Progressive Business Publications Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Edward Satell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay unless you are hitting bonus level (in 4 reviews)

• Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

1. "New leadership and changes are exciting to learn about. More communication and sharing information has been happening"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People I work with are great. I trust them and I feel as though people have my back. Issues are addressed most of the time

Cons

Building is outdated and needs to be made over. Because teams are spread out we don't talk about other areas as often as we should

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information

"Changes are starting to take hold"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

Pros

Improved IT infrastructure to build for success
    Open door policies with the managers and willingness to listen
    Executive team is very accessible to the employees

Cons

Could use more vacation days, but appreciate the flexibility in my schedule
    Expand on the benefits a little more

Advice to Management

Continued investment in new strategic initiatives to transition from current revenue streams to new revenue streams

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with; a great deal of autonomy allowing you to share your ideas and collaborate with others; currently involved in a phase which brings employees from various divisions together to discuss and share ideas with each other; great leadership; good benefits; employee appreciation events

Cons

Salary could be higher; also working with older outdated software systems which at times prevent us from performing and providing above average customer service

Advice to Management

Continue to implement collaboration amongst the various departments so that we can gain new ideas, new ways to be successful in our jobs; continuous training sessions; need to improve the technology so we can do our jobs more efficiently

"Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bensalem, PA

Pros

The pros of this company are quite obvious, flex schedule nice friendly atmosphere plenty of lighting. The office in Bensalem, the atmosphere is so pleasant. Everyone there is so willing to help you achieve your goals and there is plenty of room to advance. The branch manager is one of the nicest people. She is very understanding and works with everyone.

Cons

The insurance is too high. They should pay for managers insurance.

Advice to Management

Look after your managers better

5. "manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, company gives back to employees and to community. I am starting to hear about other parts of the business more and that's a good thing. I hope that continues.

Cons

getting things done in IT seems to take forever. My other company was able to support the business better with IT resources.

Advice to Management

keep asking employees and clients questions on how to improve.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can feel the positive vibe from employees across the company. That makes coming to work rewarding which leads to me giving more of myself to the company. PBP continues to upgrade its technology, and is becoming even more data-driven with its focus on analytics and e-commerce. Well-diversified and stable, and has an entrepreneurial feel. We serve many thousands of customers in companies of all sizes across America which relates to the stability. It paid out for profit sharing again this year to employees and seems like it has done so every year going back many years. There is a new CEO and so far he seems to be a good addition for shaping the next phases for PBP. Hours of work are very reasonable.

Cons

Not enough days off provided.

Advice to Management

Reduce bottlenecks in I.T.

7. "Structure, growth and flexibility."

Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA

Pros

I love the hours. No evenings or weekends. The fact that I am able to grow with the company. They promote from within. The training program is outstanding. A great atmosphere! A very supportive culture. The company knows how important we are. I enjoy coming to work every day. Not many can say that.

Cons

I have never run into any cons that cause me to re evaluate my position here.

Advice to Management

Management has done an outstanding job with everything.

8. "Awesome work culture! This company really supports both personal and professional development."

Current Employee - Morning Manager in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Morning Manager in Williamsport, PA

Pros

In addition to the flexible work schedule, competitive pay, and opportunities for advancement- PBP's core values facilitate an environment I'm proud to be a part of.

Cons

Because of the flexibility of the work schedule you have to be self managed. For some, this can different and challenging from what they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "rewarding"

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, great people, great pay

Cons

Frustrated at sales standards, the average person cannot excel, company does not cancel subscriptions accurately

Advice to Management

lower standards of sales for employees, rent better ventilated office space

10. "Fun! Fun! Fun!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement with the company. Great choice for people that have other obligations (single parents, two jobs, etc). Write your own paycheck!

Cons

It is a performance type position. It may not be the job for everyone. Sometimes people have to leave because they are over qualified and have to take a position making more money.

Advice to Management

Continue constant growth through training and development of every employee. Offer incentives to employees in the form of benefits (410K, profit sharing, etc.).