Procter & Gamble "p g" Reviews | Glassdoor

Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews about "p g"

Updated Dec 28, 2019

4.1
Procter & Gamble Chairman, President and CEO David S. Taylor
David S. Taylor
1,737 Ratings
Pros
  • "People at P&G are known for being top-notch, they’re always happy to help regardless of their ranking in the company(in 502 reviews)

• "value based, great work life balance(in 499 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance should be improved(in 436 reviews)

• "algumas pessoas com a mentalidade muito fora da P&G(in 408 reviews)

Reviews about "p g"

Return to all Reviews

"High Impact Internship, Top-Notch Team"

Former Intern - Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble for less than a year

Pros

- People at P&G are known for being top-notch, they’re always happy to help regardless of their ranking in the company. They will advocate for you, they will make time for you, they will teach and coach you because they want to see you succeed and give great results - All of the projects I was given dealt with problems that people that had been working there for years had not figured out so you’re able to enter with fresh eyes and tackle the problem. They give you room to take ownership of your work - Workers don’t see you as an intern, they see you as a contributor so they absolutely value your opinion and insights - Unlike some internship programs, they do give full-time offers for interns who earn the offer at the end of the summer and they give you almost two months to accept - Culture is a mix of working hard and caring about personal life - Lots of professional and personal development to help you grow as a leader and build a long career - Very competitive pay

Cons

- Intern events were drinking-heavy. It felt like a frat and not very professional - A lot of recruitment from Midwest schools so the internship team wasn’t very diverse - Diversity retention is a big issue - Cincinnati is not the best city, city is going through heavy gentrification and the river is very polluted

Procter & Gamble2019-09-24
  2. "An excellent company to work for."

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Flexible schedule, meaningful work, manageable workload, friendly people, excellent pay, decent benefits. Working at P&G hits every priority.

Cons

This is the best company I have ever worked for. No cons.

Procter & Gamble2018-12-20
  3. "Was founder and CEO of midsize company serving most blue chips companies in the US."

EVP in New York, NY

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Looking to make a big impact. Always looks for the next big idea, Can Increase turns of inventory, GM, lower cost via strategic plans. Proactive and always looks for opportunities. Can help increase overall net profits via innovative tactics.

Cons

In large company like P&G , any change will take longer time to achieve due to scale , but in the long run , it will be helping to effect positively the shareholders value.

Procter & Gamble2018-10-31

"Product Supply Engineer with 5 years experience"

Former Employee - Packaging Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation and benefits. Vacation was ok. That was pretty much it. A handful of people were genuine and great to work with.

Cons

Where do I begin. Little to no innovation or improvement, due to a culture of same think and a propensity to risk aversion. As an experienced hire it was difficult to utilize background and experience to get any new ideas across to coworkers let alone management. Not technically satisfying at all. Felt like an engineer only in title. Material babysitting and supplier manger. I felt that 20 years ago I would have fit in better as more tech and innovation was being done internally. Now is all project management no critical thinking. Culture of same think was really strong because most employees had little to no work exposure outside P&G. If you don’t fit the same think model it’s hard to get ahead. Culture-Most people are there for great benefits and compensation. Everyone felt in it for them selves not the team. This was a very disappointing experience for such a large company with a great reputation. Great reputation (same think) Terrible work life balance. Everyone alway on email and on call. Lots of management with no real engineering experience making engineering decisions. Lots of travel. Culture of me versus not we. The idea of a leader is the loudest one in the room is the alpha... it was a everyone needs to insert themselves in the discussion. Super competitive to the point where you can’t trust peers.

Procter & Gamble2018-08-07

"Started my career"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for less than a year

Pros

P&G is the quintessential American company. Instant name recognition, lots of prestige from working for such a large company which feels good to tell to your friends and family. Great pay, great benefits and work-life balance. My manager cares about me being happy doing my job, that I find it fulfilling and of course that I produce.

Cons

Hours can be long because in sales you are driving all over the place and sometimes you find yourself driving home at 7 or 8pm only to do it all over again the next morning.

Procter & Gamble2018-03-22

"P&G is a great company to work for though not as great as it has been in the past."

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

-The people -The (historical) culture (PVPs, culture of innovation, etc.) -P&G does the right thing. There is never a concern about being put in an ethical dilemma.

Cons

-Decision making is exceedingly slow, often requiring elevation to Director or even VP level for relatively inconsequential decisions. -Uncertainty in the business and most recently Board of Directors has led to a more risk-averse attitude stifling technological and commercial innovation.

Procter & Gamble2018-02-24
  7. "P&G - the pro-family company"

Current Employee - Administrator in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

-P&G truly believes in work-life balance. It is not just an HR directive, but a value that is encouraged throughout the company regardless of your position. -Excellent benefits. Also, if you live in the Cincinnati area there are tons of healthcare providers that take P&G's insurance since so many people are employed by the company. Additionally, they recently improved their maternity benefits to include 16 weeks of paid maternity leave. -Since the hiring process is stringent, if you are ever let go there is a very good chance you can be hired on again at a different place in the company. -The company prefers to "hire from within." If possible, they will choose to grow a current P&G'ers career instead of looking for outside talent.

Cons

-Though in general the work-life balance is amazing, there are certain areas of the company that put high pressure on the employees to perform and upset the work-life balance (i.e. Design and Marketing).

Procter & Gamble2018-02-02
  8. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Student Contractor in Mason, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience . I learnt a lot .I was a graduate student and working as part of a department co-op agreement with P & G .

Cons

Did not really feel team spirit . Was most times isolated . This is understandable because I was only working 2 days a week so was assigned to special projects

Procter & Gamble2018-01-26
  9. "Good and Bad"

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

I learned a tremendous amount working at P&G, and have found having the company on my resume has been invaluable.

Cons

My colleagues and I were significantly overworked and underpaid, and watched each other time and time again get pushed into a career track we didn't necessarily want due to cuts and reorgs, as well as in some cases not be allowed to advance up because of hierarchical politics. Also, if you're looking to advance your career in the company, you need to be prepared to go to Cincinnati for a role at some point. If you're not willing to go to Cinci, you will eventually max out on opportunities for professional growth.

Procter & Gamble2018-01-25
  10. "P&G cares about you, it's a family !"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

P&G cares about it's people. Whether you are an intern or full time employee, you can tell how much the company is willing to invest in you to see you reach your full potential.

Cons

I had no cons at my internship

Procter & Gamble2018-01-01

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 714 reviews