Professional Medical Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Professional Medical Associates Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2017

Found 4 reviews

2.9

"Small medical clinic, but great work environment with many opportunities to learn"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Kenner, LA

I worked at Professional Medical Associates part-time for more than a year

Pros

The clinic owner/administrator has an open door policy to work through daily work issues, conflicts, scheduling, etc. Many days she will work side by side with the employees if there is a rush of patients, or a doctor has to cancel and patients need to be rescheduled. Often lunch is provided for the employees. Salary is very competitive, and if the patient load drops, we are allowed to leave early if we request.

Cons

Because the clinic is small, there is a set amount of employees. If an employee is sick or takes a vacation, then it increases the workload on all the employees, although this is when the administrator will assist with the workload to cover for the employee that is out. Also, being that the clinic is small, there is not a great deal of room to grow into management.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I for one enjoy my employment.

Professional Medical Associates2014-10-31
  2. "Be cautious"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Coder in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Professional Medical Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

The drug reps bring us lunch almost everyday.

Cons

Very poor communication between clerical staff and administration. Favoritism is rampant, the policies will change depending on who complains. If someone quits or gets fired, no one will get hired as replacement, and their responsibilities get added on to someone else. Don't expect to have one job, you will have several with very minimal training. Expect to be overworked.

Professional Medical Associates2017-08-02
  3. "My opinion"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Amityville, NY

I worked at Professional Medical Associates for less than a year

Pros

I was able to use most of the skills that I gained becoming a Medical Assistant. My skills improved 100%, mainly because almost every patient required phlebotomy & EKG's.

Cons

Working in this profession leaves you exhausted by the end of the shift. You will be constantly busy, which is good because the fday will fly by quickly.

Advice to Management

None needed.....

Professional Medical Associates2015-09-20
  4. "Senior Accountant"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Professional Medical Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very flexible and caters to mothers

Cons

Very poor management and internal controls

Professional Medical Associates2015-06-10