Professional Staffing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Aaron Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Young company, free lunch on fridays (in 10 reviews)

• PSG is a place where you will either sink or swim (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are mandatory and not compensated (in 12 reviews)

• So fast-paced at times that you can feel stuck in your "day-to-day" job (in 6 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company with a true team oriented culture"

Current Employee - Junior Accounts Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Accounts Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience with PSG has been nothing short of amazing! They were so transparent with me through my entire interview process and really took the time to dig and discover what I was looking for in a new job opportunity and company culture.

For me personally, the company culture was a very important factor and they have exceeded my expectations in the support and team mindset that is offered internally and extended to candidates externally.

Another amazing part is the growth potential internally and the extent they will go to ensure employees are in the right role for them. They want to see everyone thrives and succeeds!

Joining PSG was the best decision for my career and I would highly advocate for others to work with this company as well! They will hear you, see you and find the right home for you.

Cons

No cons to share at this time!

Advice to Management

No advice! Management truly goes above and beyond what I have seen at many other organizations. Everyone works together no matter what your place is within the organization, which is truly a rare quality to find in a company!

2. "Great company to work for; wonderful team-oriented culture & growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - Junior Account Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Representative in Boston, MA

Pros

Cons

No cons to share at this time!

Advice to Management

3. "I work here... and I love it"

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people. I love sitting in the wide-open floor plan with constant co-worker interaction. I look forward to having fun with my team each day

- Professional Development. This isn't your run of the mill "sink or swim" staffing environment because the leadership team invests in advancing the career of their teammates

- Your voice matters. Everyone at the company is so accessible that's impossible for your opinions not to be heard. That doesn't mean everyone opinions get action'ed, but you have the opportunity to influence decisions at any level

Cons

No cons to note at this time (although I do agree with other reviews that it's "fast-paced")

Advice to Management

Continue making changes where necessary to support your staff. The company feels like it's heading in a cool direction, keep it going!

4. "Great Company, People and Growth Opportunities!"

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time

Pros

-Excellent people around you who are positive and work hard
    -Continued opportunities to grow and develop yourself professionally
    -If you are someone who works hard and are a good cultural fit for the organization you will be given opportunities to learn and take on more!

Cons

-Extremely fast paced in nature which is great for some depending on the industry they are coming out of but can also be very challenging if someone is not used to the type of pace.
    -Based on the number of priorities that some individuals are managing at any given time it can be hard to take a step back and be more heads up

5. "The Staffing Firm with a heart"

Current Employee - Candidate Care Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Candidate Care Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional Staffing Group has set itself apart from the competition because it treats candidates and clients with the dignity and respect they deserve. Instead of focusing on how to fill the jobs that clients entrust us with, we work hard to make sure that our candidates get jobs that are a right fit for them. Even if that isn't with one of our clients. We partner with our candidates instead of just assigning them roles. We actually spend time with our clients to get to know what they are truly looking for. We believe that we all win together or lose together. This culture of caring more about partnering with people starts with our CEO and works its way down into all employees.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment. Which builds character but isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to collaborate with candidates on their job search and provide more resources in their search.

6. "Stellar Support System"

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time

Pros

- strong support system with peers as well as management. things get crazy busy, but people are still respectful and approachable as much as possible.
    - open office
    - direct access to management
    - if you have qualms, you should feel empowered to speak up

Cons

- would be nice to have a more business casual dress code / have the flexible hours back

Advice to Management

- continue the approach-ability - it matters!

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Awesome team and office and environment
    -Big focus on employee career development
    -Transparency on company mission from upper management
    -Goals clearly communicated
    -Low turnover in comparison to the rest of the staffing industry
    -Free lunch every Friday

Cons

-A casual dress code would be great

Advice to Management

Keep working to adapt to the modern workplace environment. Great strides have been made so far, so keep heading in that direction

8. "Great Company with lots of growth potential!"

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth and to contribute to company wide goals. I've had the ability to truly develop and refine my skill set here and have been able to uncover talents I didn't even know I had - thanks in large part to a supportive management team!

Cons

Very fast-paced. Priorities can (and will) change daily.

Advice to Management

Continue to push on technology - I love that we are pressing on this area and am excited to see where we are headed next.

Professional Staffing Group Response

Nov 10, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that you've been able to develop your current skills here and gain new ones! We appreciate all of your contributions to PSG.

9. "Very fast paced but great people"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team here is great, you can make some really good friends and just about everyone gets along really well. If you work hard for your manager they will work hard for you and always have your back! Mine is great!

Cons

Really fast paced environment so for some the transition from a different industry can be tough. Some of PSGs policies and technology are more old school and I think they have a bit of a ways to go to catch up to 2017. Some new management has helped with the policies though.

Advice to Management

Bring back more flexible time—plenty of people would rather work until 6 and have more flexibility when they need it. Technology needs some updates internally especially for a job that requires after hours, weekends, late nights and early morning work. Adding more jeans days helps but isn’t a long term fix for strict policies.

Professional Staffing Group Response

Nov 7, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We work hard to make sure we’re hiring great team members and I’m glad that the awesome people we have working here are enhancing your... More

10. "Staffing Specialist"

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment. I truly enjoy going to PSG every day and helping out prospective job seekers figure out the next step in their career. If you work hard at PSG, you will be rewarded! Also catered lunches every Friday!

Cons

I wish I lived closer to the office as my commute takes a while!

Advice to Management

Management has done a terrific job in focusing on achievable monthly/quarterly objectives to ensure PSG's success! Keep on truckin!