were less than friendly, most were very nice.

ProHealth Care (WI)2019-08-12

August 26, 2019Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your review of ProHealth Care! We value your positive attitude.

2. "Patriarchal leadership"

Former Employee - Advanced Practice Provider in Waukesha, WI

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI) part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are no positive comments to share.

Cons

Patriarchal leadership with no respect for talent or contribution. More administrators than health care providers at this organization. The patient is no longer at the center which is so sad. It is an environment of disrespect that starts at the top and poisons the culture. Definitely NOT an employer of choice.

ProHealth Care (WI)2020-05-22
  3. "Disappointed"

1.0

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI)

Pros

Not much to say other than fellow employees were good to work with

Cons

Employees are just a number

ProHealth Care (WI)2020-02-29
  4. "Supportive Community"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at ProHealth Care (WI) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personable and knowledgeable therapists, High paced work environments, friendly staff, supportive community,

Cons

-Not much room for growth for senior therapists - pediatric outpatient needs support in the medical billing side

ProHealth Care (WI)2020-01-14
  5. "Strangling bureaucracy hindering progress"

2.0
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Waukesha, WI

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great front line staff that have the passion to do the right thing and help

Cons

More time is spent doing duplicate or triplicate documentation in multiple places than the time it takes to make an update or fix. Treating EMR same as IT changes is not appropriate and is keeping Prohealth from leading the area in functionality.

ProHealth Care (WI)2019-11-06

November 11, 2019Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your input. The health of our organization is important as we can continue to grow, add people and technology to expand our services to better serve our employees and the community. Our level of documentation is tied to regulatory requirements, patient safety and EMR and IT technology. The leadership team at ProHealth Care welcomes feedback related to challenges or barriers our employees experience. Problem-solving and evolving with technology is something we do well. If you would like to share insight you feel would be helpful in improving the employee experience, please reach out to HR to discuss so we can explore your specific concerns. Our door is open!

6. "Quality healthcare, little incentives to retain employees"

Former Employee - Critical Care Technician in Waukesha, WI

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice facilities, great training, average pay, little commute if in Waukesha area

Cons

Little to no incentives for picking up shifts, short staffing

ProHealth Care (WI)2019-10-17

"My experience with PHC in the beginning was very positive but it changed over the years."

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved my co-workers. Good people make a company great, not fancy buildings.

Cons

Never felt valued by management. Pay didn’t reflect my skills or dedication.

ProHealth Care (WI)2019-10-01
  8. "Good part time job"

Former Employee - Health Fitness Specialist

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI) part-time

Pros

Good part time job at West Wood health and fitness

Cons

Low pay, late/ early hours,

ProHealth Care (WI)2019-09-18

"Poor upper management - expect no pay increases once you start"

1.0

I worked at ProHealth Care (WI)

Pros

Started out fine but not much room for advancement unless you are a brown moser. Was there for several leadership changes in my unit. Pay is good for starting but don’t expect it to increase as the reward people lower in the pay ranges to get them to middle faster. I was there for more than 5 years and each year got great performance reviews that ended up being less than 2% increase each year.

Cons

So much negativity in my unit and people got fired for speaking up. Watch out who you trust in this organization!

ProHealth Care (WI)2019-07-26

August 26, 2019Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your input. Our culture is very important to us. So much so, we recently launched our behavior expectations that are lived every day by our leadership team. Your characterization of upper management does not align with our pillars of respect, relationships, communication, collaboration, and excellence. If you would like to share insight you feel would be helpful in improving the employee experience, please reach out to HR to discuss so we can explore your specific concerns.

"Don't fall for the bait."

2.0
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative

I have been working at ProHealth Care (WI) full-time

Pros

The only good thing is the company does pay well. Just not well enough for the headache.

Cons

All they care about are numbers, too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Open door policy sucks.

ProHealth Care (WI)2019-07-01

July 26, 2019Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your input. The financial health of our organization is important so we can continue to grow, add people and technology and expand our services to better serve our community. And, as you shared... pay our people well. Our culture is also very important to us. So much so, we recently launched our behavior expectations - with our pillars of respect, relationships, communication, collaboration, and excellence. If you would like to share insight you feel would be helpful in improving the employee experience, please reach out to HR to discuss so we can explore your specific concerns. Our door is open!

Found 151 reviews