Profiles International Reviews | Glassdoor

Profiles International Reviews

Updated May 7, 2018

3.1
Profiles International President & CEO Joseph "Bud" Haney (no image)
Joseph "Bud" Haney
  1. "This is an outstanding company with great products."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Profiles International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best products of their type in the industry with a sales/customer support team that is the best I have ever worked with. If you want to sell the best go with Profiles.

Cons

This is commission only job that requires a front end investment and training/travel you must pay for in Waco Texas.

Advice to Management

More advertising in business magazines would be useful. Not enough managers know who Profiles is and how they can contribute to a firms bottom line.

Profiles International2014-01-30
  2. "Always enjoyed it there"

Technical Support in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International for more than a year

Pros

Small group of people so we all knew each other. Always had the freedom to do my job without micro management. Management gave the flexibility to do my job as I saw fit.

Cons

Pay wasn't the greatest, but the benefits weren't too bad for being a local company. Staffing took a hit with layoffs after the buyout was completed.

Profiles International2017-10-13
  3. "Strategic Account Manager"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Industry, Products, Training, Coworkers, Website

Cons

Salary, Location, Management, Facilities, Lack of advancement

Advice to Management

Management by intimidation and threats

Profiles International2017-09-06
  4. "Great benefits - unsure future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Profiles was purchased by John Wiley & Sons which brought the employees really great benefits. I mean really great.

Cons

They have "restructured" several times since the company was purchased - which is normal when a company is purchased. The moral is low and their future in Waco seems uncertain.

Profiles International2017-08-14
  5. "Assessment Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family atmosphere Family Atmosphere Family Atmosphere

Cons

Silos between depts Silos between depts

Advice to Management

Communication was lacking Communication was lacking

Profiles International2016-09-10
  6. "Good place to work"

I worked at Profiles International

Pros

Smart and friendly people to work with, not a bad place to work

Cons

work can be redundant, very silo'd environment

Profiles International2015-10-04
  7. "Video Production Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

I worked at Profiles International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to create videos that were both business, but creative. Equipment was up-to-date and software was too. I had many exciting projects that I put my creativity into.

Cons

No room to grow and I was promised that the video side of marketing was going to get bigger and I would receive help. My creative privileges were decreased when company was bought out.

Profiles International2015-10-08
  8. "Profiles International"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're looking for a small company this is the place for you.

Cons

There is very little chance for a pay raise.

Advice to Management

President Bud is very accessable for an upper level exec.

Profiles International2014-09-25
  9. "Awesome company with multiple opportunities for driven individuals"

I have been working at Profiles International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great working environment Awesome products Senior Management has a passion for what they do and care about making the company and the people that work for it successful. Great opportunities for those that want to succeed Care about having a world-class client experience for their clients Great potential for the company

Cons

benefits could be better, especially sick time. Don't see to be in line with other companies the same size. The environment is not for everyone. Being a sales organization, people who are not driven to succeed could be put off by the management style.

Advice to Management

Don't let the passion to make the company successful get in the way of developing employees. These employees are the reason the company will be successful.

Profiles International2014-02-17
  10. "Growing in the right direction - with the typical "growing pains""

Current Employee - Working With Clients in Waco, TX

I have been working at Profiles International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent product and services. Customer-centric approach to business on the sales and services department. Loyal and dedicated employees with long term experience. Opportunity to learn and grow as you go even if your education level is just a high school diploma; they will train you and train you! In sales and services, several key players are market savvy and others are internally made, a good mixed of experience to offer our clients a range of experience. On going cultural transformation; working hard to move from the traditional family business to a performing organization.

Cons

Top management internally made; most with limited executive or even management experience. This makes very hard the cultural transformation because some times (even with good intent) they don't see the tree from forest; or worst they stay on the tree and miss the forest! Ego-centric culture at its best! However, they are trying to work on this Family or "brotherhood" blood kills performance. Thus, some key players are not called to give their share while others are hammered with numbers. No problem with numbers here, if everyone is subjected to the same standards. Personnel actions are not well thought out - at least not to the receiver; maybe because of the way they are carried out. i.e. announcements are made before employee has been properly communicated; open about terminations, and hard feelings, etc.

Advice to Management

Train on cultural transformation and strategic communications. communication is not delivering a message like "broadcasting" Watch your tone when talking in meetings; it something needs to be corrected or improved, be assertive but do not lecture -- you have adults, and most are professional people highly educated -- not your children. Unfortunately, the best intentions are killed when the message is not delivered properly. Treat people with respect - let them know what you think (don't tell others - it is supposed to be confidential) Look at you! your body language needs works - if others notice what you think about other managers, people will be smart enough to take sides (the side they feel is convenient); thus, you will be creating "clicks" instead of building a cohesive team! Especially, avoid gestures such as "rolling your eyes" or "shaking your head" regarding other executives, managers or employees.

Profiles International2014-02-12