Professional Community Management, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Donny R Disbro
  1. "Admin Assistant/Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist - Administrative Assistant in Middleburg, FL

I worked at Professional Community Management, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Place to work

Cons

No raise the whole time I was there 3yrs

Advice to Management

N/A

Professional Community Management, Inc.2016-01-08
  2. "A great company to work for before it got sold to Associa"

Former Employee - Lead Maintenance Technician in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Professional Community Management, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I had 22 great years working on two properties with also great people while still Professional Community Management.

Cons

Do not try or think that you will get a high position in the company by being Hispanic. That will never sell or be the face of this new company.

Advice to Management

To the owner of Associa, you came out on Undercover Boss which was great but you let go very important and skilled employees. In the end, you lost many accounts due to bad management that sold out the company.

Professional Community Management, Inc.2019-07-24
  3. "Has lost its standing in the industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Professional Community Management, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is some work-life balance.

Cons

When Associa was just PCM it was a good, family oriented company to work for. When it became Associa it lost over 100 accounts and the company atmosphere has gone quickly downhill. There are grossly incompetent people at the executive management level. Quality people are jumping ship. The pay is not competitive, the benefits are horrible. We are getting clobbered by competitors like Powerstone and First Service...

Advice to Management

Associa corporate needs to get rid of the PCM office and merge the San Diego offices with Prescott. It would be more efficient. Too many bad managers at PCM

Professional Community Management, Inc.2018-03-26
  4. "A steady paycheck, but no magic or excitement here"

I worked at Professional Community Management, Inc. full-time

Pros

The paychecks came out on time, my manager was a professional and kind person. There was a real structure (no confusion on who did what and what was expected of anyone) and clearly outlined expectations, and I was offered a promotion to another department within a year. At least my manager was honest and transparent with me. Things were laid out clearly about my future with the company when I interviewed and she did not...

Cons

The company was not truly invested in employee growth and did not provide that within its structure. Tension within the department and it was the typical "Office Space" gray cubicles maze environment where you could hear everyone's business. I approached the HR department to find out whether there were any future advancement opportunities and was quickly dismissed. Was also warned by another employee early on that growth...

Advice to Management

Try to introduce new, and exciting elements into a predictable and stifling environment. Otherwise you may have trouble hanging onto young talent.

Professional Community Management, Inc.2017-12-28
  5. "Great when it was PCM very bad when Associa took over."

Pros

Professional Community Management was a great family oriented place to work for.

Cons

Associa bought out PCM and everything went down hill especially how bad they treated us.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with dignity and hire the right management to run it. I worked for 21 years and never lost a contract untill Associa took over. Never got demoted as I did with no reason and never got harassed like we did. We where not allowed to have breaks.

Professional Community Management, Inc.2017-12-06
  6. "Good part-time work while in school"

Former Employee - Clubhouse Aide

I worked at Professional Community Management, Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay for what it is pretty steady hours

Cons

sometimes the hours get cut

Professional Community Management, Inc.2017-04-11

"Going Downhill Fast"

I have been working at Professional Community Management, Inc.

Pros

Cant think of any. Since I have to write 20 words, il just write these.

Cons

The worst medical benfits ever if you insure a family. Management is elitist. Its all about vertical integration and growing the assets of Associa, the new parent company. Associa has destroyed this company.

Advice to Management

Its too late. All aboard the Associa Train.

Professional Community Management, Inc.2017-01-28
  8. "All about the company, not employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Professional Community Management, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Associa is a large company. Just a -paycheck

Cons

There are so many. Health insurance went up $187.00 per 2 week pay period. Now up to $464.00 per 2 weeks. There portion of insurance pay went from $106.00 to $124.00 per 2 weeks. Management ( Associa ) does not pay bills on time. Still waiting for mileage reimbursement as we are required to use our personal vehicles to go between club houses. Some employees have had to use there own monies to do functions. ( exp....

Advice to Management

They need to look at employees benefits. Ask employees about how things are working.

Professional Community Management, Inc.2016-08-25
  9. "Community Rep"

I have been working at Professional Community Management, Inc. part-time

Pros

Working events might seem like hectic, but you get a lot of perks. eg- Food and good company.

Cons

After summer it gets boring, best for students. I would work on my assignment and still kept up with my work.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the office drama, no need for extra stress. Everyone is cool, but like I said it gets boring and people star talking haha.

Professional Community Management, Inc.2015-08-21
  10. "Manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Professional Community Management, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A very pleasant place to work, great original owners and customers. I loved working with all of the terrific staff. For years there benefits were above average for the industry.

Cons

In 2012 the company was purchased by a large holding company and many key executives left changing the work environment dramatically.

Advice to Management

Try and appreciate the remaining employees and long term customers who had been with the company for decades. Loyalty to both customer and employee should never be overlooked for small increases in profit. That can be short sighted.

Professional Community Management, Inc.2015-07-10