Proforma "support center" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Proforma Employee Reviews about "support center"

Updated Nov 20, 2017

4.3
Proforma CEO Vera Muzzillo (no image)
Vera Muzzillo
Pros
  • "I think over the last 2 years the senior leaders are trying to make Proforma the best it can be(in 107 reviews)

• "We have great support center staff(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "I don't have any downside to working at Proforma(in 51 reviews)

• "More press about our company in Tampa would be nice(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "support center"

Return to all Reviews

"Greg and Vera listen and care"

Current Employee - Collector

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's amazing to work with a company where the founder is so open and available and the ceo truly listens. It's clear to me that they really care about our owners and our support center team.

Cons

Not much negative to say about such a positive company with great leadership.

Advice to Management

Thanks for listening and caring about us.

Proforma2017-11-21

"Proforma Review"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in South Houston, TX

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros: Support center team, fellow owners, sales rep recruiting assistance, and other business development resources.

Cons

Cons: I would like to get help recruiting more great sales reps. The first recruit they found me is doing great. Looking forward to getting more.

Advice to Management

Advice: Sales rep recruiting is great for me. I would like to get even more reps to grow my business.

Proforma2017-09-18

"MMDC Franchise Owner"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pros of Proforma for me is its people. We have great support center staff. We also have great fellow franchise owners to share together with. I am fortunate to be in a mastermind group with follow Million Dollar Club owners. The people are second to none. Of course the business development tools are very helpful, too. So is our pricing with preferred suppliers.

Cons

The cons of Proforma is waiting for the new technology platform. It wouldn't be that much of a con, but I was able to see it first hand at convention and now we can't wait to use it.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to hurry up and finish our new technology platform. I was very impressed at convention and can't wait to use it in my business.

Proforma2017-09-08

"Not the worst, but definitely could be better"

Former Employee - Marketing/Business Development in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Proforma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's nice that the franchise owners are able to leave a ton of positive reviews, but the experience of working in the support center is vastly different than that of the franchise owners, and make no mistake - without the support center employees, you have nothing to offer the franchise owners. One of the best parts of my job at Proforma was that I had a direct supervisor that was hands-off, didn't micromanage,... and treated everyone fairly. If you produced, you were pretty much left alone to do your work without someone hovering over your shoulder all the time. The franchise owners I worked with, with very few exceptions, were easy to work with, and really appreciated the work that was being done to help them grow their businesses. I met some really good people both in the support center, and among the franchise owners, and I learned a lot while I was there.

Cons

Please get with the rest of the progressive working world, and allow people to have flex time, and even work from home occasionally if their situation warrants it. Some departments are permitted this latitude, but others are not, and it's not because those employees couldn't do their jobs from a remote location. It's a control thing, and it's outdated. Long term employees are leaving one after another, and... they are not being replaced. Instead, their workloads are simply being redistributed to other employees, and most of the time, no additional compensation is being offered. People are expected to just do more work, for the same pay, and they are afraid to complain/question most of the time, for fear of losing their jobs. In the short term, that might make your bottom line look good, but in the long term, you will continue to lose good people who are sick of being taken advantage of. If the budget is that big of a concern, start with cutting the dead weight of the non-performing employees. There is no reason that some people should still have jobs, when they haven't hit their goals in a very long time, and aren't even close most months. Allowing that sort of behavior to go unchecked breeds resentment among the employees that work hard to produce, and crushes morale.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of confrontation, and get rid of the dead weight. If you did that on occasion, you'd probably have it in the budget to replace the people who choose to leave, instead of overworking whoever is left in the department.

Proforma2017-09-22

"Innovative and Forward-Thinking Workplace!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Proforma is a stable and reliable workplace with longstanding integrity and core values that our Owners and employees can count on; however we are also ever changing to stay current and relevant which makes the workplace feel new and exciting...even for long term employees. Communication is key here which helps everyone feel valued. We have regular company meetings to promote knowledge of the different roles... and departments which in turn helps everyone do their jobs better and facilitates appreciation for others. Our Leadership Team also recognizes specific employees at these meetings for a job well done! We have a Support Center Advisory Council to promote communication throughout the organization and better connect and communicate with our two locations (Cleveland and Tampa). The SCAC also plans great teambuilding and morale boosting activities throughout the year. I have been an employee for over 10 years and still love coming to work at Proforma!

Cons

People are not always happy regardless of various efforts made for improvement - no matter where they work. Unhappiness is a personal choice and it's unfortunate that it can be demotivating to others.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for greatness! Appreciate each other and the great employees we have at Proforma. And try not to allow a few inherently unhappy people demotivate you or your teams.

Proforma2017-08-03

"Great people - growing company"

Former Employee - Emarketing Specialist in Independence, OH

I worked at Proforma full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a former member of the marketing team, I saw first-hand the growth this company is experiencing. The crown jewel of this company is the people at the Support Center. I've never worked with a more tightly-knit group of people before - and the atmosphere they create alone makes this organization worth your time to apply. People aside - there's always something to do, and there's always a challenge to over-come... which leads to a fulfilling work experience. People interested in going above and beyond can go far in this organization.

Cons

There is definitely room for improvement, but certainly nothing that would warrant keeping you from looking into Proforma. Medical benefits are mostly competitive, but pay leaves something to be desired, as is a lack of flex time (though, since my departure, I understand management is looking into this - again, the people here are fantastic, and management is always looking to improve the atmosphere for their... employees). This job is not for you if hard work and tight deadlines scare you. This is a high-pressure job at times, and any person looking for an easy 9-5 desk job would best be served to search elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Follow through on a flex time plan - this will go a long way in helping your retain the stellar talent you have on the team. Employee recognition is fantastic, and you do a stellar job in this area, but reconsider the benefits and pay for your hard workers. The market is incredibly competitive, and starving for the kind of people that you currently employ - you've got a fantastic group of them already on your... team - taking care of them with more competitive pay and benefits will go a long way in helping you to continue to grow and succeed as you've been doing over the years.

Proforma2016-01-27

"Support Center Review"

Current Employee - Support Staff Employee in Independence, OH

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve been working in the Support Center for 6 years. I can’t imagine working anywhere else! My boss truly listens to me and his staff. He frequently passes our ideas on to the founder and president. If he gets negative feedback, he protects his staff. If the feedback is positive, he’s the first to praise his staff and give them credit. As with any job, sometimes you have to put in a little extra time, but it’s worth... it once you realize what the company does. We don’t just sell printing and promotional products, we also sell dreams and make them a reality. Each person in the Support Center has a direct impact on the 700+ small business owners in the Proforma family. Those people count on us for support and I enjoy seeing business owners quadruple their sales by using our tools, resources and guidance. It’s an absolute gift knowing that I am helping people become successful and grow their businesses.

Cons

You’re helping 700+ small business owners create and realize their dreams. I don’t understand how anyone can find something negative about that. If you don’t like helping people succeed and realize their dreams, then this isn’t the company for you.

Advice to Management

Over the past couple of years, management has made a sincere effort to improve the attitudes and moral of the staff. For example; monthly team building events, rewarding employees for submitting improvement ideas, and staff giveaways like custom apparel. Keep up the great work!

Proforma2015-12-15

"My Experience at Proforma"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Proforma full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Seek and ye shall find. I've been with Proforma over 10 years now, seen good and bad, worked under and gotten to know several members of the executive team and the Founder and the CEO. My opinion is that the company continues to improve. Compared to where it was when I first started the company has gotten better in every area that I have seen. I have switched departments 3 times now. I was with each department... for several years, then wanted a change for me, what did I do, I asked. I went after what I wanted and Proforma gave me that opportunity. Proforma has so many different departments that an individual can grow so much in each of those, as they all practice good business and have great executive team leaders who care about their employees (I've worked specifically under 4 Executive team members who are still there and know those 5 do care about people and feel that I know the remaining executives pretty well and they care too). They all teach great pieces of information that can help you grow as an individual. I enjoyed my time at the Support Center in Cleveland for several years, and not once did an executive team member ignore me or shut their door to me(I may not have always gotten exactly what I wanted), but they had to do what was best for the company at that time and what they thought was the best decision. However, when I truly needed something Proforma and the Founder, Executive Team and CEO were there for me as an individual. Proforma since I have started has made several changes(but you have too to be a successful company, how many companies have been successful over the last hundred years and never changed?) It consistently makes changes for the better of the company to service their Franchise Owners better, or grow the company more, or a more efficient back office to make that portion of their company better. Change is hard for people though but we all go through it. Proforma has adapted well, and consistently Proves it by being in the top 2 or 3 in Printing and Promotional Product Industry (Strictly a number, no opinion). Proforma has grown every year I've been with them (Although I can't take all the credit), and has succeeded to do things the competition can't and won't. I am one of the people who moved to the Tampa office and absolutely love it here, I loved Cleveland as well, but I like warm weather more. The attitude of Proforma is amazing, the people care, the executives care, the founder cares and the CEO cares. I truly look forward to going into work every morning, and hope to be part of this wonderful organization for many years to come.

Cons

There is travel. There are days where you need to be there past 5:00pm(however this is typically rewarded with other times off). There are several Proforma Franchise Owners that need your help and it can be stressful as we all have deadlines.

Advice to Management

I just want to say thank you all and think you are doing a great job. I really appreciate all of your teachings and even though there have been hard times as we are all people. Please continue to stay strong and continue to lead Proforma in the future.

Proforma2015-12-18

"The People."

I have been working at Proforma

Pros

I have been a member of the Support Center Team for 5+ years and my experience has been great. A fast track to management, travel opportunities, and feeling valued by the executives and franchises Owners alike make this the best working environment I can ask for. Top that off with the best co-workers I have ever had the pleasure of working with over my career and you can't ask for a better place to show up to... every day.

Cons

Not firing the cancers in the office more quickly.

"business development"

I have been working at Proforma

Pros

reflecting on my time with Proforma it's been a great business opportunity for people in our industry as well as for employees of the Support Center. a lot of the employees have tenure (beyond 10 years) and it has been fun working with them to create the results of this company.

Cons

be prepared to be challenged to grow professionally and relationally in work responsibilities.

Found 21 reviews