ProMedica Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randy Oostra

Pros
Cons
  • too concerned with property acquisitions lack of leadership Low pay compared to other states unrealistic staffing paradigms (in 7 reviews)

• Short staffed, speed training to get nurses on the floor, to many on call hours (in 6 reviews)

"n/a"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at ProMedica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to move throughout the company

Cons

the company is only located in ohio

"Working conditions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at ProMedica part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly staff very good benefits

Cons

Short staffed causing potential safety issues with patients so they can make more money! Pay below average.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be required to work areas in hospital so they know what its REALLY like. Most have no idea
    ehat goes on.

3. "Just what I needed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at ProMedica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ProMedica is in a huge growth phase that has lead to wonderful opportunities for many, including myself. There is so much opportunity to contribute to not just a team, but the system as a whole, as well as the local community. Leadership is engaged and fairly transparent. Senior leadership is truly vested in community health.

Cons

With growth, obviously there are growing pains. Also, as with many non-profits, there is a opportunity to be more proactive, rather than reactive.

Advice to Management

Keep the community health a priority and take care of your employees and things will continue to move upward.

5. "ProMedica"

Current Employee - Support Coordinaor in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Support Coordinaor in Toledo, OH

I have been working at ProMedica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The health insurance is great

Cons

The employee satisfaction is low.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee satisfaction instead of finances. I am well aware that health care is a huge business, however, for a company with access to so many resources, why aren't you investing more into your employees? So many current employees are looking elsewhere outside of ProMedica due to earning significantly lower salaries compared to our competitors.

6. "leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at ProMedica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for an organization that truly cared and was passionate about what they did, providing the best health care services for their patients. I also loved the ability to connect with the community and the encouragement to be intimately involved.

Cons

The leadership of the function I worked for was short sighted in their thinking and was more interested in navigating politics than furthering the organization.

Advice to Management

I would suggest management take care of their high performers and not reward the individuals who navigate the political climate to their advantage.

7. "RN"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Fremont, OH
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Fremont, OH

I have been working at ProMedica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small units with family atmosphere

Cons

small community hospital hinders personal and professional growth

8. "Forward Thinking, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Analyst II in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst II in Toledo, OH

I have been working at ProMedica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ProMedica offers many benefits to its employees. There is a UT/ProMedica Scholarship, tuition scholarships to area universities and colleges, great wellness programs to keep us healthy and a nice working environment. They are always moving forward and seem to be ahead of the game and how healthcare is changing.

Cons

Some of the leadership isn't too keen on conflict resolution or becoming a mentor. There have been multiple "re-orgs" in the last 5 years.

Advice to Management

Give changes time to be learned and to work. Constantly changing can't always be good. Take time to listen to your worker bees before making large decisions that affect how we work.

9. "A good but rigid employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at ProMedica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ProMedica is largest employer in area, with jobs available throughout a wide geographic area, with a variety of positions from medical/RN/LPN/PA-C, CNP, clerical assistants, entry-level jobs, professional/business running the company.

Cons

They are downsizing staff with unexpected terminations or group buyouts for people to retire early. Yet they seem to be investing a lot of money in construction and expansion into non-medical arenas,

Advice to Management

Make sure you have adequate staffing.

"Radiology Director"

Current Employee - Radiology Director in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Radiology Director in Toledo, OH

Pros

Large orgn, multiple levels, multiple locations. opportunities to move around if the location is not suitable. Multiple lines of business other than acute care. Committed to community action and partnering with local agencies to make a positive impact in community.

Cons

lean orgn, difficult to communicate effectively, lack of standardization. Limited educational advancement opportunities. Capital equipment funding process non existent.

"Marketing comm. employee/Terrible leadership"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toledo, OH

I have been working at ProMedica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My co-workers are great. We vent to each other which really helps us survive the long hours required to work here.

Cons

TERRIBLE corp execs who are inbred (they hire their friends & kids, many lack experience yet are running a former great org into the ground.) They are completely out of touch with dept. employees--oldest corp. ones act like they're completely above everyone else. They make way too much money for Toledo market ($300k min.) yet call themselves not for profit. AWFUL attitude towards patients and longtime employees! They've laid off the best people they ever had including a lady in our dept who'd been here 30 yrs. Horrible morale throughout company now & getting worse by the week. My mom was a patient last month and had worse care ever at Toledo hospital. Disgusting, yet our health care costs in Toledo among highest in state. Why doesn't the board or Blade get a grip on these execs and reveal this current corruption??

Advice to Management

Clean house/corp execs are totally out of touch with aging patient needs and their employees! New Sylvania bldg is HORRIBLE for people not feeling well and elderly (much too big) and doctors openly express there frustration too! Stop caring more about buildings than about people! Employees who gave you decades of great service were tossed out on the streets well before they could retire. How is this helping the local economy?