ProctorU Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
ProctorU CEO Scott McFarland
Scott McFarland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great for college students & those looking for flexible hours (in 6 reviews)

• Flexible schedule and friendly proctors (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is rarely ever open positions to move up while still being part time and going to school (in 8 reviews)

• Offices are being moved over seas and test takers are having issues communicating with the non native English speakers (in 8 reviews)

1. "Protor"

I worked at ProctorU full-time

Pros

Great People, great co workers

Cons

Can be under staffed at times

2. "Good for what it is, but definitely not a long-term option."

Former Employee - Proctor in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Proctor in Folsom, CA

I worked at ProctorU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are all really good people. It's a frustrating job and everyone is suffering through the issues, but it's good because at least you know everyone is having the same frustrations you are so it's easier to roll with.

Cons

The equipment they use is ABYSMAL. Nothing ever works, and a good chunk of the job is impossible due to computer errors, mostly originating on ProctorU's end. I'm so glad I'm no longer dealing with their daily tech issues that were always the same and never got fixed.

Also, they're exporting a TON of the labor overseas, so it's not only a frustrating job, it also feels like a total sinking ship with no real future career-wise.

Advice to Management

None. It's a service I thought wasn't very good before I started working there (I used it in college), and after putting in almost two years and seeing it up close and personal it only reiterated to me why it's a bad service. I'll just be sure not to use them if I ever go back to school and get my masters.

3. "ProctorU"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at ProctorU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment; great for young people.

Cons

Catty female saleswomen; high turnover rate.

"This Company Is On Point"

Current Employee - Marketing in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at ProctorU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work environment, both friendly and positive people to work with, and good direction and leadership. Executive team is very open to suggestions and always willing to listen. Getting what you need to do your job well is easily gained. ProctorU hires from within to grow individuals in their strengths, and that builds positive energy and trust within the company.

Cons

Internal communication could be much stronger. Too many projects either get sidelined or placed on hold while you're waiting for something to shift from another department. That waists too much time when things could be constantly moving rather than the ups and downs in production

Advice to Management

Continue to grow in the right direction, hire the right people to work smarter not harder, dish out more incentives and benefits to get noticed by brighter people.

5. "ProctorU"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Hoover, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Hoover, AL

I have been working at ProctorU part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule since I'm a full time student

Cons

Most hours during midterms and finals, when I have my own tests to study for.

"Making its way downhill"

I have been working at ProctorU part-time

Pros

Co-wrokers can make the environment fun, were allowed to have our dogs in the office as well, pretty cool.

Cons

When it slows and school is not in session hours die out, extremely hard to get Full-Time with all the outsourcing. Outsourced offices are held to different standards than stateside offices. "Fun pillar" is non existent.

Advice to Management

The CEO and board of the company really need to think about their employees, and the relationships with their institutions. Its not fair when you have hard working stateside proctors that bust their butts to do great quality work and were being passed over for overseas employees who do half done work. Don't expect your proctors to continue to care about the company if you don't care about them. We get its cheaper to fund overseas, but a lot of us have been working long and hard and nothing is becoming available to those who want it. Your company is being poached by others and you're losing good workers because you simply don't care. Get it together.

7. "Proctor"

I worked at ProctorU part-time

Pros

Job is not complicated at all

Cons

Schedules you for hours that you said you couldn't work

8. "not easy"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at ProctorU (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people

Cons

Some of the worst communication

Advice to Management

Communicate, and Fix Morale/.

"My experience, Great start, unjustified end."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Livermore, CA

I worked at ProctorU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent work hours and schedule. Fun environment to work in. Excellent personalities of other employees.

Cons

Communication was flawed at times when dealing with error reports in my previous position.

Advice to Management

When one of your highly producing employees feels discriminated and under appreciated and wants to speak with you personally about these issues, they should feel like your door is always open to feedback and to assist with any issues that they may be having whether those are internal or external. Being led up to a management position and considered one of the more trusted employees in the office, it is alarming when another employee, who only meets standards and does not go above and beyond, is rewarded as to what seems to be favoritism from senior management in my office. As a final note, when two of your workers are having a conflict, there should be a third party mediation to refrain from any form of favoritism with the involved parties.

"If zero stars were an option I would have selected zero"

Former Employee - Unknown in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Unknown in Birmingham, AL

I worked at ProctorU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company puts up a good front on advancement, growing business, and industry leaders. I'm required to type twenty words.

Cons

Overpaid incompetent management team that is incapable of producing anything that works. Favoritism is a must if you want to succeed. Almost every employee / c level has no work experience in their current position, thus the propaganda of growth is false. Stay away until it hopefully gets sold.

Advice to Management

Sale Sale Sale. Let more competent people manage your once leading industry idea of the past.