Professional Recruiter Associates Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2018

4.2
Professional Recruiter Associates President Don Sonn (no image)
Don Sonn
  1. "Executive Recruiter"

I have been working at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time

Pros

Every day as a recruiter you are in a head-to-head competition to attract top talent, and fortunately you know definitively within 90 days whether you have beaten the competition. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting LeBron to your NBA team).

Cons

You must be responsible for your actions. Other than getting married or buying a house, few things in life have a bigger impact on an individual and their family than landing or missing out on a great job. Because of that tremendous impact, recruiters a this company find it easy to maintain a high level of excitement and commitment to excellence.

Professional Recruiter Associates2018-08-20
  2. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

I have been working at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time

Pros

The team and managers are here to support success. They give all the tools needed and nurtures a better work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Professional Recruiter Associates2017-11-28
  3. "The best recruiting team ever!"

Current Freelancer - Construction Superintendent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Professional Recruiter Associates for less than a year

Pros

Don Sonn and his team found me a great job opportunity and got me hired on within a matter of days. The guy shoots straight and doesn't b.s. you, he gets you prepared to succeed with your interview. Excellent communication with this team, they don't leave you guessing! I will recommend this company to my friends and family.

Cons

I have yet to encounter anything negative about this company.

Professional Recruiter Associates2017-08-08

"Great Company, Great Atmosphere"

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time

Pros

Very helpful and enriched environment. All employees work with another to excel their productivity. Learning everyday what this market has to offer by an experienced Head of the company.

Cons

Some higher level positions require you to work hard to earn your paycheck.

Professional Recruiter Associates2015-05-18

"i learned a tremendous amount of life long skills and valuable hiring techniques"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interactive work involved with candidates, HR, execs, and great employees.

Cons

The work is challenging but in some slow times it takes extra effort to keep busy.

Professional Recruiter Associates2015-05-08

"Challenging and exciting work environment. The negative reviews seem to be phony reviews written by a competitor."

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Associate in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at a number of different search, staffing and recruiting firms. I received the best training and the fairest compensation at Professional Recruiter Associates. I, for one, observed everyone treated fairly and with respect.. I was well compensated for all work I performed, and everything owed to me was paid to me after I left the company. I left to pursue opportunities in another professional altogether. The offices were more than adequate and the technology and resources were always up-to-date.

Cons

.The negative reviews seem to be phony reviews written by competitors in order to gain unfair competitive advantage. Do not believe them because their motive is based upon their inability to compete in an open market.

Professional Recruiter Associates2014-11-23

"Company is a disgrace! Being investigated by the Labor Comission!"

1.0
    Former Contractor - Recruiter in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates for less than a year

Pros

Working in downtown Carlsbad is nice.

Cons

Unethical management and sloppy practices.

Professional Recruiter Associates2014-10-13

"Great Place to Work with many Learning Opportunities"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

PRA is a great place to work.. The whole office is professional, intelligent, and more than willing to teach and help you succeed in the office and outside. Donald is extremely knowledgeable and If you have the fortunate opportunity to get to know him or work alongside him, it will be obvious that his #1 goal is to help others be successful. I highly recommend him and his office as a place to grow. I recently had to move back to Rhode Island because of family issues and Don was understanding and very helpful during this time. I am extremely glad I was able to spend the last 2 years working here.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that the office needs a painting job and it gets a bit hot. Luckily there is no strictly enforced dress code so the heat is not unbearable.

Professional Recruiter Associates2014-08-05

"Excellent experience both educationally and financially. Great chance to learn a new business and to reach goals set."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great location working with a true expert within the field. Positive office environment where the boss was always willing to help and educate while still allowing individuals forge their own path. Goals were realistic as well as rewarding. Co-workers were friendly and outgoing and always supportive.

Cons

Office space could get warm in the summer. One employee was a little overbearing but CEO addressed it quickly.

Professional Recruiter Associates2014-07-24

"Good Experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office is set in the heart of Carlsbad Village, friendly co workers with a lot of experieince. All current employees work well as a team. The CEO is knowledgeable and his door is always open for questions/ help. Friendly atnostphere, so far really enjoying the work/ experience.

Cons

At this time there are no health care benefits.

Professional Recruiter Associates2014-08-05