Procter & Gamble Reviews | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Reviews

Updated April 20, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • With a brilliant work life balance, the culture is all about supporting each other to win together (in 340 reviews)

• P&G makes a serious investment in employees (in 424 reviews)

"Opposite Policy"

Former Employee - Technician in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Technician in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits received from day one.

Cons

Extremely racist. If you do not know someone that already works there, you're screwed. Your benefits are given to you from day one, but are not allowed to use a sick day the first SIX MONTHS! Please don't waste your time in Iowa City. The pay is not worth your misery.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with employees & know what is going on.

2. "Not a good place for contractors"

Current Contractor - IT Contractor in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Contractor - IT Contractor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a good company to work for if you are a permanent employee. Some seem to work hard and some regulae hours. I think this is comparable to many corporations.

Cons

I worked long hours like a 22 hour day then needed to come in the next day. I was scared that I would get into a car accident. I work around the clock and am amazed at how haywire the system I am working in is. I seem to be given an contract for a job which is really tough. I have little support, no documentation and am told to hurry up. Even if full timers are responsible the contractor will be scapegoated. I was told several times I was behind even though I was waiting on a P&G team to finish work.

Advice to Management

Contractors are real people too. I hope the job marker improves so people like myself can be free to find a better opportunity.

"No heart"

Current Employee - CMK Associate Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - CMK Associate Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have a desk and a chair with good back support.

Cons

Selfish and shallow people selling overpriced junk to unsuspecting Americans. Lack of vision and purpose from leadership.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.

"procter & gamble not the best place to work"

Current Employee - Packer in Vandalia, OH
    Current Employee - Packer in Vandalia, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

use to let me work 76 Hours a week now only 40

Cons

its horrible going down hill completely

Advice to Management

If your gonna pull a co worker to the side and tell him he has a bright future with the company then stick to your word

"The Real Problem With P&G"

Former Employee - Senior Scientist Group Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Scientist Group Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very intelligent, capable employees. Great benefits. Remarkable opportunities to learn. Generally employees are empowered and trusted (although sometimes trusted too much).

Cons

P&G has for a long time had a crisis of ethics. The Company principles and values statement itself is very well constructed and admirable. But it isn't followed. Moreover, it is regularly ignored. Part of the problem is incentives. Due to the rating systems whereby one is strictly rated against departmental peers, loyalty and work to advance a department is rewarded more than work to advance the Company's interests. One might think departmental interests and company interests are one in the same, but often they are not. Departments champion specific projects, often in competition for funding with other departments and projects. Yet there is little to no real incentive to cooperate among departments. As such, Directors strive to advance "their agenda" at the expense, sometimes, of the agenda of others.

This leads sometimes, to very serious problems such as covering up mistakes and censoring criticism that might reflect badly on departments or the way a department works for the greater corporate interest. Moreover, my experience was that it is very likely that one will literally be punished for pointing out a weakness or shortcoming in a departmental effort even if making that shortcoming known was literally the only way to advance the greater business interest.

Of course, these problems have solutions. Higher level management can put in place very specific incentives for inter-departmental cooperation to achieving measurable higher-level corporate goals. It is not hard to do with a little thought. Sadly, during my time at P&G the idea of inter-departmental co-operation was given 'lip service', but was never made seriously actionable.

It was fun to work at P&G for many years, but in the end I did not find it to be a company that came anywhere near to realizing it's stated principles and values.

Advice to Management

Wake up.

7. "Production"

Former Employee - Production Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard worker, always on time and love taking care of the customers.

Cons

When customers are upset about something but it's my job to assist them and I like it.

Advice to Management

Work hard and do a good job to move up In the business.

"Golden handcuffs"

Current Employee - Plant Technician in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Plant Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, Benefits, 401K are top notch if you were hired prior to 2004.I have been working at P&G for 24 years and you can retire a millionaire running a packing line!

Cons

Reduced pay,benefits and 401K if you are hired after 2004. Rotating shifts,a lot of overtime, poor work/life balance,too many managers,mismanaged, discrimination on many levels,you have to drink the kool-aid and brown nose to get promoted or off line roles, anemic union, too much paperwork, If ______ could fly,this place would be an airport! Too much BS!

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Run the business. Eliminate rotating shifts. Follow the union/management contract! Stop the shenanigans!

"Keep looking at other jobs unless you are desperate."

Former Employee - General Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Charlotte, NC

Pros

You get paid every other week. Job security since they can't find anyone else to work. Plenty of hours since they are understaffed.

Cons

No room for advancement or chances to earn more money. Lots of hours and demand as they don't have enough employees.

"Culture going downhill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Procter & Gamble (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay rate is good for no degree, OT opportunities.

Cons

Rotating shifts, forced OT because of poor planning, horrible management. Oh and benefits are much worse now than 5 years ago.

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are human.

"Since acquiring Gillette they have never been the same."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of intelligent and hardworking people. Breath of fresh air to work with people who understand in seconds.

Cons

Nothing is the same and the employees are moving blind to "get to retirement" if they can. It is paralyzingly. BS master marketerers to their own employees.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone well and you won't have a network of millions who are purposely not buying product. Stop using foreign exchange as an excuse and simplify your affiliate accounting.

Showing 87 of 4,587 reviews