Professional Staffing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aaron Green

Pros
  • PSG employees enjoy "free lunch" and "beer Friday" every Friday (in 7 reviews)

• Work with some good people in a good location in dowtown Boston (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • early mornings and long hours are required (in 11 reviews)

• At PSG, we work long days, but it is to service the needs of our clients (in 3 reviews)

1. "Jefferson W. Davis PHD (abd)"

Current Employee - Network Systems Security Engineer, Project Manager in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent service and provides the utmost appreciate for highly skilled individuals.

Cons

Have not experienced any adversities.

Advice to Management

Placing someone with highest academic levels is difficult and timely. However, it's not always about academic achievements but a persons commitment and fortitude to do the job.

"Professionally Questionable"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

There's free water. My seat is still warm.

Cons

Terrible technology, incompetent management, and poor corporate culture. If you're not part of the "in crowd" plan to be pushed out in months. It's mainly sales and cellphones and laptops aren't provided (and the ones who have their cellphones at work are on Instagram and shopping daily). Sure, there's three laptops but they're from 2006. Beware of any company that tries to sell a great environment but has no established corporate culture how many people got promoted vs left for another job this year? My seat was warm from the last employee to sit in it.

Advice to Management

Take a management class and learn more about staffing retention... you're working at a staffing company after all.

3. "Part Time / I wanted Fulltime"

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Professional Staffing Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got assignment in a pretty flexible department

Cons

I was looking for full time employment.

Advice to Management

Your clients are not only the job providers but the employees of these job providers.

5. "team oriented culture"

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA

Pros

team oriented culture makes it easier to endure long hours.

Cons

early mornings and long hours are required. 10-11 hour days are not uncommon.

Advice to Management

be forthcoming when hiring internally.

"Senior Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Free coffee and free water. Colleagues mostly friendly.

Cons

Salaried employees treated like hourly staff. Mandatory 7am and 6pm daily meetings. No flexibility. Micro-management. 100+ cold calls daily. Continuous turnover. Call center environment.

"Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Professional Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They sell you a good story, but the reality is very different. I took this job and ignored the reviews- don't do the same!!!
    They do a lot of training, but some is pointless with no real goal/outcome.
    The company appears to have really good values and CEO seems to care...until actions need to be taken. A lot of talk here.
    The people (not management) that work there are nice until they too realize they have been lied to and are underpaid; the climate is very negative

Cons

Really everything.
    -50 hour work week; frowned upon if you take your lunch break, or even get up from your desk
    -Everyone is paid and treated differently for doing the same job.
    -Extremely high turn over- I think it is like 50% (and that is every three months or so)
    -Management seem like they are on your side, but can't be trusted. Very gossipy and will turn on you.
    -It is the PSG way or NO way.
    -Bring you in under false pretenses- job responsibilities as well as potential commission.
    -Micro managed- emails are read by CFO, attendance is taken every morning (literally), can only leave at 6, not 5:59, etc.
    -environment is factory like not only in terms of work space but mentality as well.
    -either managers from when the company started who can write their own ticket or young graduates who don't know any better.
    -CEO gets the major contracts, due to his personality, but things fail from their due to antiquated infrastructure and technology
    -they don't even pay for your cell phone.....

Advice to Management

be honest. adapt to the 21st century. don't be so cheap. value your employees and completely change the culture. just close the company and start over.

Professional Staffing Group Response

Nov 17, 2016 – HR Director

Hello, Thank you for the feedback, we truly appreciate it and take it seriously. We strive to promote an environment of high accountability and success as a team. We’ve already addressed a ... More

"Temp"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Professional Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a variety of jobs, have the guaranteed work program

Cons

Don't always cater to your preferences, i.e.: preferred an administrative position, instead sent to work in a mailroom, jobs didn't pay much

"Look elsewhere!"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's quiet in the office. We get to go home each day. 'Feeling sick' on Mondays and still working here.

Cons

Everything else. Ya it's true, you can have the same person on different teams getting paid something completely different. It makes no sense at all. In addition different teams depending on who is your manager depends on how well liked you are. Full of questionable people. There's no leadership, because if there was you'd realize you can do the same job elsewhere with better pay and benefits somewhere elese. Sooo management is here not because they're good but because other people have quit before them.

There are favorites and if you're not one of them you get pushed out. Also there are unrealistic expectations and way too much micromanagement, this job isn't rocket science. Seeing my boss try to explain at the all hands is like polishing a well, something unpleasant and smelly. And vacation policy is terrible, might just call in sick.

Advice to Management

Loosen up! It's staffing.

"Scorpions will be scorpions"

Former Employee - Staff in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Staff in Boston, MA

I worked at Professional Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For a sales gig, it doesn't get much hardcore than this. It's hard to be thinking of anything other than work when sitting inside this environment.

Cons

They are a staffing agency and will do staffing agency things. It's a numbers game. Lots of leading people on only to let them down.

Advice to Management

Pay your people better, don't "stick it to the temps" and micromanage less. Posting comments in reply encouraging us to discuss it isn't cutting it. You've clearly heard the feedback from more than enough people to know it's credible.

"Let's Be Professional"

Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Get to manage some good people. If you are well liked your job is relatively secure. Just do not mess up too badly. The companies we work with are not going anywhere.

Cons

There's nobody left. Culture and morale around the office is lacking. Since the start of this year alone 15+ people have left. There's like 45 people overall. That right there should tell you something is up. In that wake we have not held ourselves responsible to better retention plans or office morale boosters (hosting a meeting in a onesie isn't going to do it). Trying to find someone qualified who wants to work here is a chore. But if you need a job there are plenty of spots! Sure you can have 1:1's at a touchdown or in one of the conference rooms, I have, but they do not do much.

Advice to Management

Look at what makes people leave not what makes them stay. Address the issues. We can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot. If our CEO wants commitment he should be committed too.