Progressive Business Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 15, 2018

3.6
Edward Satell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The biggest pro of PBP is the flexibility of my work schedule, and the relaxed work environment" (in 14 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, Great people to work with" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The content generated by this company isn't anything a reader couldn't find for themselves in a 5 minute Google search" (in 3 reviews)

• "Bathroom breaks, lunches, and vacations are unpaid" (in 2 reviews)

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The working hours provided are fantastic! You can't beat Monday thru Friday 9-5:00 these days! Also, they allow a lot flexibility in your schedule for appointments or other various things that can come up. All the people I work with are helpful, supportive and positive which makes it a really fun place to work!

Cons

Too few and too small to mention.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

Upward movement easily attained if you are motivated, supportive management

Cons

Pay could be a little more competitive

3. "You Get What You Put In To It"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Meadville, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with room for advancement if you are a driven, self motivated individual. Not the place for you if you are looking to clock punch your way through the work day.

Cons

No afternoon shift. West coast could be called more extensively if we had an over lapping shift from 3 to 8 pm. That's noon to five pm west coast time.

Advice to Management

I recognize that this is already beginning to change but I think you would have better results with hiring if you were up front about what it is we do...exactly. So many ads I see say customer service and 10.20 am hour base pay. It's misleading. Don't we want strong, capable reps who know what they're signing up for? Why don't we always say it's 8:40 an hour plus performance bonuses and and lump sum check of about 500 bucks every ten weeks for hitting the minimum company standard. We do outbound business to business telephone sales. Own it, love it, take pride in it. It's a perfectly reasonable deal if you're willing to work for your pay

Jun 13, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. Your advice is a good. We plan on implementing.

"Best place to work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Altoona, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Altoona, PA

Pros

I've never worked with a better management team as well as the awesome employees that make up our team!

Cons

I can't possibly think of a single negative thing to say about the company!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jun 13, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback! I am glad you are enjoying people you work with!

5. "A fantastic place to work!"

Pros

Working for PBP has been one of the greatest work experiences i have had. The can-do, go-the-extra-mile and win-win attitudes are evident and the employees have a sense of camaraderie, cooperation and empowerment. Healthy competition keeps the job fun and the employees motivated.

Everyone communicates in a cards-on-the-table manner, solving difficulties in a positive way, and viewing feedback as an opportunity for growth. People enjoy coming to work and feel appreciated, acknowledged and rewarded. New employees are welcomed with open arms and all tools to be successful.

The managers and upper level bosses always make those who work underneath them feel like a critical part of their business. From one-on-one coaching to team building activities, there is an abundance of support in a very positive and easy going atmosphere.

Cons

The cons of working here are very few and far between they aren't even worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Oct 23, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your input and are glad you are gaining a positive work experience at PBP.

6. "Excellent & Friendly"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Pottsville, PA

Pros

I work for the Catalyst Media Division of PBP and it is a friendly and warm environment to work at. The staff is super supportive. The hours are flexible and the management is easy to work with. The training program really helps you get a jump start on the right track to getting weekly bonuses. The office is comfortable and easy to access. Overall, this is a great company and this division especially is great to work for...I would recommend this job to anyone looking to work hard for what they want.

Cons

You must have superior hearing skills in order to work here...it can sometimes be loud but not in a negative way.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

7. "PBP Rocks!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent professional/personal development and training, tons of room for advancement opportunity within the company, great place to "climb the ladder" in management, the values of the company are amazing as well in the sense that we believe in giving back to the community

Cons

Sometimes the company gets a bad wrap, because of the nature of our business.

Advice to Management

Team work and clear, set expectations are a necessity.

Jun 13, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your comments. Glad you are taking the opportunity to advance at our company!

8. "Great people, company and culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I'm currently employed at the HQ in Malvern. The people I work with are great and management truly cares about their employees. I've been here for a while due to the growth opportunities and what I've mentioned above about the atmosphere. What’s best are three things, no politicking, no bureaucracy, lastly - work hard and you'll be rewarded! If you have good ideas, they'll be considered then implemented once tested and proven with positive results. That's a huge plus in my book because you're given the freedom to create your own path while contributing to the success of the company and increasing personal growth.

Cons

The cons I could list are so minor that they wouldn't even impact how much I truly enjoy working here. For example: I'm not a fan of the coffee (others are - Wawa is not my favorite) but it's free!

9. "Best Job Ive ever had!"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Job, Great Managers, Great Atmosphere... loved everything about it.

Cons

Manager pay needs to be more for good employees to stay

10. "Call Center Customer Service & Sales Representative, Data Entry"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service & Sales Representative, Data Entry in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the hours, schedule and pay. I had a lot of positive training and feedback. I enjoyed helping the clients and their businesses. I learned how to create a great customer service, problem trouble shooting and marketing new strategies. I learned how to grow and become smarter as a sales and customer service representative and how I was grooming myself to become a part of a successful and thriving company and gaining lucrative experiences.

Cons

I loved my job and the family culture.

Advice to Management

Management was wonderful and helped me to grow with the company.