Profiles International Reviews | Glassdoor

Profiles International President & CEO Joseph "Bud" Haney
Joseph "Bud" Haney

1. "Assessment Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere Family Atmosphere Family Atmosphere

Cons

Silos between depts Silos between depts

Advice to Management

Communication was lacking Communication was lacking

2. "Video Production Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

I worked at Profiles International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to create videos that were both business, but creative. Equipment was up-to-date and software was too. I had many exciting projects that I put my creativity into.

Cons

No room to grow and I was promised that the video side of marketing was going to get bigger and I would receive help. My creative privileges were decreased when company was bought out.

3. "Profiles International"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a small company this is the place for you.

Cons

There is very little chance for a pay raise.

Advice to Management

President Bud is very accessable for an upper level exec.

5. "Growing in the right direction - with the typical "growing pains""

Current Employee - Working With Clients in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Working With Clients in Waco, TX

I have been working at Profiles International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent product and services. Customer-centric approach to business on the sales and services department. Loyal and dedicated employees with long term experience.

Opportunity to learn and grow as you go even if your education level is just a high school diploma; they will train you and train you! In sales and services, several key players are market savvy and others are internally made, a good mixed of experience to offer our clients a range of experience.

On going cultural transformation; working hard to move from the traditional family business to a performing organization.

Cons

Top management internally made; most with limited executive or even management experience. This makes very hard the cultural transformation because some times (even with good intent) they don't see the tree from forest; or worst they stay on the tree and miss the forest! Ego-centric culture at its best! However, they are trying to work on this

Family or "brotherhood" blood kills performance. Thus, some key players are not called to give their share while others are hammered with numbers. No problem with numbers here, if everyone is subjected to the same standards.

Personnel actions are not well thought out - at least not to the receiver; maybe because of the way they are carried out. i.e. announcements are made before employee has been properly communicated; open about terminations, and hard feelings, etc.

Advice to Management

Train on cultural transformation and strategic communications. communication is not delivering a message like "broadcasting"

Watch your tone when talking in meetings; it something needs to be corrected or improved, be assertive but do not lecture -- you have adults, and most are professional people highly educated -- not your children.

Unfortunately, the best intentions are killed when the message is not delivered properly. Treat people with respect - let them know what you think (don't tell others - it is supposed to be confidential)

Look at you! your body language needs works - if others notice what you think about other managers, people will be smart enough to take sides (the side they feel is convenient); thus, you will be creating "clicks" instead of building a cohesive team! Especially, avoid gestures such as "rolling your eyes" or "shaking your head" regarding other executives, managers or employees.

6. "Very dynamic fast-paced growing global organization that I am proud to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I have been working at Profiles International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Profiles really do make the difference and set this company apart from any other.

Hard work and dedication does pay off in due time!

The clients that we get the PRIVILEGE to work with.

The networking with industry leaders is top notch!

The senior management tries to create a friendly environment and engaged workforce- over time we will get there.

Cons

It is a corporate environment run by a very successful family- you take the good with the bad and the good does outweigh the bad.

Advice to Management

Look within for talent and acknowledge it.

7. "This is an outstanding company with great products."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Profiles International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best products of their type in the industry with a sales/customer support team that is the best I have ever worked with. If you want to sell the best go with Profiles.

Cons

This is commission only job that requires a front end investment and training/travel you must pay for in Waco Texas.

Advice to Management

More advertising in business magazines would be useful. Not enough managers know who Profiles is and how they can contribute to a firms bottom line.

8. "It's a job for now"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Waco, TX

I have been working at Profiles International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Profiles is a wonderful place. Especially when your new because they throw you in a office the size of a small walk in closet and forget you are there for a few months. They make awful hiring decisions ( from what I see so far) but that's a pro if you have half a brain because you will quickly bypass your peers.

Cons

The biggest con is the tyrant unresponsive leadership..... There is a huge power struggle in our department in fact I don't think anyone agrees on anything. Most the staff is disengaged but there are ones that seem to get special treatment. I was asked by management to write something on this site about profiles so here you go.

Advice to Management

Change it.... Any organizational development consultant would clean house of the management.

9. "Opportunity to Grow"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Waco, TX

I worked at Profiles International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional tools
    Management invests in training employees
    Highly talented people in the organization
    Management does solicit ideas and listens to employees
    Above average earning potential for the area

Cons

The benefits package is expensive for a family
    This is not a place for complacent or mediocre employees, it is demanding and can be rewarding but you have to work diligently and keep focused

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in developing the employees and have the courage to make tough decisions for the benefit of the organization and everyone who works there.

10. "I have worked for Profiles International for nearly a decade."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I have been working at Profiles International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Profiles International has a great suite of products and actually uses those tools during their own hiring process. This has led to a talented group of individuals who work cohesively together to achieve great success in the assessment solutions industry.

If you are a motivated individual, there is also great opportunity for growth and advancement at Profiles International. I personally find Profiles International to be a highly rewarding place to work.

Cons

It would be nice to have additional sick days per year, commensurate with other U.S. companies.

Advice to Management

It would be wonderful to initiative some new Human Resource programs such as an EmpIoyee Wellness Program.

11. "Great Products. Poor Management."

I worked at Profiles International full-time

Pros

Very good products. A wide variety of products that reach a fairly broad customer base.

Cons

Management by intimidation and fear creates low morale and high turnover in all departments. Lack of trust is rampant and killing the company. Executive team and upper level management do not respect employees. Honesty and ethics are not part of the culture and it makes it very difficult to work there. The only way you survive is to keep your head down and your mouth shut and play the game.

Advice to Management

Either listen to your critics and change or sell the company.