Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 11, 2017

5.0
Edward Satell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The biggest pro of PBP is the flexibility of my work schedule, and the relaxed work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, Great people to work with (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay unless you are hitting bonus level (in 4 reviews)

• Employee turnover rate is horrific (in 4 reviews)

1. "A fantastic place to work!"

Pros

Working for PBP has been one of the greatest work experiences i have had. The can-do, go-the-extra-mile and win-win attitudes are evident and the employees have a sense of camaraderie, cooperation and empowerment. Healthy competition keeps the job fun and the employees motivated.

Everyone communicates in a cards-on-the-table manner, solving difficulties in a positive way, and viewing feedback as an opportunity for growth. People enjoy coming to work and feel appreciated, acknowledged and rewarded. New employees are welcomed with open arms and all tools to be successful.

The managers and upper level bosses always make those who work underneath them feel like a critical part of their business. From one-on-one coaching to team building activities, there is an abundance of support in a very positive and easy going atmosphere.

Cons

The cons of working here are very few and far between they aren't even worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Excellent & Friendly"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work for the Catalyst Media Division of PBP and it is a friendly and warm environment to work at. The staff is super supportive. The hours are flexible and the management is easy to work with. The training program really helps you get a jump start on the right track to getting weekly bonuses. The office is comfortable and easy to access. Overall, this is a great company and this division especially is great to work for...I would recommend this job to anyone looking to work hard for what they want.

Cons

You must have superior hearing skills in order to work here...it can sometimes be loud but not in a negative way.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

3. "PBP Rocks!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent professional/personal development and training, tons of room for advancement opportunity within the company, great place to "climb the ladder" in management, the values of the company are amazing as well in the sense that we believe in giving back to the community

Cons

Sometimes the company gets a bad wrap, because of the nature of our business.

Advice to Management

Team work and clear, set expectations are a necessity.

4. "Great people, company and culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I'm currently employed at the HQ in Malvern. The people I work with are great and management truly cares about their employees. I've been here for a while due to the growth opportunities and what I've mentioned above about the atmosphere. What’s best are three things, no politicking, no bureaucracy, lastly - work hard and you'll be rewarded! If you have good ideas, they'll be considered then implemented once tested and proven with positive results. That's a huge plus in my book because you're given the freedom to create your own path while contributing to the success of the company and increasing personal growth.

Cons

The cons I could list are so minor that they wouldn't even impact how much I truly enjoy working here. For example: I'm not a fan of the coffee (others are - Wawa is not my favorite) but it's free!

5. "Best Job Ive ever had!"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Job, Great Managers, Great Atmosphere... loved everything about it.

Cons

Manager pay needs to be more for good employees to stay

6. "Call Center Customer Service & Sales Representative, Data Entry"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service & Sales Representative, Data Entry in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the hours, schedule and pay. I had a lot of positive training and feedback. I enjoyed helping the clients and their businesses. I learned how to create a great customer service, problem trouble shooting and marketing new strategies. I learned how to grow and become smarter as a sales and customer service representative and how I was grooming myself to become a part of a successful and thriving company and gaining lucrative experiences.

Cons

I loved my job and the family culture.

Advice to Management

Management was wonderful and helped me to grow with the company.

7. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-good managers who are easy to work with
    -open door style

Cons

-Could use more company social events

Advice to Management

Offer an extra vacation day after two years to reward loyalty.

8. "Understanding, Amazing, and Family oriented!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Warren, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Warren, OH

Pros

My 2 managers at my branch and the Regional manager are VERY family oriented, understanding , they work with you on your pay and coach you on how to make more money.

You have opportunity for advancement IF you want it.

They understand the importance of team work and POSITIVE atmosphere. We have fun here, we laugh, we make our sales, we are very close .... I feel like I have my own work family ... that genuinely cares for me ... I've been here almost 2 years and I couldn't ask for a more understanding , sympathetic , great company to work for.

I look forward to coming to work.

They have an open door policy that I like.

The managers have been on the phones and get on the phones, so they KNOW what you are going through when struggling.... they are always there to help and coach... they treat you as if you're important ...

my branch is lucky to have the 2 greatest managers.... it's them who keep us laughing and the positive vibes going and us WANTING to come to work.

Cons

🔹Sure it can get monotonous , at times, but any job can.
    🔹I think the coffee COULD BE A LITTLE stronger lol but it's free so YAY!
    🔹My ONLY con is when the DOL changed the rules on breaks .... I would prefer the DOL to go back to the way it was last year ... but this company NOR it's employees have a say on what the Department Of Labor will or won't do.

Advice to Management

Take some tips from the managers at the warren branch and use them as examples for other branches IF you EVER have a "management issue" .... because warren is 100% LEGIT with amazing management.

9. "Flexible schedule"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

Pros

Make your own paycheck! Make your own hours! Such a helpful management staff! Always makes me feel important!

Cons

No overtime. No weekends. Dated computer systems.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Progressive Business Publications Response

Feb 8, 2017 – HR Manager

We will be upgrading both hardware and software in our branches in the first half of 2017.

10. "Solid Company, great opportunity to make a big difference."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

PBP is a very solid and stable company. The company is going through a transformation to improve and innovate it's infrastructure. PBP is investing smartly to strengthen it's core business components.
    It's a good time to join this company in order to learn new things and grow within. Senior management is very supportive of new ideas.

Cons

Interior of the building looks little outdated, but I look at it as an opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and encourage new ideas.