ProTrials Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Come Join Us!"

Current Employee - Clinical Project Manager
    Current Employee - Clinical Project Manager

I have been working at ProTrials Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One month in and I love it! The best onboarding experience I've ever had! It couldn't have been more ideal.

Cons

The hiring process was quite lengthy in nature.

"I like working at ProTrials"

I have been working at ProTrials Research full-time

Pros

My Line Manager listens to me. They work with me to help if something is a problem. I like the company culture- it feels relaxed, makes me want to work full-strength.

Cons

Nothing significant that I can think of.

"Discouraging place to work"

Current Employee - Cta in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Cta in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ProTrials Research full-time

Pros

Some nice, hard working people

Cons

All of the negative reviews on this page are absolutely true. Here are some more cons:

- Things were said during the interview that are untrue (room for growth, office culture, etc.) Confirmed by at least 2 other CTAs.
    - It's apparent that CTAs will never become real CRAs here, which causes a lack of motivation. Only one CTA has become a real CRA in the past 20 years.
    - Management tries to retain CTAs by promoting them to Sr. CTA at 1 year, but the work is the same and there is nothing new to learn.
    - Poor resourcing causes high turnover for CTAs and CRAs. Management doesn't know what to look for when hiring CTAs. People with experience are not going to join ProTrials due to low pay.
    - Absolutely no office culture. Management doesn't seem to understand that office culture is one of the most important factors in retention.
    - Since ProTrials is a private company, there are few opportunities for employees due to lack of money/funding
    - Management will do everything they can to make CTAs bill their hours to the sponsor instead of ProTrials.
    - Conversations are timed if they are not work related. Management tracks time in and time out with the badges they provide to employees. It's obvious that manager(s) make rounds to see if employees are at their desks. This creates a toxic work environment and causes people to become unhappy.

Advice to Management

- Management needs to stop treating CTAs like children.
    - Employee reviews should include feedback from people they work with instead of just from PMs. Part of being a good employee is knowing how to work well with others - whether they are under the same sponsor or work on the same study. This may prevent employees from treating their colleagues poorly and will help them work better as a team.
    - Management needs to loosen up and have some fun!

ProTrials Research Response

May 23, 2017 – ProTrials Research, Inc.

We are disappointed to hear about your experience while working at our organization. ProTrials values its employees and opportunities for career growth and development. We have current and ongoing... More

"A Place of Excellence"

Current Employee - Management in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ProTrials Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

values employees, supports work-life balance, strong leadership, positive company culture

Cons

company is growing and it will be important to build the infrastructure at the same pace.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong leadership and stay inline with the company core values!

"CRA"

I worked at ProTrials Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company with impressive goals.

Cons

Small company with groups of 'clicks' that cover each others errors - including Project managers who do not take responsibility for their own mistakes.
    Line managers do not confirm details before surprising the CRA on their yearly evaluation with details which are not valid - and details are not changed even after proof is provided of errors.

Company owners will tell you that they want to know when things are amiss in the company. Not true... they tend to defend the 'clicks' although evidence is provided to show that supervisors are not doing their job properly.

Several employees have departed recently due to the behavior mentioned here.

Advice to Management

Stop unethical practices that cover for 'friends'... Operate the company based on the goals that are presented.

Sep 7, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

We are disappointed to hear about your experience while working at our organization. ProTrials values mutual respect, integrity, and encourages our employees to demonstrate a professional and... More

6. "Great Company"

Pros

Laid back, good food!!! Energetic team and colleagues. General gret working atmosphere.

Cons

Better training structure is vital!

7. "Clinical Research Associate III"

Current Employee - CRA III in New York, NY
    Current Employee - CRA III in New York, NY

Pros

very good place to work.

Cons

you have to work hard to get promoted

Advice to Management

none

"phoney vibe.... too much gossip"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Assistant
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Assistant

I worked at ProTrials Research (Less than a year)

Pros

The snacks. That's about it.

Cons

If you're not upper mgmt, you will never be heard..oh and they have/had thee WORST benefits.

Advice to Management

hire a new crew

9. "Excellent Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

ProTrials stands by its core values. Senior Management promotes a positive, energetic, and learning atmosphere. They greatly value their employees and encourage feedback. I would highly recommend working for this company.

Cons

No Cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! :)

"Unprofessional, pretends to listen to your needs, but in reality they don't."

Former Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant
    Former Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant

I worked at ProTrials Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros other than the usual overload of snacks. Some good team members with good experience. Mainly the assistants and CRAs.

Cons

Being a team player doesn't always mean the same from upper management. Lead by example. Even when given a professional 2 week notice, their M.O. Is to walk you out on your 1st week.

Workload tends to be large for some of the assistants. Mentoring program only works if the majority of assistants can stay longer than 1 year.

Advice to Management

None. Will not listen anyways.

ProTrials Research Response

Apr 10, 2015 – ProTrials Research, Inc.

ProTrials appreciates your feedback and is committed to continued improvement of our processes.

Your experience is not the norm or current process for employees who have decided to pursue... More