Progress Residential Leasing Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Progress Residential Leasing Specialist Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2019

Found 7 reviews

1.1
Progress Residential CEO Charles Mueller (no image)
Charles Mueller
  1. "Great company, growing and moving in right direction."

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Progress Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

So far this company has reassured me that some corporations are about making sure their employees are nurtured and taken care of. I work harder than I ever have and that is because they work hard for me. I am really pleased with my decision, I have no regrets taking this position. I got an offer for my dream job but took this one because they offered me everything I need. Everyone is happy, that was the major... deciding factor for me.

Cons

They are still learning and growing. I have faith that any issues will be addressed and ironed out. Right now I think there are too many agents but I trust them to make the right decision for the company and the employees overall. I have faith in this company, for me that is big because I do not trust any corporation to have their employees best interest at heart.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I am proud to be apart of such a great company!

Progress Residential2016-04-16

"This company doesn’t care about its employees!"

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist

I have been working at Progress Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Health benefits - autonomy NOTHING ELSE !

Cons

-No room for growth or professional development. - favoritism - extreme pay cuts for leasing specialist despite financial growth. -unprofessional work environment, with leadership that talks down to you.

Advice to Management

The best companies value and respect their employees. It’s clear that progress residential doesn’t. We’re more than a number.

Progress Residential2019-07-24

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist

I worked at Progress Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are better than most. Growing company and fast paced environment.

Cons

Progress micromanages it’s employees. Market leaders can’t make decisions. There are quite a few real estate ethical, fair housing, and unethical acts taking place. They state that they welcome feedback but they don’t. If you are a stay under the radar type of person, it would be a great Job for you. It’s not for those who speak up. No opportunities for advancement. They recently cut Leasing Specialist pay... 60% with only a 20 day notice.

Advice to Management

Give employees constructive feedback and develop a leadership development program. Listen to your employees and not just numbers. The number will eventually show what employees are stating, it just takes a little while.

Progress Residential2019-06-16

"Leasing Specialist"

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist

I have been working at Progress Residential full-time

Pros

We have some great employees who work insanely hard. Harder than what this company deserves.

Cons

The company as whole could not care less about it's employees or residents. There's absolutely no appreciation or loyalty for your hard work. It seems that the only people with half a brain are the actual workers. The higher the management title, the less common sense they have and the further from reality they tend to be. All of the decisions made in the corporate office are done on a whim without regards for... how difficult it makes the smallest task for everybody. And the people making the policies and processes have no idea what the job we do really is (and that goes for every department). They wont ask questions from the people in the field to see if what they're implementing makes the slightest bit of sense. They just make a huge change and let the chips lie wherever they fall. LEASING HOMES IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. IT REALLY SHOULDNT BE THIS HARD. Theres NO communication between departments and no accountability whatsoever. They'll either lay you off or cut your pay in half, change your job, change your schedule, change your life, and not give it a second thought. They expect you to squeeze 70 hours worth of work into a 40 hour week. They'll blow money on stickers that dont stick, scent sticks that dont smell and systems that dont work and turn around and take it out of your pay and opportunity. Not to mention the unbelievably high rent their trying to push. Newsflash! Familie's don't recieve a 10% raise every year... they can't keep up with a 10% increase in rent every year. We're losing good residents because we're pricing them out of their homes too quickly only to turn around and let a home sit vacant for 4 or 5 months because (big shocker) its priced too high.... then we end up leasing it for less than what the previous residents were leasing it for. Common sense is a commodity this company is severely lacking. There is a reason the turnover rate is so extremely high in this company. What started out as a company with the best of intentions took a sharp left turn and became unbelievably nasty and greedy.

Advice to Management

Go back to the basics. Show some loyalty and appreciation to the employees who literally built this company. Give more power back to the local markets as opposed to running it all from Arizona. THAT'S NOT WORKING. It's ineffective & inefficient and just makes everything 1000x harder.

Progress Residential2019-05-18
  5. "Lead, Follow or Get Out of The Way!"

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Progress Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is creating a differentiator in the marketplace for property management. They are paving the way for creating a superior product and being a great place to work. I have been there long enough to see the changes in staff, process and beliefs; and the change has filtered out the bad to reveal what is quickly becoming one of the top places to work. I am paid well, I have great managers and my co-workers... are like family. Looking forward to being bigger and better!

Cons

Not a great place to work if you do not like change and are not adaptable. Very face paced, but management gives you down time when you need it. Technology driven, so not a good place if you are not sharp with picking up new ideas and concepts. Hard work is definitely rewarded, so if you are looking for a place to just get a paycheck, this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Stay relevant by following the path of the corporate office. Things change quickly and we need managers to be embrace and be on point with the changes. This is not like the "other" companies, so your ideas from past positions may not apply. Stay positive and move us forward!

Progress Residential2017-02-10

May 24, 2017Marketing

Thank you for your constructive feedback!

"Do not reccomend"

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist

I worked at Progress Residential full-time

Pros

good pay and benefits, pays mileage

Cons

upper management, no work/life balance

Progress Residential2017-01-31

June 13, 2017Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you feel this way and encourage you to speak with your manager or HR about your schedule to ensure a healthy balance.

"Leasing Specialist"

Leasing Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Progress Residential

Pros

Great houses, great team to work for in beginning

Cons

Too many changes not enough time to implement changes

Advice to Management

Give the managers a chance before making changes

Progress Residential2017-01-13

June 13, 2017Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. As we continue to grow, we know that our communication needs to be at the highest level. If you have additional thoughts on how we can improve, please reach out to HR, your manager or anyone on the executive leadership team.

Found 7 reviews