Procter & Gamble Reviews | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Reviews

Updated May 19, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • With a brilliant work life balance, the culture is all about supporting each other to win together (in 344 reviews)

• P&G makes a serious investment in employees (in 432 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance in operations is difficult (in 294 reviews)

• Slow decision making leading to delays (in 238 reviews)

"Not as good as it use to be. Would not recommend to a friend."

Current Employee - Plant Technician in Mehoopany, PA
    Current Employee - Plant Technician in Mehoopany, PA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Semi stable company.
    Ok retirement.
    Top brands.

Cons

Cost cutting last 2 years has created low moral for core teams. Management keeps reducing staffing and increasing work load on employees. Teams are very stressed. People are burnt out both physically and mentally. When brought up to management they respond with that's the way it is. Health care is terrible anymore. But the CEO does get a nice bonus every year though.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people making the products.

"Mix emotions..."

Former Employee - Certified Forklift Operator in Wilmer, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Forklift Operator in Wilmer, TX

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours we are able to get on top of our regular hours, are great when you need to take care of extra business.

Cons

The staff don't appreciate the work you do for the company, don't take our concerns into concediration... Not organized, NO HR team...

Advice to Management

As a company can do alot better with the word we us oh so often, (team). Communication needs some work, from staff to employees. Night shift don't see management as much as we should when it comes to the Change on night shift. Night shift feel like we are on our own when we need things done, NO ONE hears our cry for help...

3. "Technician"

Current Employee - Electrician in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Electrician in Boston, MA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice people. Great systems and ideas.

Cons

Cult-like. Technicians are screwed, managers don't care. Systems and ideas are followed only sometime.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job.

"Company is old fashion, that follows the good ole boy system, and perception vs performance is the norm."

Current Employee - B2 Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - B2 Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is willing to invest in its people and in its businesses and wants to continue to grow the company in markets we compete in.

Cons

Company shows too much favoritism and does not hold people to the same standard. Nepotism and the good ole boy system runs the company, and if you think differently than the majority then you are rated mediocre and treated like an outcast.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the good ole boy system, treat everyone like they are valued, like we promote around the world, fix the rating system to make it standard vs letting friends rate people higher than their work deserves. Value employees work life balance, it is unacceptable to expect people to work 24/7. Make coaching and mentoring a real thing vs print on paper, today its fake and pointless unless you have the friend in the room when it's ratings or promotion time.

5. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has great benefits, culture and people

Cons

Work life balance is very inconsistent

Advice to Management

Be consistent with employees and work life balance policies

"Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Mason, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Career opportunities
    * Decent benefits (although they get cut every year)
    * Huge company with far flung operations offers just about any type of job under the sun
    * Given the scale of the operations, there are many opportunities for lateral moves

Cons

P&G is trying to become a "normal" company. In doing so, they stage regular layoffs, refuse to raise salaries, reduce benefits, hire more experienced people from the outside. This quickly erodes the goodwill and the loyalty of the long-time P&G'ers that traditionally had been the bedrock of the company's success. Today's P&G is a shadow of it's former self. Unclear guidance from management doesn't help. Employee feedback is hardly ever taken serious. In some sections (F&A, logistics, IT) P&G has pretty much become a career-prevention company.

Advice to Management

Make up your mind: if you want to become a regular hire and fire company, then do it. But realize that with a location like Cincinnati that means you will not get the top talent you claim to be looking for.

"Attorney"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Work from home one day/week.

Cons

Small cube, slashing benefits, industry low bonuses, politics.

Advice to Management

Value your employees.

"Bad Apple"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Apple Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Apple Valley, MN

I worked at Procter & Gamble (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean bright space. Beautiful locations with environmentally responsible product. Decent pay for the type of job available.

Cons

Poor management of the franchises. Disinterested owners. Poor office setup, no fax, no scanner, nor willing to work with county social workers so employees can maintain daycare assistance. No daycare, no employees. Stupid simple. Manager told me to "eyeball" the money in the cash register. "I just guess what's in there." Manager picked which customers they would redo or pre spot clothing for (pre treat or rewash if stains didn't come out) based on whether she liked them or considered them a pain or not.

Advice to Management

When you have an employee asking to have forms filled out for the County/State, it isn't something you don't put on the backburner and NEVER fill out. Do it. Priority issue.
    Hire management based on actual capability of being able manage and run a location, not just fake it. Losing customers due to poor management and crappy attitude leads to money going elsewhere.
    When you have an employee who has a child that was just diagnosed with cancer, don't be passive aggressive and show a little compassion, even if that employee can no longer fulfill their end of the bargain and needs to leave to handle their personal life.

"Meh... pass on it if you find something better."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Mostly solid values, good quality people, generally good training for your next job.

Cons

P&G is a struggling business and has all the shortcomings associated with it. It's been years since this behemoth made any real progress that was not associated with cutting itself into smaller pieces. If you have a choice, go find a job where the business is growing and there is optimism. Here it feels like everyone is phoning it in until retirement, next best offer pops up, or they get sold off.

Advice to Management

Hey David... find a way to cut the bureaucratic culture. For real, not just the standard lip service. If you don't, there is no way this company is ever going to do more than it is today. Big, slow, and constantly struggling to keep up.

10. "OK place to work"

Former Employee - Plant Technician in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Plant Technician in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Decent pay. You are able to acquire one week more of vacation every 5 years. Flexible schedule unless on shift work.

Cons

Company hires kids right out of college and makes them mangers of different programs. Most have no life or work experience.

Advice to Management

Need to hire more project managers and less engineers. Also putting young engineers in charge of million dollar projects with no real experience is not good business.

Showing 245 of 4,756 reviews