ProSight Specialty Insurance Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2020

2.6
ProSight Specialty Insurance CEO and President Larry Hannon (no image)
Larry Hannon
Pros
  • "Overall is not worth the damage to your health and work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Employees' well-being is ALWAYS a top concern for management and the company culture is like none other I have ever experienced(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Obnoxious sociopath upper management - you will be ridiculed and screamed at if you do not drink the kool aid(in 5 reviews)

• "Forced to work weekends and long hours(in 4 reviews)

"Great place for intellectually curious people"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been at ProSight since the early days. I love this company because I like to learn, I like to ask questions, I like to work hard and be rewarded for hard work. Not in a “fluffy way”, or in the way all companies say we work hard, play hard – but really, actually put in time and effort. Successful ProSight’ers like to be challenged and are proud of what we have built and the culture we protect every day. Letting people who don’t think like us or who don’t want to really work smart tend to self-select out, because they don’t fit. People who are disgruntled on glassdoor, are people who didn’t fit. They call it koolaid - I call it commitment to this tribe we have built. I call it a place where innovation and thinking outside the box is applauded and bureaucracy is limited -- IF you are good at what you do. If you aren’t good at what you do, you will be micromanaged, you will be questioned and you likely won’t feel like you fit in, because we don’t have patience for people who don’t want to work as hard as the rest of us. For anyone coming to glassdoor to find out what it is like to work at ProSight, find out for yourself. Don’t rely on a group of people hiding behind a computer to explain it to you. Instead you should Interview here. Ask questions. Dig deep. Connect with our teammates on linkedin. Form your own conclusion. Then accept our job offer, because if you do your job as well as you would have interviewed us, you WILL fit in here.

Cons

Not everyone will make it because we believe in protecting our culture.

Continue reading

"Out of touch - Stay away"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Profit-first company means you might end up with decent comp but even that has faded away and is reserved for Sr. Leaders only. Bonuses are done behind closed doors, everything is nebulous. including PTO, so Sr. Leadership can grab as much for themselves as possible and blame others for any issues that might arise.

Cons

It's unapologetically a profit first company (all over the earnings call and websites). This means you are not the top priority. It's that simple and it is so insanely out of touch. They load you up and have you crank out work until you give up, then they fire you and find someone new. Turnover at this company is crazy and people literally just disappear Growth and development, HR support, manager or executive support is non-existent and is almost a joke at the company. They just lean on 'own your career' as a way to protect themselves. Not recommended for someone who wants to be a team and part of something great. You'll just end up being a disposable income earner for the execs until you burn out. The company is insanely out of touch with how to help, support and grow employees. I would strongly suggest staying away. Spent a few years there stressed out and treated really poorly and only really realized this once I left and joined a normal, caring company again.

Continue reading

"Just awful, steer clear"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Modern office space with on site gym.

Cons

Conference rooms with glass walls, so everyone can share in the berating behind closed doors. This place has seen tremendous change in past year (new CEO, CCO, and turnover that would shock any normal organization). They are talking about a reorg in claims now, great. Many more will be gone, I'm sure. Every time they lose claims adjusters due to termination or resignation, work loads increase. There is no saving this company, nothing will work. Employee morale is beyond repair in this "culture of fear." Wrong people get recognized and promoted. The most turnover seems to happen in HR, always a red flag. That department has no touch to any of our employee base at all. New CEO is capable, but too far removed from my world to possibly make a difference.

Continue reading

"Looks nice at the beginning, but would not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Okay pay and benefits. There are opportunities for on going training. Some really nice people work there. On-site cafeteria and gym is nice.

Cons

Management is not great and the turnover is high. There is animosity between departments. Decisions happen without explanation and employees are often blindsided. Favoritism is very evident and bias is clear. They have very manual and frustrating systems to use. False promises are made.

5. "Good So Far!"

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been good thus far so I am contented.

Cons

There is no downside so far.

"It looks nice but it is not"

Current Employee - Claims

Pros

Office location and nothing else

Cons

I worked at a well known carrier and regret leaving. If you plan on having kids, a mortgage, ,or a life you should look elsewhere. I talk to my manager and send emails for approval but get ignored.

Continue reading
  7. "Great company to help you grow if your plan matches theirs."

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture is unique for corporate setting.

Cons

Salary doesn't match workload always.

"Great culture and a chance to make an impact"

4.0
    Current Employee - Communications Director in Morristown, NJ

Pros

Positive culture: team members strive to be the best and want to work together to deliver the best results for the company. Entrepreneurial spirit: even though the company is approaching 10 years in business, there is still very much a start-up mentality, which is exciting for someone like me who comes from legacy companies. Impact: If you want to make a difference in your job, ProSight's size and performance-driven culture fosters an environment where everyone can contribute to the success of the company Development: Even if you don't come from insurance (like me) ProSight invests heavily in your professional development

Cons

The flip-side of working in an entrepreneurial environment is that you may not have all the resources of larger, more established companies. However, this reality also gives you the opportunity to build your role/function from the ground up.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Legal

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time

Pros

High Salaries (they have to get you in somehow, but not worth your sanity)

Cons

Everything about this place is a disgrace. The company is slowly crumbling as people realize how crazy this place truly is. Everyone mentioning the kool-aid mentality is 100% right - and if you dont fall into it, HR plots a way to force you out of the company, claiming you werent a "fit". There is zero management experience - they promote based on whether they like you or not, doesnt matter what background or years of experience you have. The culture is all a hoax, they claim they care about their employees but there is ZERO work life balance. Training is a joke. All these "positive" responses are coming directly from their own HR and Marketing teams - dont fall into their lies, stay far away from this place.

"Fast-paced close-knit culture"

5.0

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The speed and abundance of work will make days fly at ProSight, you’ll look up and it will be 4 o’clock on Friday before you know it. Those with a strong work ethic who don’t mind wearing multiple hats will have no issue fitting in here. - Uncapped PTO - Excellent recognition program - Lots of internal promotions - Frequent office events (e.g. happy hour)

Cons

The speed of work and tight deadlines can lead to the advancement of projects/initiatives before they are fully vetted/reviewed.

ProSight Specialty Insurance Response

March 13, 2019HR

Thanks for the five stars and sharing feedback about your ProSight experience. We are happy that you highlighted our strong work ethic and the investment in our recognition program and benefits.

Found 66 reviews