Professional Advantage Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Unprofessional organisation"

I worked at Professional Advantage full-time

Pros

Some of the people that work there are great.

Cons

Management and senior management like to bully staff or know that bullying is happening in the work place and do nothing about it. It is not a motivating or professional company. They take advantage of their staff. Pay is very poor and wont ever increase even if you job matures and you take more responsibility. They like to keep you in your little box as management is threatened

Advice to Management

You had a great company, and you lost it. You need to treat the staff better! You claim you are all about the people but you are all about how to save a single dollar at the expense of the people that work for you. This company well end up being run from Manila

"Jobs are going and current employees in the AUS offices are left to die"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Professional Advantage part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great flexibility in working hours. Ability to work from home when the need arises but again this option is heavily abused by some employees.

Cons

1. Top management has started an office in Manila. For each local employee that leaves, 1 or 2 or 3 new employees are hired overseas.

2. Some staff are overworked because the management wants them to leave by themselves. They save on redundancies and then hire new ones in Manila.

3. No pay increases for 4 years now and nothing mentioned.

4. Staff who abuse the work from home policy and treat coming to the office as an exception rather than the norm. Absurd work from home 'rules' . Like during the school holidays, some of the staff work from home for the whole duration of the holidays.

Advice to Management

Do not foresake your local employees for cheaper labour overseas. This is not a very ethical way to treat employees. Used to be very good but with management changes, this place has become worse and worse.
    Even though you want your local employees to leave by themselves, the way you are doing this is not morally correct. Pay them redundancies so you can start your office somewhere overseas. Don't exploit them and make them leave.

"Last choice"

Current Employee - Account Manager in North Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in North Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Professional Advantage (More than a year)

Pros

Location in Nth Sydney, nice premises. Free drinks and fruit.

Cons

Even though a large organisation, run like a mum & dads store. No HR to vent your frustration or grievances. Most people and mgmt have been there a long time and haven't worked anywhere else so sticking with old way of doing things, narrow minded and put in a box and no career path offered. Said one thing at interview and offered something else. No visibility in sales, motivation or recognition. Salary not competitive. Expect a lot from staff with overtime and not compensated.

Advice to Management

Motivate and recognise accomplishments instead of demotivating staff and playing games. Show leadership and mentor staff.

5. "Great Company - poor middle management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Professional Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great customer base, great consulting staff, great upper management, free non-alcoholic drinks, free month end alcoholic drinks and appies, free tuition

Cons

Middle management is horrible and has no idea what would drive the company to the 'next level'. Most of them are there going through the motions because they were there when the company was growing, but now that the company has peaked in growth, no new ideas to bring to the table.

Advice to Management

Less middle management or bring in some new people!

"Unfair dismissal of my employment!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Professional Advantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing at PA is the facilities and the accessible location really!

Cons

My manager made me resign without even having reasonable justification but only that they heard I was not happy and planning to leave! So I had the option to resign or get sacked really!

My role was changed twice, there was a huge lack of communication and I was also underpaid in along with other similar jobs in the market!

There were also no or minimal training provided to help me better do my job!

Advice to Management

Have a better communication with your staff! Provide feedback early and at least before you sack them! And also try to look at the root cause of problems first instead of making unreasonable decisions!

7. "excellent"

Current Employee - Recruitment in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment in London, England (UK)

Pros

excellent, great company to be with,

Cons

isnt any that I can think of

"The company changed a lot for the worse over the time I worked for them."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Sydney (Australia)

Pros

The flexibility in the job and work life balance is excellent.
    People are great to work with and the facilities are very nice.

Cons

The flat structure and the lack of transparency of the organisation leaves a lot of people in the dark regarding the direction of the company.

Advice to Management

More open communication on the direction of the company.
    Listen better to the feedback of the staff and act on it.
    Do not change peoples roles before it is clear what the consequences are and what their role exactly is going to be.