Professional Recruiter Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Don Sonn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Executive Recruiter"

I have been working at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time

Pros

Every day as a recruiter you are in a head-to-head competition to attract top talent, and fortunately you know definitively within 90 days whether you have beaten the competition. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting LeBron to your NBA team).

Cons

You must be responsible for your actions. Other than getting married or buying a house, few things in life have a bigger impact on an individual and their family than landing or missing out on a great job. Because of that tremendous impact, recruiters a this company find it easy to maintain a high level of excitement and commitment to excellence.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training and technology, although you're already doing a pretty good job at that.

2. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

I have been working at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time

Pros

The team and managers are here to support success. They give all the tools needed and nurtures a better work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Great Company, Great Atmosphere"

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time

Pros

Very helpful and enriched environment. All employees work with another to excel their productivity. Learning everyday what this market has to offer by an experienced Head of the company.

Cons

Some higher level positions require you to work hard to earn your paycheck.

"i learned a tremendous amount of life long skills and valuable hiring techniques"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interactive work involved with candidates, HR, execs, and great employees.

Cons

The work is challenging but in some slow times it takes extra effort to keep busy.

Advice to Management

keep up the communication and honesty

"Challenging and exciting work environment. The negative reviews seem to be phony reviews written by a competitor."

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Associate in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Associate in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at a number of different search, staffing and recruiting firms. I received the best training and the fairest compensation at Professional Recruiter Associates. I, for one, observed everyone treated fairly and with respect.. I was well compensated for all work I performed, and everything owed to me was paid to me after I left the company. I left to pursue opportunities in another professional altogether. The offices were more than adequate and the technology and resources were always up-to-date.

Cons

.The negative reviews seem to be phony reviews written by competitors in order to gain unfair competitive advantage. Do not believe them because their motive is based upon their inability to compete in an open market.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a good job. Don't worry about those who are jealous of your success.

"Great Place to Work with many Learning Opportunities"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PRA is a great place to work.. The whole office is professional, intelligent, and more than willing to teach and help you succeed in the office and outside. Donald is extremely knowledgeable and If you have the fortunate opportunity to get to know him or work alongside him, it will be obvious that his #1 goal is to help others be successful. I highly recommend him and his office as a place to grow. I recently had to move back to Rhode Island because of family issues and Don was understanding and very helpful during this time. I am extremely glad I was able to spend the last 2 years working here.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that the office needs a painting job and it gets a bit hot. Luckily there is no strictly enforced dress code so the heat is not unbearable.

"Excellent experience both educationally and financially. Great chance to learn a new business and to reach goals set."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location working with a true expert within the field. Positive office environment where the boss was always willing to help and educate while still allowing individuals forge their own path. Goals were realistic as well as rewarding. Co-workers were friendly and outgoing and always supportive.

Cons

Office space could get warm in the summer. One employee was a little overbearing but CEO addressed it quickly.

Advice to Management

Offer incentive bonuses to encourage healthy competition. Consider health benefits for long term employees.

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Professional Recruiter Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office is set in the heart of Carlsbad Village, friendly co workers with a lot of experieince.
    All current employees work well as a team. The CEO is knowledgeable and his door is always open for questions/ help. Friendly atnostphere, so far really enjoying the work/ experience.

Cons

At this time there are no health care benefits.

"Don is one of the best recruiters I have worked with. He is connected with companies at the highest levels."

Pros

Don worked with me as a mentor, successful life coach and teacher. He has a true interest and concern in my personal and professional goals and desires. Working with him helped me to focus my efforts and reach the professional levels I desired.

Cons

You must have a good work ethic. Witness the reviews from people who criticize this employer, They had no work ethic at all. Primarily for lack of really trying, they were not successful at this job, which is challenging intellectually and requires people skills.

Advice to Management

HIre only really smart people. Coddle them less.

"Great place to work at"

Pros

I enjoy working in this office with everyone. People are friendly and professional. There is no micro managment but plenty of room to grow. In fact you are encouraged to pursue in the area that you are interested in.

Cons

I wish it is closer to where I live.