Professional Bartenders & Servers Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2019

4.9
Professional Bartenders & Servers Founder Robert Gold (no image)
Robert Gold
  1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Banquet Server/Bartender in Washington, DC

I have been working at Professional Bartenders & Servers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours and every night is different. I get to work in many fun and exciting events all over Washington DC. The people that work for this company are so much fun to be with.

Cons

Dealing with traffic sometimes on the way to different event sites.

2. "Flexible and fun!"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender/Captain in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Professional Bartenders & Servers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Flexibility! I decide when I want to work. I am not a morning person, so I never have work mornings. -Phenomenal coworkers. I have made some lifelong friends working with PBS. -Training. I have learned so many new skills and have become a master of my craft. I feel like I could work anywhere in the service industry, but I choose to stay with PBS for the flexibility and the fun events. -Every day is different. I work in different places with different people and see all kinds of different events. It never gets boring. - I like that I can completely disconnect from work when I leave. Each day is a new event, and yesterday is in the past. Nothing comes home with me. -The management team really cares about the employees. They invest a lot of time into staff training and development.

Cons

-Some events can be very long or stressful, but everyone rallies together to get the job done, and once it's over, it's over.

Continue reading

3. "This company allows you the freedom to work as many events/hours you like, or as little as possible."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Professional Bartenders & Servers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I appreciate the Independence and growth opportunity.

Cons

Having to adapt to unprofessional personalities and environments.

4. "Love this Company"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Professional Bartenders & Servers part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- You are trained before you start - You make your schedule - Super flexible - Work awesome events/ You get to go to different locations so you aren't stuck in one place all the time - You can make a lot of $$$ during the busy seasons - They cut out any bad eggs in the company pretty quickly, they care about the staff

Cons

- Required to work 3 Saturdays a month (but that is where the money is so technically it is a pro) - It's seasonal (which is perfect if you are part time looking for some extra cash. You don't get burned out)

5. "The Best Service Industry Gig DC has to offer"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Washington, DC

I worked at Professional Bartenders & Servers part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

incredibly flexible schedule , competitive pay, opportunity for growth within company, really strong team values , excellent management

Cons

Two days of unpaid training required

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Professional Bartenders & Servers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You set your own schedule/availability. They provide you all the training/tools necessary to succeed. Very professional internal staff and clients - primarily luxury level. High expectations and accountability. Great resume builder, hourly rate, and competent coworkers.

Cons

A bit of an investment for uniforms up front, but totally worth it. Not a con, but they do hold you to a high standard - this job is not for lazy people.

7. "server"

Current Employee - Server in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Professional Bartenders & Servers part-time for more than a year

Pros

getting to be part of amazing events

Cons

sometimes 8 hours on your feet

8. "6 year Bartender"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Fabulous trained staff, Company Scheduling And Performance top notch, Owner is behind his staff with scheduling, travel, and making sure we have all the equipment & continual training to succeed

Cons

Can't think of any.

Continue reading
  9. "Very solid part time work"

I have been working at Professional Bartenders & Servers part-time

Pros

You work with great people. They feed you. Stay focused for your shift and it all works out

Cons

It can be demanding and draining but once you’re done with your shift you leave that at the door.

10. "server/bartender"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Washington, DC

Pros

Flexible scheduling for part-time. They are aggressive about giving assignments. Although the interview, hiring, process was more selective than what I've experienced in the past, it's helpful in the long term for meeting (and exceeding) the customers' expectations. I was happy they took time to train new staff, and communicate expectations.

Cons

So far all is about or better than expected.

Found 18 reviews