Professional Employment Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Workplace"

Pros

Professional Employment Group is a fantastic company that is run with high integrity. I have been in the staffing industry a long time, and the benefit structure that we provide our contractors is second to none. PEG is a filled with dynamic employees that care about doing things right, and helping those succeed around them. Best workplace, phenomenal CEO, and simply a great company to be a part of.

Cons

Discoverability and website improvements would be nice

2. "Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Professional Employment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely NOTHING, I am so sorry I took a chance on this company. It was a horrible mistake!!!

Cons

If I could give them ZERO STARS, I would. Top worst company I have ever worked for. They are bigots, racist and discriminant. The Denver branch is absolutely horrific, HORRIBLE . Management is not existent, very unprofessional.... RUN!!!! Do not give them your business or work for them, you will truly be sorry. I wish I would have NEVER made the decision to work for them. If you are not white and straight, you have no place here!

Advice to Management

Open your mind, it is 2017.

"Terrible Place To Work"

Pros

Parties are fun I suppose

Cons

This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. The Account Managers play favorites and decide who survives at this company. If they like you, they'll always submit your candidates and help you be successful. If they don't like you, they'll either bully you to the point of quitting or make sure upper management fires you. I can't tell you how many times I watched the Account Managers scream at and belittle employees out in the open for everyone to see and hear. Very unprofessional.

I've also never seen a place that fires so many people. I mean if you even look at someone the wrong way and you'll be out the door. And before anyone thinks I'm a bitter employee, I was NOT fired from PEG. If you ever look into working for this company, don't fall for the CEO's seemingly kind demeanor. If she really cared that much about her employees, then why would she be so quick to put so many of them out of jobs?

They also like to make major changes out of nowhere and drop bombshells on the employees which is really annoying because once you get used to working a certain way, you have to start all over again.

Also, several of the reviews on here I'm sure were either written by management or management asked their employees to write them, because of the reviews below is literally part of the company's mission statement.

Advice to Management

where to even begin?

"Poor upper management"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Professional Employment Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you perform well, management will leave you alone and let you produce. There is no cap on commission, so you can greatly impact your salary. There is no path for advancement, the highest performers are not the ones necessarily selected for promotion.

Cons

CEO makes changes to business/strategy on a whim. Only real focus is on contract staffing, no support for direct placement position, even though they bring in more revenue.

Advice to Management

Take a look at other staffing companies' structure. Create a path of upward mobility.

5. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Professional Employment Group full-time

Pros

If you work hard, you can earn commission quickly

Cons

The majority of the recruiters lack business maturity when dealing with clients

"Stay away! Plenty of other staffing firms to work for in STL."

Former Employee - Staffing in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Staffing in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Professional Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck every two weeks, and good benefit options. Otherwise, there is nothing positive about working here.

Cons

Stay away!!!!!!! CEO is highly unprofessional. Knows nothing about staffing. They push the idea of a PEG "family" only when it is in the best interest of the CEO, Karen Spann.

Advice to Management

Good luck. Seriously, good luck. You act like you are religious but you are a racist and deep down you are not a good person.

7. "Recruiter"

Pros

I enjoy coming to work and interacting with my co-workers at Professional Employment Group. The culture is positive and the work is fast-paced and upbeat. We are trained to genuinely care about our candidates and clients.

Cons

The competition with other staffing firms.

8. "Best Staffing Business- USA"

I have been working at Professional Employment Group full-time

Pros

Extremely positive people with a very high level of integrity and expertise.
    Best benefits for contractors and internal employees in the industry. (Affordable Blue Cross Blue Shield and a 401k matching plan)
    Treat contract employees like regular employees.
    People in the organization love working here.
    Opportunities for advancement lead to the highest level.
    CEO is extremely caring and everyone works hard because they want to build an awesome organization.
    Most people are here for their entire careers.

Cons

No advice at this time. Website improvement would be great.

Advice to Management

Continue trying to make the people working for you sucessful. it is inspiring.

9. "Passionate Staffing Agency"

I have been working at Professional Employment Group full-time

Pros

PEG is a staffing agency that is passionate and continually surpasses their standards of excellence.

Cons

It is a smaller agency, but they forge long-term relationships by identifying the ideal employee to fit each job.

10. "solid company"

I worked at Professional Employment Group full-time

Pros

Good overall amount of requirements to work on. Friendly staff and good overall work environment

Cons

Not a clear plan on growth. Tough market, company would benefit from experienced sales people and management.

Advice to Management

None, it is a production based role. You are compensated on your production.